Family

Most Wanted

The two had come to a mutual agreement and although Jiyeon could see that they both had some degree of hate for each other, they had both decided that they needed to work together... this time. While Sunggyu and Kai talked business matters in the front seat Jiyeon and Myungsoo sat at the second row in the van while the other members had squished into the back and into the storage space. Eunjung had been left at home and Sehun had been left there to look after her - he hadn't looked so pleased about that. 

At first, Myungsoo had also insisted that Jiyeon stayed at home but she had refused, no way ould she let Myungsoo go by himself and get himself hurt, or worse. But maybe she started to regret it a little bit when Myungsoo started hinting about his confession with a bright red tinge in his cheeks. 

"So, you know about before..."  Myungsoo blushed and ran a sweaty hand through his hair. 

Jiyeon smiled a little though - how could this boy even think about a confession when they were about to walk into a government and security infested area where they may get shot or even arrested and kept in a prison the rest of their lives - Jiyeon couldn't decide which one was worse. 

She heard Sungyeol cry, "So is he really your father?" Some of the members were still in denial at all the things that had happened in the past few hours. 

"Yes," Jiyeon replied for Kai and Sunggyu who were in the middle of a heated discussion which might turn into a full blown fist fight if either of them crossed the line even slightly; and she didn't like the look of the gun butts sticking out of their pockets for quick use. 

But Myungsoo realized none of this with his head down, staring shyly at the floor. 

"Yes?" Myungsoo whispered in shock and excitement. 

"What? No, I mean, yes, wait-" 

"Out of the car everyone!" Kai shouted as the car came to a sudden halt. 

Sunggyu scowled, "They're my group so I give the orders. Everyone out!" 

Kai grumbled to himself but apart from that he didn't complain any further. They entered the building without much effort.

Something's fishy, Kai thought and Sunggyu thought the same thing but neither voiced their doubts. They moved silently but quickly through the corridors. All the members knew their way inside and out; they had studied their blueprints of the building enough times to find their way out in the dark if they had to. But something was indeed strange. 

It was quiet. Too quiet. 

And although everybody was alert and jumpy as they flitted through the corridors, they didn't need to be as they met no-one. It seemed as if the whole building was empty. 

Sunggyu finally stopped in front of a large, wooden door. He composed himself and after sharing a look with Kai, he pushed i open. 

A stocky man who was in his late forties or early fifties was sitting stiffly behind a large desk, his elbows resting on the table. He straighted slowly as Infinite along with Kai, Jiyeon and Sehun entered. 

"Ah, I've been waiting for you," The man's voice was deep and gruff and void of all warmth. He fixed Kai with a cold stare, "Although I was hoping that you would decide not to come, however, I guess I must show you some hospitality now that you have arrived. Please, sit." 

He gestured to two armchairs facing himself. Kai and Sunggyu took those seats and the rest just stood where there was space against the cream coloured walls. 

Kai's father's eyes glanced around the room, lingering just slightly longer on Jiyeon before resting again on his two sons. 

There was a moment of silence, then, "I know why you're here." 

Kai and Sunggyu replied with stony glances. 

"But I've got a surprise for you."

He gestured to a chair by the side and the bodyguard that had been standing completely still next to him moved it in front of the desk. The bodyguard left the room, apparantly catching a look that seemed nonexisitant to Jiyeon. 

"Sit down." 

"What? Me?" Jiyeon pointed to herself. 

The man nodded looking impatient. 

"Now, I never expected us to be sitting all together like this again," he chuckled but the laugh was not genuine but rather just a hard, crackly sound that vibrated off the walls. 

"You know me?" asked Jiyeon. 

"Of course," the man replied, "I've been keeping track of your progress all these years. I was quite surprised when you left the orphanage and actually managed to stay alive on the streets. It must have been that street theif's help," he commented with disgust. 

Jiyeon was about to protest but Kai beat her to it. 

"She's not a street theif!" Kai hadn't been particularly close with Eunjung but he must just have not liked the fact that his 'father' had insulted someone he knew,. His eyes flashed dangerously as his finger iched for his gun. But his father's words were still ringing in his ears. 

I've been keeping track of your progress all these years... when you left the Orphanage.

No, it couldn't be. 

Kai's father must have read his mind because he smiled mockingly before announcing,

"Kai, Sunggyu, meet your younger sister, Jiyeon."