Trust

Most Wanted

Myungsoo had gone again and Jiyeon was left alone in the bleak room that made her feel trapped and made it seem like she was unable to breath. Jiyeon didn't know what was happening outside which made her feel even more vulnerable. She balled her hands into fists and banged the floor furiously. She hated being locked in there. She hated being alone. 

Despite her banging, nobody bothered to come and see what was wrong. 

She closed her eyes and leaned her head against the pale pink plaster of the wall. Images of a cold, bleak place flashed to mind and slumped on the floor was a helpless and weak girl. Even without seeing her face she knew it was Eunjung. 

"Eunjung... I'll save you, just wait. I'll do whatever I can to save you," Jiyeon whispered even though she had no idea how she would do this. She opened her eyes and sudden bright light blinded her. After blinking a couple of times, her eyes adjusted and Jiyeon saw that someone had opened the door and was standing in front of the doorway. The strong, yellow beams radiating from the outside landing flashed on her face as Sehun moved into the room. His face was serious and grave. 

"They're suspecting you too much. We need to think of something, fast. I have notified Kai and he told me to bring you to him as soon as possible. He's waiting outside just around the corner to the right so go there. Nobody's here right now apart from Woohyun , Sunggyu and Hoya but Sunggyu is working in his office, Hoya's sleeping and Woohyun is in the kitchen. Hurry and go before they notice, I'll sort out things here." 

He pulled Jiyeon up and pushed her lightly towards the door, "Go." 

Jiyeon stumbled though the hallway and down the stairs. Silently but quickly, she traveled out of the door and stopped only to quietly shut the door behind her. When she turned around, she saw that it was late afternoon, the sky had started to turn darker and  the wind blew her hair lightly. Sehun had said right, Jiyeon reminded herself as she set off, however, she found herself pausing at the gate of the building.

Should I just escape now? 

Jiyeon shook her head, no, she couldn't leave Eunjung. They would kill her. 

Jiyeon forced herself to walk down the right path although her feet itched to run the opposite way. She couldn't betray Eunjung, after all, it had been her that had looked after her all these years. 

She spotted a sleek, black car parked there and found herself wondering why all these spy groups thought it compulsory to have a sleek, black car but she didn't ask. Instead, she pulled a disgusted face when she saw the familiar smirking face of Kai. 

He got out and posing like a gentleman, he opened the car door for her before he pushed her in roughly, his smirk widening. 

"Nice to see you again," he drawled. 

Jiyeon clenched her teeth and scowled, "I wish I could say the same for you." 

Scoffing, Kai turned towards the girl, flashing her a menacing smile, "Now, now, watch what you're saying. After all, I am in charge of you. I can decide whether to kill you or not-" 

Jiyeon cut in, "Kill me then." 

Kai looked at Jiyeon with a mixture of annoyance and surprise. Annoyed because she had cut in while he was speaking but surprised at her answer, he hadn't expected that. 

"You do know that I'll kill her too," Kai said uncertainly, the confidence gone from his voice. He eyes flicked to her face to catch her reaction but there was none. 

After a pause, she replied. 

"And you must know that there will also be no way that you will get the documents, I thought we discussed this already." 

Kai scowled, "Whatever. You won't get anything out of being dead." 

Jiyeon just stared out of the window, "Where are you taking me?" 

Kai grinned, obviously happy that he had been asked that question, "Basically, I developed a plan. We will pretend to kidnap you and obviously lover boy, Myungsoo or L or whatever will come save you. You will have a chance then to get your lovey dovey thing going before he finally trusts you enough for you to steal the documents. This way the suspicion on you will disappear. Kapeesh?" 

When the girl didn't seem slightly interested, Kai frowned. 

"Hey! I asked you a question, do you understand what you have to do or not?" 

Jiyeon gritted her teeth, Kai was starting to annoy her, "What if I didn't." 

Kai must have been thinking the same thing as his face turned red in fury, "Stop with your back talk b*tch, or I promise your friend will get it. We won't kill her but we'll beat her so much that she will be as good as dead." 

He wasn't joking. 

The journey carried on and neither of them spoke another word. The silence draped around them like a grey mist of depression and it made Jiyeon agitated. However, knowing that she might see Eunjung again soon, her spirits lifted slightly. Reaching their destination Jiyeon was lead to Exo's HQ, the boys harshly pulling at her arms and smirking. 

"Because I'm nice, I'll let you see your friend for a bit. But I have to warn you, she's not so pretty now," before Jiyeon could get mad, Kai opened the door to a small, dark room. Seeing a weak figure look up with just her eyes, Jiyeon rushed in. 

"Eungjung, are you alright?" Jiyeon cupped Eunjung's face and lifted it up gently to see it in the light. Her sharp cheekbones threatened to pierce her hands and her sunken eyes gazed at her blankly. Eunjung's skin was a ligth, grey tone and it was obvious that she had a lack of nutrition and nourishment. 

