Chapter 4

Shadows
Please log in to read the full chapter
L's P.O.V

I sit on the chair as she swims herself back into the pool. *She's good.* i thought. I lay back and close my eyes.

The sound of water splashing is not helping me. I open back my eyes and see her book, Flowers of Fire. I thought *She likes literature?*

She's walking back out of the water, drying herself. She grabs her clothes and walk to the locker room. *Is she leaving already?* i ask myself.

She arrives back and with another towel covered over her hair, drying it. She asks "You dont talk at all do you?" I blink my eyes. I look at her, *Jeez Junie, why are you so nosy in people's business?*

L replies "Oh no, i just dont like people and their attitude." You chuckle and say "Hm, part of life." I ask "Why are you skipping today? Do you come here often?"

She chuckles and answers "Youre quite curious for someone who is mysterious." I rub my nape and thought *Great, she caught me.* Junhee smiles and says "If youve been through what i've been through, throw a rock at me. Im immune to the pain."

I look at her, she's deeply scarred for a girl. I ask "Then, why do you stay? Why do you tolerate? You can always fight back."

Junhee chuckles again. She answers "Im sorry L. Im not that kind of girl. Im not like my mom who knows how to stand up for herself in desperate measures. Im weak, puny... Small," in dismay.

I blurt "Its okay, call me Myungsoo." Blinking at my statement, she asks "Thats your real
Please log in to read the full chapter