Suspicion

Most Wanted

Jiyeon opened her eyes. 

She looked around but to her disappointment, Myungsoo had gone. Sighing, she got up from the faded, musty mattress and stretched. Then she flopped back down on the mattress. With limited things to do in the bare room, Jiyeon just went with listening to her breathing. In and out, in and out. 

In and out, in and out. 

Slowly, her thoughts started wandering towards Myungsoo subconsciously. She remembered her head restign on his shoulder. His soft breathing and the gentle rise and fall of his chest. 

Stop. 

Jiyeon swallowed, she shouldn't think about him. This was just for the mission. It would just hurt her and him even more if she fell for him. 

Jiyeon shook her head and glanced around agitatedly. She didn't like staying in that small, dark room. Without any form of distraction or even a window to look out of, it was easy for her mind to wander back towards thougths about Myungsoo.

She ran over to the door and banged on it desperately. 

The room was making her feel claustrophobic, like the walls were shrinking down on her, crushing her. 

Footsteps were heard outside a door. 

"Stop being so loud," a voice growled on the other side. 

"Let me out!" She shook the door handle. 

To her surprise, the door clicked open and Sunggyu stood in front of it. He glared at Jiyeon, "I said shut up!" 

Jiyeon frowned at him but didn't say anything. 

Sehun who had probably heard the voices came up behind Sunggyu, "Hey, what's happening?"

"She was making a racket," said Sunggyu spitefully. 

Sehun looked from Sunggyu to Jiyeon, "Well she has been locked in that stuffy room for a few days now." he said quietly. 

"That's only so that she won't be able to escape like last time," Sunggyu replied. His eyes narrowed at Sehun as a warning. 

Jiyeon was confused, why was Sunggyu being like this? All the other Infinite members had been nice to her apart from Sunggyu who had been giving her weird looks for the past few days. 

Could he be suspecting her? 

"Sunggyu!" There was pounding of feet on the stairs and Woohyun appeared. Surprise flashed on his face for a moment after seeing the scene in front of him but it was replaced quickly by worry and frustration.

"We've got a problem, it looks like EXO's been planning something," Woohyun smoothed his hair back and let out a sigh, "There's been news that they've planted spies in our midst." 

Sunggyu shot Jiyeon a look. A look of suspicion and mistrust. 

"You mean..." 

Woohyun nodded, "It could be any one of us." 

Following Sunggyu's look, Woohyun's eyes also set upon Jiyeon. There was slight suspicion but it was not so much that it was noticeable. 

Jiyeon tried to hide her panic. This was going all wrong. How was she supposed to save Eunjung if they were starting to suspect her? Jiyeon bit her lips slightly and took a deep breath through her nose to try and keep calm. 

"We don't know who to trust. Keep her locked up for now and don't let anyone see her." 

Jiyeon was pushed into the room. In the narrow slit of the doorway, Jiyeon caught sight of Myungsoo's slightly confused face, just before the door closed on her. 

~~~

Jiyeon didn't know if hours, days or weeks had passed. It could have been only a few hours for all she knew since there was no clock and she had no wristwatch to keep track. All she could do in that room was eat, sleep and occasionally walk about the room. Myungsoo hadn't come since Woohyun had come with the news and nor had anyone else apart from Sehun who only came to give her food. 

Sehun himself was trying his best to keep his cover and wouldn't risk talking to Jiyeon in fear of getting caught. 

It was starting to drive her mad staying in that room. Hour after hour.

She couldn't stop worrying about whether Eunjung was safe, whether she was still alive. 

If she failed to complete her mission, they had said they would kill her. 

But it didn't seem like she would suceed. 

Jiyeon held her head in her hands. 

She was so caught up in her thoughts that at first she didn't hear the knock on the door. It was only on the third knock followed by a call of her name that made her look up. Thinking it was Sehun again with food, Jiyeon didn't pay much attention until the door opened quietly and a tuft of messy, dark hair poked through the door. 

The corner's of Myungsoo's mouth twitched into a small smile, "Are you okay?" Something was missing from those eyes. 

Jiyeon smiled widely, "Yeah, where have you been?" 

Myungsoo's smile disappeared and his eyes hardened, "Sunggyu forbade us from talking to you." 

The smile on Jiyeon's lips wavered. The two stood in silence. 

"You're not with them," It sounded more like a statement rather than a question, like he wanted it to be true. Myungsoo breathed in deeply, "No, I trust you. You're not working for them." 

Jiyeon nodded, "No, I'm not" 

She lied. 


A/N: My mind is so blank. The last half was improvisation because I'm suffering from writer's block :(

Hope it was okay...

Comments please :) Ways to improve and/or maybe some ideas? 

Thanks ^^