Chapter 9: Just A Dream

It's Love - A Story of Sunny And Taeyeon

Sunny's POV

Yaaawn. I covered my mouth while I sleepily dragged myself to the bathroom. It was pitch black but my eyes have semi-adjusted to it, so I can vaguely make out where I’m going. It’s about 1am and everyone is in bed getting their precious sleep. I managed to find my way to the bathroom, I slid my hand down the side of the wall to hit the light switch. The bright bluish white lights blinded me instantly and I squinted my eyes hard to eliminate most of the brightness. I rubbed my eyes but my eyes were too tired and used to the dark that I decided to switch the light off and just use the toilet in the dark. I’m a sitter anyway, so it’s not like I have to ‘aim’.

When I’m done, I flushed, quickly washed my hands and opened the door. There standing right in front of the door was a dark figure of someone. It scared every bit off me that I let out a high pitched scream but only managed to let out a short screech. The figure quickly placed its hand over my mouth and pushed me backwards.

Click. The lights and the figure turned out to be Yoona. Her face was dull and lifeless, she just stood there covering my mouth. “Sunny-ah, why must you scream like that? Do you really think that you’re the only one in the dorm?” I tried to reply but my voice was muffled through her hand. She let go and shooed me out of the bathroom as she closed the door behind me. If I wasn’t awake before, which I wasn’t, then I am now. My life has been reduced by 10 years thanks to Yoona and her inconvenient timing.

I quietly tip-toed back into my room where the kid leader was peacefully sound asleep. The moon beam has shown through the curtains and softly hits Taeyeon-ah’s angelic face. She looks really beautiful when she sleeps. I envy her natural face, no make-up, all clean and flawless. I tried my best to quietly crawl into bed and under the bed sheets but as I was about to cover myself, she spoke.

“Did I hear a screech coming from outside?” she mumbled.

“Aniyo… ne… sorry, it was me.”

“Did you see a ghost?”

“I thought I did, turns out to be Yoona.”

“Hmph, Sunny-ah,” she called out to me quietly, still in her sleeping position.

“Ne?”

She paused. “Do me a favour and sing to me.”

“Arraso. Any request?”

“Nu,” she tiredly huffed. “I just want to hear your sweet voice to help me go back to sleep.”

I grinned at her from both the compliment and accidentally waking her up, “did my screech wake you up too much? Again, sorry.”

I laid comfortably next to Taeyeon in a sort of spooning position, I placed my hand softly on her arm and rubbed it gently as  I started to sing a Korean lullaby that my mum taught me. I sang softly but my voice carried smoothly into Taengoo’s ears. She breathed in and out deeply as I sang once more to make sure she’s asleep.

Just as I finished the lullaby, Taeyeon grabbed my hand and pulled it over her waist and onto her warm stomach.

“Your hands are so warm Sunny bunny.”

I laid there speechless, this was the first time that I’ve touched Taeyeon in this way. The whole time we slept with each other, we’ve only gotten as far as ‘accidentally’ hugging each other. This time, we were awake and well aware of what I’m doing. My pale cheeks turned red from the skinship we were having. I don’t know what to do my hands, it just rests there on her stomach. Should I rub it? Should I pull away? I don’t know what to do.

“Sunny bunny, why aren’t you moving? You’re frozen stiff,” Taeyeon whispered to me playfully as she places her hand over my hand and slowly moves it around. “Don’t be shy.”

She’s unable to look at my facial expression but as smart as she is, she can definitely tell what I’m feeling. “Uh… umm…” I really didn’t know what to say.

“Since you have nothing to say, let’s try to get some sleep. Ne?” The kid leader suggested.

“Ne, goodnight unnie.” I said with a sigh.

“Goodnight bunnie.”

*****

It’s been barely an hour since we fell asleep that I woke up again. I was still in the fixed spooning position with Taeyeon who was lying there quietly, not even the sound of her breathing was audible.

“Taeyeon,” I said in my quietest voice. “are you alive?” I got up on my knees and leaned over her. It was silent, seemed like she was sleeping silently but then she suddenly rolled over towards me and pushed me over. She got on all fours and crawled towards me slowly, it bright enough to see what was going on but dark enough to make her face unseeable. “Taeyeon? Are you sleep… crawling?”

She got closer and closer, my heart was pounding, I didn’t exactly know what she wanted from me. Is she going to scold me? Is she going to scare me? Is she just sleeping? Does she feel… a little… .

I backed myself against the wall, I didn’t know why I backed away, I guess because she woke up all of a sudden and shocked me. At this point, she was crawling low with her raised up high. Her face was beside my lower leg and she moved her head around investigating every inch of me, then she lunged at my face, stopping only a nose length away from head butting. I stared straight into her eyes, I see my reflection, but nothing else, there wasn’t any sign of ‘life’ that I can see. Is Taeyeon really awake? She would’ve responded to me by now. She leaned close to me, now placing the bridge of her nose against mine and rapidly blinking. This was a really weird feeling, I’m pretty sure Taeyeon’s giving me a butterfly kiss.* She stops and looks down and slowly slides her way down my body and towards my legs. She examines the string that was hanging out freely from my pants and all of a sudden, she grabbed it by her teeth and started tugging on it. My pants were slipping off, it was half way off my thighs and were exposing things that should be left to myself. ( *Butterfly kiss is when someone flutters their eyelash onto someone else to create a ticklish sensation )

“GHAAA!” I yelled, my body instincts accidentally made me kick her in the stomach. I don’t know what she was thinking, I felt like I was being violated. Even for someone like Taeyeon, that’s going too far for the relationship stage we’re up to.

