Chapter 14

Shadows
Please log in to read the full chapter
With much persuasion, you ended up staying overnight at L's house. His father, Mr. Kim welcomes you greatly. Haneul didnt like your company at all.

She says "There no food for you. I didnt expect you'd stay since you said you were about to leave." You reply "Its fine, my mistake."

Mr. Kim says "Dont be shy Junhee, make yourself at home. Myungsoo, take her to the kitchen. Let her cook for herself." L stands up and leads you.

L says "Make yourself look scarce." You reply "Why? Im not impressing anyone." L answers "My dad thinks you'll cook better than Haneul." You ask "Why? Isnt her cooking good? The food looks delicious to me though."

L replies "Lets just say its as good as it looks. Nothing special to it." You say "There isnt that umph feeling to it; does it?" L nods his head, you ask "So does this mean i have to cook extra?"

L answers "Yeah, just incase. Im curious with your cooking skills too." You thought *Please. I'd wipe your lips off that face.* L asks "What face?"

You shoot a glare. You take a few eggs, the leftover rice, some sesame oil, leftover kimchi and fry it in the pan. L says "Kimchi fried rice... Smells good." You reply "Tastes good too."

L asks "Can i have a bite?" You take a spoonful and warn "Its still hot though." L blows air to it and eats it spoonful. He munches and swallows.

You wait for his response. He didnt say a word. You ask "Why? Is it too bland?" L thought *It tastes like mum's cooking.* You then take a bite of it. L says "No, its fine. Its delicious, i like it."

You smile in satisfaction. L asks "Are you the one who cooks for your dad?" You answer "Nope, we have maids at home and i learn to cook from them. I did learn a few with my mum but i just couldnt cook the food she taught me."

L asks "She must be a good cook then. Your skills surprised me. I mean, most girls rarely cook dont they?" You shrug and answer "It depends on the girl and... Their tummy."

Haneul asks "You guys done here?" You carry the bowl and head to the dining room. Mr. Kim says "Ah, thought so. I was afraid you'd burn the kitchen," laughing. You chuckle and place the bowl.

Mr. Kim looks interested. He asks "Whats that Junhee?" You answer "Just kimchi fried rice," as you take a few scoops to your bowl.

L makes a run for it too. Mr. Kim asks "May i have some?" You nod your head and say "Pass me your bow
Please log in to read the full chapter