Chapter 16

Shadows
Please log in to read the full chapter
L asks "What? Why cant i protect you Junie?" You answer "N-nothing, i-i... Its nothing." L looks at you, he thought *What are you hiding Junie?*

You grab your bag and say "Come on, hell awaits." L says "Dont try to hide Junhee, out of all the secrets we think we have, almost none of them are truly secret."

You reply "Then you must be smart enough to not find out why." L says "That Chunji dude must have something to do with it dont he? Afterall, why would he pick you wont he?"

You answer "Come on, stop stalling." L says "Im not, you are. You pretend that youre someone who is strong and able but youre nothing; youre vulnerable."

You ask "Whats so wrong with being vulnerable? Can you tell me? Whats so wrong with being the one who gets stepped on? Plus, the world is balanced thanks to people like me."

L answers "Thats the problem! You cry for help and when someone notices you, you push them away. Why cant you see that im trying to help?"

You cry "Because you cant! Its not easy. Its never easy. Do you know how it feels when you close your eyes but all you see are ghosts? Do you know what it feels like to live in darkness during daylight? Do you know what its like to live an empty life? You dont and you never will Myungsoo."

L says "I can if you let me," walking outside the room. He continues "Plus, if you could believe me then you must be able to let me in."

The both of you head downstairs; bidding goodbye to
Please log in to read the full chapter