The history

Most Wanted

Jiyeon mind went blank for a moment. Then like a hurricane a flood of emotion hit her, making her dizzy - her legs threatened to give way. Myungsoo grabbed her arm to steady her. The first emotion she felt was confusion - she hadn't expected the sudden confession and although she knew that she felt some attachment to Myungsoo, the question was difficult to answer for a girl who had refrained from relying on anybody her whole life.

The second was a feeling she couldn't comprehend; it felt like fireworks exploding in her chest and her heart beating, faster and faster.

The third was fear, fear of the truth, fear of lies, fear of whether Myungsoo really meant this promise he had made to her, fear of what would happen if he knew the truth about how she had been helping EXO. 

opened; trying to form words but nothing but air escaped her lips. 

~~~~

"What are you doing here?" 

Kai awkwardly turned his head, still bent down with his ear pressed against the door. 

"Are you eavesdropping?" Sehun asked incredulously and Kai straightened up with a foolish smile plastered on his face. 

"No," he denied, raking a hand through his messy hair. Sehun just shook his head before grabbing Kai's arm, pulling him away from the door and towards the shadows where they would be less likely to be spotted. Sehun looked uneasy as he looked Kai up and down. "Are you still on our side?"

Kai smile wavered, "What do you mean?" a hard glint shimmered in his eyes. 

"I know that you're faking," Sehun said coldly, the lie was worse than betrayal in his eyes; after all he had gone through to get this far it seemed that he had only been by his own team. 

Kai didn't hide his hostility now. 

It was true. 

He was faking it; at least he was now. His memory had indeed been erased but it had gradually returned and even now he couldn't remember some things and what was bothering him was that he had wanted the documents however he couldn't recall the intentions behind it. So he wasn't completely lying,Kai reassured himself as he continued to glare at Sehun, how had he known?

"Yes," Kai would admit to it - at least for now.

Sehun grimaced, "Is it because of her? If it is then you're a fool." 

"I'm not," Kai stubbornly denied it - like a little child, "And who says it's because of her?"

Sehun shook his head, "If it isn't then stop lingering around and get the document. Myungsoo is so busy trying to look good in front of the girl that it would be easy to snatch it from right under his nose. I heard him proposing to her earlier just as I pulled you here anyway," he paused, "You don't have a chance. After all, I heard you shot her, who would want to marry a guy who tried to kill her?" 

That was the last straw. Kai lunged at Sehun. He didn't know where this sudden fury had come from. It was just there, and now, he and Sehun were wrestling on the floor. He drew his fist to punch Sehun on the nose when Sehun spoke, "So you're just going to let him win?" 

Confusion. Then the last puzzle piece slotted into place. And he remembered everything.

With a new mindset he stood up, "No, I can't let that happen." 

But as he walked away the talk of Myungsoo's confession to Jiyeon still tugged at his heart.

~~~~

Myungsoo waited for her answer. 

But it never came. 

As just then, Sunggyu burst through the door with a bright smile on his face, "Dinner's ready!" Something good must have happened. 

Myungsoo swallowed, then with a murderous glare aimed at Sunggyu he stormed out of the room. 

"Did I do something wrong?" Sunggyu asked worriedly. 

Jiyeon let out a sigh before shaking her head, "He was just... asking me something," Inside though she was rejoicing, she hadn't known how to answer and Sunggyu's interruption -apart from making Myungsoo upset and frustrated- had prevented her from answering although she was sure that he would pressure her about it again later after he had got over his embarrassment. 

"Let's go down," Sunggyu said but stopped as a certain brown envelope caught his eyes. He frowned, "How can Myungsoo just leave this lying around? It's all we've been working for." He went and picked it up, turned it around in his hands a couple of times before placing it in the drawer, "Well I guess we don't have to guard it so carefully now." 

Then he strolled down for dinner, whistling happily on his way down. 

