Chapter 18

Shadows
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chunji says "You asked me before right? Why i chose you and not other peculiars?" You nod your head.

Chunji answers "I chose you because you were mine." You blink your eyes, Chunji says "Come here," telling you to scoot over to him.

You ask "What?" Chunji holds your hand, his feet touching the ground as he caresses your cheeks.

He ruffles your hair and everything seemed so surreal to you. Your flashbacks played at the back of your mind like a silent movie.

Mr. Lee screamed "Lee Junhee! You follow that jerk and you'll get it from me!" You cried "Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!"

Chunji says "Hey, listen to your dad. I'll come again tomorrow, maybe he's not in a good mood today. You should stay with him."

You mumble "Who will be if he killed his own wife?" Chunji blinks his eyes, he says "Junhee, i thought you said you'll forget about it."

You reply "Youre a peculiar, you understand dont you? I see my mom around him everyday."

Chunji answers "But you have no idea why she lingers around him. Perhaps she's worried what'll happen."

You ask "You dont get it do you? Dad's never home, mum's always drunk and im stuck in that ing hell."

Chunji corrects "We're stuck in that ing hell." You cross your arms, Chunji says "Here," passing a folded paper.

You ask "What's this?" Chunji answers "If i ever crossed your mind, read me," kissing your forehead.

He walks out of his car and opens the door for you, he calls "Im sorry Mr. Lee, its my mistake."

Mr. Lee replies "Damn right its your mistake!" You hug Chunji and say "See you tomorrow?"

Chunji thought *There won't be a tomorrow for me Junie.* Chunji replies "I love you, i always will and always have."

Chunji then takes out your book, Flowers of Fire. A folded paper falls to the floor, he says "You didnt read it didnt you?"

You look down, blinking at the still-well folded paper. You pick it up and unfold it, it writes;

Dearest Junhee,

By the time you read this, i'm probably dead or about to be dead. You've asked me before, what was my ability...

Please log in to read the full chapter