Leaving

Most Wanted

"Yeah," Kai nodded cheerfully, "I have to introduce you to my parents seeing that we've been going out for so long."

"We haven't been going out Kai," Jiyeon sighed, it wasn't the first time she had tried to correct Kai. 

Kai ignored her, "Anyway, why am I at the hospital? You didn't get hurt did you?" 

"Yes I did, in fact you were the one that shot me," Jiyeon replied coldly, avoiding looking at the bright smile that Kai threw at her. 

"Someone shot you? Tell me who it was, I'm going to get that guy and rip him to pieces!" 

"I told you that it was you!" Jiyeon gritted her teeth and yelled back. 

"I wouldn't do something like that to you! You're my girlfriend-" 

Jiyeon cut him off, "I told you I'm not your girlfriend!" 

The doctor who had be watching from the side placed an arm around Jiyeon shoulders, calming her down. 

 

"I see you've already seen him," all three heads turned towards the voice coming from the door. 

"Myungsoo!" a smile formed on Jiyeon's face as she ran to the side of the said boy who was sitting in a wheelchair. His leg was wrapped in a cast which indicated a fracture of some sort and a bulge around his chest from bandages gave signs of broken ribs. 

Even though it was obvious that this wasn't the case, Jiyeon still asked, "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," Myungsoo smiled back at Jiyeon before his eyes turned concerned, "How about you?" 

Before any kind of reply could escape Jiyeon's lip, Kai retorted angrily from the bed, "Hey dude, back off! She's my girl!" 

Myungsoo frowned at the boy who was now furiously trying to get out of the bed, pushing away the doctor's hands who was trying to restrict him. His dark eyes hovered over Kai for just a fragment of a second before he grabbed Jiyeon's hands and led her out of the room. Kai's enraged cries followed them outside but Jiyeon had no chance to comprehend the red hot words as she was being dragged so quickly down the corridor. Even for someone on a wheelchair, he was extremely fast seeing as he was also grabbing Jiyeon's hand tightly with one hand therefore only having one hand free for wheeling. They had already reached the lift but seeing the crowd of people waiting for the lift, a frustrated sigh escaped Myungsoo's lips as he turned to the stairs. 

While all this happened, Myungsoo didn't utter a single word. 

"How are you going to get down the stairs when you're on a wheelchair?" asked Jiyeon, "and could you please explain to me where we're going?" 

"We need to get out of here," Myungsoo's eyes flicked around his surroundings, "they said that the police are coming." 

"No, you're hurt. You have to stay here to get treated," Jiyeon became tightlipped and her eyes narrowed disapprovingly. Jiyeon twisted her hand out of Myungsoo's and firmly grabbed the handles on the back of the wheelchair and turned him around, away from the lift and stairs.

"What are you doing? I said we need to get out, I'm fine, I really am," 

"I'm not letting you leave like this, you can't even walk for goodness sake," Jiyeon replied, increasing her pace. 

"I'd rather go out like this than get caught by the police. It'll be a life sentence, I know it will be," Myungsoo muttered bitterly. 

"Myungsoo, we were both victims in this so-"

Jiyeon was surprised when Myungsoo almost shouted at her, "but they weren't. Don't you understand? Infinite are like family to me. When they find out I'm part of Infinite the police are sure to find some way to use me to find out where the others are. They're on the wanted list for attempted murder. They're in hiding right now but by staying here, I'm practically giving them up. I know that they'll come to get me if the police take me. I can't let them do that. Even if you wont come with me, I'll have to go." 

Loud breathing followed the outburst and other than that there was silence. 

Myungsoo stared Jiyeon in the eyes, his eyes were helpless and slightly frustrated but they were honest. 

"I will probably be dragging you into more trouble if I do this but I don't think I'll be able to leave you like this. Will you come with me?" Myungsoo asked, his eyes were almost begging. 

What about Eunjung? What about Kai? What if Myungsoo wasn't well enough to leave yet?

"What about EXO?" Jiyeon asked. 

"Kai won't remember anything, he didn't even recognize me back there. Most of EXO fled, the ones who could still walk anyway, they don't want to get caught by the police as much as we don't. The rest... well we'll be far away before they have a chance to say anything to the police." 

I still can't leave without Eunjung... 

"Fine, I'll go. But we're not leaving now, we'll wait. Just a few days... the police aren't coming back until the end of this week so we'll leave before then. I have to make sure that Eunjung and you are alright before we leave." Jiyeon said. 

Myungsoo beamed at her, "You're coming with me?" 

Jiyeon nodded in response. Even though she knew that only more trouble would come to her if she followed, she couldn't bring herself to say no. 

~~~~

"Myungsoo! Stop," Jiyeon firmly pushed Myungsoo back into a sitting position when she saw that he was attempting to walk again, "You do know that you'll just injure your leg more this way. It'll heal faster if you rest." 

Myungsoo stuck out his bottom lip in a pout. 

A mummer from Jiyeon's side caught her attention. 

"Eunjung, no stop that, it's dirty," she pulled Eunjung's thumb out of . The doctor had explained that Eunjung's behavior will change, causing her to act more like a child then an adult - they had said that they didn't know whether this change would be permanent or temporary. Eunjung blinked at her with confused eyes before asking in a childish voice, "Why? Will unnie play with me then?" 

"Okay," Jiyeon replied, picking up a plush from the floor.

"Ji, my leg hurts," Myungsoo whined. Jiyeon sighed and collected some painkillers that the doctor had left on the side along with a glass of water and passed it to Myungsoo. Myungsoo smiled and took the glass from her along with the tablets. He swallowed and passed the glass back, "Thanks."

"Jiyeon, play with me!" Eunjung cried and Jiyeon hurried to put the glass to the side.

"Okay, just a sec!" Jiyeon replied.

Myungsoo blew out his cheeks, "When are we getting out? I'm bored."

"What did you say?" Jiyeon busily set out the puzzle pieces on the floor.

"When are we leaving? The police are coming in a few days," Myungsoo repeated.

Jiyeon bit her lip, it had been a few days since she had made her promise to escape with Myungsoo. Myungsoo had been learning to walk on crutches for the past few days and Eunjung's medical analysis had been made so she didn't see anything that she had to stay for. Jiyeon heaved a sigh, "Fine, we'll leave. We'll leave tonight."

Myungsoo face lit up, "I knew-"

A voice from the doorway cut him off. 

"what do you mean your leaving tonight?" asked Kai in bewilderment.