Jiyeon glanced back once before following him. 

~~~~

They were all eating around the table. 

Sehun was sitting - stiff and silent - while he ate his dinner slowly, sending glances around the table now and again; monitoring everyone's movements. 

Kai was fidgeting under the table and he looked agitated but he still managed to send a smile to anyone that talked to him. Everyone had grown accustomed to Kai's presence now and they all talked comfortably - all except Sunggyu. 

Sunggyu was still in his joyful mood however Jiyeon noticed that he constantly avoided talking to or making eye contact with Kai, and vice versa. 

Myungsoo had returned late to the dinner table, still brooding and looking at Jiyeon hopefully, wishing she would send him some sort of answer. 

But her heart was still confused about the decision she had to make. At the beginning of all this all she had wanted was to get Eunjung and leave to return to their life on the streets but now she had a spy confessing to her, the spy's enemy dining with them and Eunjung probably forever stuck at the mental age of a child. To put it plainly - nothing was going as she had planned. 

And things were about to get worse. 

Just as the last of the contents on the plates were disappearing Kai stood up. In his hand was an envelope; a brown envelope.

Sunggyu immediately stood up, "What are you doing with that?" he spat, scrabbling for it across the table. He looked absolutely livid. But the fire had to be subdued as Kai pulled out a gun. He would shoot would no hesitation at anyone who dared to move. As the gun hovered over Jiyeon's forehead Myungsoo protectively reached for her hand under the table, getting ready to jump in if he decided to pull the trigger. But Myungsoo didn't need to worry as Kai's focus was on Sunggyu. 

"Brother. Sit down," Kai ordered, the gun aimed at Sunggyu's forehead.

"Brother?" Woohyun exclaimed, "Wait? What's going on?"

Kai smirked, "Yes. He never told you? I'm his brother, well not really. After my mother died my father remarried straight away, to an absolutely disgraceful woman. Nobody said anything of course, he was rich and nobody talks bad about people with money," he paused, "at least not to their face."

Sunggyu had given up protesting in any way. He slumped down, exhaustion crumpling his facial features. 

Kai carried on in glee, noticing the dirty looks from some of the other members of Infinite who had known none of this although they had been so close - working together for so many years- and he had even said that he would never lie to them. 

"I guess he hasn't told you the rest of the story either." 

He paused for dramatic effect and seeing that nobody was interrupting him he continued, "My father was a bastard, no other word for him. He and my mother had a nice marriage - they had money, comfort - and so they decided to have a baby, a boy, me." Kai pointed to himself, "Only two years after I was born my mother got pregnant again but that bastard had decided to play around with other women. My mother found out. They argued for a few months and I could see the growing bulge in my mother's stomach. Eventually my father made my mother move out but refused to let her take me with her. Said I was his son," Kai snorted, "as if. I never got to see the baby, never got told whether the baby was a boy or a girl. It was my father's doing. Then, my mother died. The baby was only three months old. My dad sent the baby to the orphanage." To anyone with eyes, it was apparent that Kai was angry and had a deep hate for his father.

He continued the story, "Then his mother came along. They were perfect for each other. Both of them were having an affair, they had both been married and had divorced with their previous wife/husband. She brought him along," he jerked his head towards Sunggyu who shot him a glare in response, "They hardly ever paid attention to us. I hated him and that was the only thing I actually shared with my stepbrother. So we decided on a plan. We were to ruin our father. But he betrayed me. Sunggyu got greedy - he wanted all that money for himself so he tricked me into going the wrong way and I bumped into a guard. We both ended up getting caught. Our father practically disowned us, kicked us out. I was glad that I didn't have to live with him anymore but I never got my revenge. Therefore I got a spy situated in the government where my father worked and got him to hand me a blueprint to achieve what I should have achieved years ago. But that cheap shot cheated, again. He stole the blueprint along with some crucial information," Kai pointed an accusing finger at Sunggyu, a look of distaste on his face. 

"Do you know why I haven't shot you yet?"  Kai asked. Sunggyu submissively shook his head.

Kai twirled the gun, "Because I decided that I hate you less than I hate my father and even though I usually wouldn't have done this, I think we need to work together." He placed the gun on the table in front of him. 

"So are you in?" 

There was a long silence. Then...

"Okay, I'm in." 


A/N: I know there hasn't been an update for ages but I've been really busy with school and clubs and such that I've hardly had time for aff. So I give you my sincere apologies and a quite lengthy chapter (I promise you it'll get more interesting next chapter with more Myungyeon moments :).

Hopefully the next update will come sooner than this one did but please be patient as I will be busier now since school has started. 

Thank you guys for waiting for me xD

And thank you for that person who reminded me to update since I've had it buried inside my head for a while along with all those other stuff I needed to do. 

Please comment lots as it gives me motivation which means faster chapters for you guys ^^ 

Well until next time :) Bbyong! ^-^

PS: I also have this thing to ask you guys but I'll ask in the next chapter as I'm supposed to be asleep right now.