Jiyeon worriedly Eunjung's dry, straw like hair which looked like it hadn;t been washed for a long time. Eunjung eyelids fluttered, "Yeonnie?" she rasped before coughing. Jiyeon's eyes swept over to Kai and his men, her eyes venomous, filled with loathing. 

"You haven't been feeding her! Do you even have a heart? I've been doing my mission so you should keep your side of the deal! I swear I will kill you." 

"I wouldn't try if I were you. You would only end up getting hurt," Kai's eyes were empty, empty of any emotion, no regret or remorse for what he had done. 

"She's going to die if you don't feed her!" Jiyeon yelled, flames burning in her eyes. 

Kai laughed, "That's why you have to hurry, tick tock tick tock," he tapped an imaginary watch on his wrists. Jiyeon kneeled at Eunjung's side, fighting with herself on whether she should go punch the smirk off his face or to stay by Eunjung who looked so fragile, like she would break any moment. 

He stepped out of the room and closed it. His face was visible on the small, barred window made for seeing inside the cell like room. 

His eyes flickered with something, Jiyeon couldn't tell what, before he muttered, "I'll bring some food up in a bit." and with that he left, leaving Jiyeon hugging Eunjung's frail body close to her. 

"You'll be okay, I'll get you out soon. Don't worry, I promise I will," Jiyeon soothed, tears streaming down her face. 

~~~

"Where's she gone?" Myungsoo shouted, kicking the grey mattress that Jiyeon had been using for the past few days but was now vacant, as well as the room she had been locked in. 

Sunggyu frowned, "She was locked here, how did she get out?" 

"Maybe-" Sehun started. 

"she escaped?" Woohyun suggested. 

"Maybe-" 

Sehun was cut off again. 

"No, I was here the whole time, I would have caught her... unless someone here was helping her," Sunggyu's eyes flickered suspiciously to the other members. 

"It couldn't have been anyone apart from Woohyun, Hoya and you," Myungsoo replied to Sunggyu, "everyone else was out." 

Sunggyu focused on Hoya, "It's unlikely to have been Woohyun, he was with me for almost the whole day... but Hoya," 

Hoya spread his arms in disbelief, "I promise it wasn't me, I will always be loyal to Infinite." He continued to receive looks of distrust from his peers. 

"What were you doing then?" 

"I was sleeping!" Hoya replied. 

Sunggyu opened his mouth to attack Hoya with questions layered with doubt and suspicion but Sehun grasped this chance to speak. 

"Maybe Exo kidnapped her," 

Everybody stared at him. 

"What?" 

Sehun faked a sigh, "I think I may have seen Exo around the area in the evening, I wasn't sure so I didn't say anything but..." then he widened his eyes and pointed at something on the floor, "Wait, look." 

Myungsoo picked up the piece of paper and his filed with shock, he read the words written on it out loud, "We've got your girl. Hand over the documents and she may be handed back in one piece. Only ONE of you come to meet us at the Han river tonight WITH the documents. If we see anyone else or if nobody comes, she'll drown. Be warned." 

"I'll go," Myungsoo immediately said

Sunggyu's face darkened, "No, leave her. We can't risk losing you just because of her. At least with her gone we won't have to worry about her going to tell the government or spreading any information." 

"Sunggyu. Why are you being like this? Our aim is not to harm innocent people," Myungsoo gave Sunggyu a hard look. 

"What if she's not innocent, what if she's working for Exo? Damn it L, she might be working for our biggest rival, our nemesis," Sunggyu shouted, "Why are you so blinded? Is your loyalty not with us now? Is it with that girl-?" 

"I told you before. I trust her, and I'm not going to risk an innocent person dying because of me," Myungsoo said coldly, his voice low but strong, "even if you would Sunggyu."

Myungsoo strode out of the room and Woohyun looked at Sunggyu, " He's right. I don't want to hurt her if she's innocent. It is because of us she's in this mess anyway." He followed Myungsoo out and Hoya looked uncertaintly at the door before deciding to follow, "Myungsoo wouldn't betray us, you know that. Sunggyu, it looks like your trust in us is fading." 

Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Sunjong stayed where they were but their eyes showed that they agreed with the other three. 

Sunggyu glared at them, "Fine. But if we lose to Exo because of this..." he stormed out. The other members dispersed and soon Sehun was the only one left in the room. 

"Mission complete."

Sehun grinned, it was interesting how he had only had to twist the knobs only slightly for Infinite to break away like this. It seemed like the family like bonds that Exo had thought that Infinite had were not as strong as they had thought. I guess Myugnsoo's love for her is Infinite's downfall, he thought before he too, left the room. 


A/N: I wrote a longer chapter than usual partly because of the fact that I have a camping trip this weekend so I will only be able to update on Monday at the earliest although maybe Il start writing the next chapter tomorrow or the day after and also partly because of the fact that I felt so happy while reading the comments. Thanks to those who commented and said they were enjoying the story, it made me really happy because it's my first time making an action type of story and didn't know if I would be able to pull it off :) 

I have some twists in mind that I might add in the next few chapters so look out for them xD

and comments will be loved, as always ^-^