I tucked in my knees and hugged them as I watch her grab hold of her stomach with her face in the blankets. It really seems like she was in pain. I was frozen, I can’t believe I just kicked her, it took me a few seconds to understand what’s happening.

“Ta-Tae-Taeyeon? Are you okay?” I made my way over to her repeating her name, “Taeyeon, Taetae?”

“Ahhhhhhh! Owwww, what the- what just- arrgghh! My stomach hurts so much,” she looked up at me with her innocent face, she definitely had no idea what just happened. Which means she was in fact sleep ‘walking’. “H-how did I get into this position?” Her puppy face was lost and cringing with pain, I couldn’t just watch her while she’s in this situation.

I aided Taeyeon on her back, “Shhhh, you’re sleeping,” I said as a way of getting out of explaining things to her, “this is just a dream, Taeyeon-ah.”

“N-no, arhh, I’m pretty sure I’m awake Sunny-ah.” Taeyeon said still holding onto her stomach.

“Shhhh, you’ll be fine Taeyeon-ah, just lay here, close your eyes and it’ll be morning before you know it.” I calmly whispered to her as I cover her in the blanket. I shuffled myself around to get comfortable and too joined her under the covers. “Taeyeon, don’t think, just do what I tell you.”

“Sunny, why does my stomach hurt so mu-“

“Shhhhh,” I pushed my finger against , “let me do the talking.” I faced her with closed eyes, hoping she would have them closed too.

“Taeyeon, give me your hand,” I whispered in her ear, I didn’t wait, I just took her hand from on top of her stomach and held against my chest with one hand. With the other hand, I ever so gently started rubbing her stomach in a circular motion.

“Now, just relax, you’ll soon wake up feeling one hundred percent. Breathe in and out with me.” I breathed in deeply, she breathed in deeply, I breathed out, she did the same. We did that a couple of types before I gave her an extra instruction, “now, I want you to count the number of times my heart beats. Whenever you count the tenth beat, say ‘kiss me’.”

She counted quietly in her head, at the same time, I was counting along.

“Kiss me,” she whispered. I leaned in closer and gently pecked her on the cheek.

“Kiss me,” she whispered again, I gave her another peck on the cheek.

“Kiss me,” she said softer than before, I pecked her on the cheek.

Every kiss I give, my heart beats faster, after a minute, I was giving her a kiss every four seconds. I started to breathe in shorter breaths to keep up with the kissing.

At the tenth kiss, I went in for it but all of sudden, Taeyeon surprised me again by turning her head towards me. My lips landed straight on her lips, I gasped in shock of her sudden action but she then moved in towards me, having our lips lock together this time. It’s as if she’s sleeping again, but I have this feeling that she is well aware of what she’s doing. My heartbeat was beating so fast that she decided to give me one long kiss on the lips. Taeyeon was a gentle kisser, giving me gentle pecks on the lips and rubbing her upper lip against my lower lip in small movements. It was so sweet and felt so nice, I couldn’t believe this was happening. I was helpless, my body couldn’t move, I didn’t want to move away from her. Right now, I give myself to you Taeyeon.

To me, it felt like forever that we were at it, I didn’t mind, I could go on all night. Taeyeon separated our kiss and left me wanting more. Taeyeon gave me one last kiss on the hand that I was caressing her tummy with. She then slowly turned around to face away from me, I just could not believe we did that, my lips were twitching from the after effect, I wanted more. I stared into ceiling with the biggest smile on my face,.

“Sunny-ah,” she softly called out, “my stomach still hurts.” I bit my bottom lip and shuffled my way to snuggle her to sleep. “By the way, that kiss was just a thank you for giving me tummy rubs and all the kisses you gave.”

“Shhhh, get some rest, Taengoo, and remember, it was all just a dream.” I still don’t know why I’m playing the ‘it’s just a dream’ game with her. Oh well, “goodnight, jelly.”

“Goodnight ice-cream, this has been the best dream I’ve had in a long time.”

Taeyeon’s statement was confusing, did she still really think she was in a dream? Aigoo, now that I think about it… am I the one who is dreaming?

*****

The warmth of the sun hits my face, waking me up. I forced my eyes open slowly and right In front of me, was the back of Taeyeon’s head. I wriggled my fingers to locate where my hand is, it is of course, on the other side of Taeyeon.

“Good morning Sunny-ah,” Taeyeon greeted me cheerfully.

“Heh? You’re awake already?”

“Ne, I woke up early, I didn’t want to wake you up by getting out of bed.”

I unwrapped my arm from Taeyeon and rolled over onto my original side of the bed. “Aigoo, last night was unbelievable.”

“Really?” Taeyeon rolled onto her back and turned her head towards me.

I turned my head towards her and gave a cheeky nod, biting my bottom lip.

“What happened? Must’ve been a dream Sunny-ah.”

Hmmm, was it a dream? Maybe I did dream it all… but it seemed so real at the time…

“I know I had the best dream last night,” she said in her byuntaeng tone. I looked at her, she looked at me, I didn’t know what’s going on anymore. Was it a dream or not? And if it was, was I in her dream or was she in my dream?

“Sunny-ah.”

“Ne, unnie?”

“When I count to ten, say kiss me.” My heart skipped a beat. So it wasn’t a dream, everything that happened last night did happen, either that or this is the most weirdest coincidence, nah, it can’t be.

“5… 6… 7… 8…”

“Kiss me already, you byuntaeng.” I lunged at her carefully landing a gentle kiss on her soft lips. I closed my eyes and just let the magic happen. I don’t know about you, Taeyeon-ah, but whatever happened last night is going to change my life forever. You know it happened, I know it happened, there’s no hiding it from between us two. I can now say that I was lucky to have my ‘dreams’ come true.