Chapter 5: Nightmare

It's Love - A Story of Sunny And Taeyeon

Sunny's POV

“C’mon girls, we have to move now!” Manager-oppa instructed us to move quickly through the airport. The girls all jogged to catch the last flight of the day, I quickly glanced back to see Taeyeon right on my tail, she smiled at me showing her clean, white teeth.

“Hurry up Taeyeon-ah!”

“Don’t worry about me, just keep going.”

“This is your fault manager-oppa! We never have to rush like this to catch our flight.” Jessica scolded the manager, but he didn’t take it personally, he took it as a joke.

“Naw, don’t say such things Jessica, think of this as last minute exercise.”

Sooyoung slapped Jessica on the shoulder, “Don’t be so rude to manager-oppa, he’s doing the best he can,”

We were almost there, Hyoyeon started skipping merrily out in front of the group. She really is a show off. We all boarded the plane one by one, I stuck out my hand behind me and grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist, I pulled her aboard and lead the way towards our seats. I stood there in between the isles  and looked at the vacant seats. There was a seat available at the front of the window isle next to Tiffany and there was a seat vacant 2 rows behind that one, next to Yoona. I didn’t know what to do, I wanted to sit next to Taeyeon but I don’t think that’s possible.

Tiffany popped her head up and looked in our direction, “Taeyeon-ah, sit next to me, I want to talk to you.” I looked at Taeyeon, my expression slightly disappointed, she looked at me and gave me a little grin. She gently messaged my hand with her smooth fingers and pulled away slowly, walking towards the seat next to Tiffany. I guess it’s only fair that she gets to sit with other people other than me, but that doesn’t stop me from being jealous.

I sat next to Yoona and greeted her brightly, “hey, you don’t mind if I sit here do you?”

Yoona grinned “Oh course not, Sunny-ah. I’m glad you’re sitting here, gives us a chance to catch up.”

“Oh come on, it’s not like I’ve been gone for a week. I’m always there with you and the girls.”

“Yeah, I know, but now it’s us two. We haven’t deeply talked in a while so, I’m glad we can do it here, unless you don’t feel like talking to me.”

I pushed Yoona’s head playfully, “Don’t say that, I’d love to talk, but let’s make it so that we sleep by midnight, Korean time.”

Yoona pushed my head the same way I did to her, “Call, we have a busy day when we land so it’s a good idea to rest up.”

“Agreed.” I got myself comfortable in the chair and just relaxed there waiting for the plane to take off.

*****

We have lifted off the ground and we’re now in the air, Yoona and I were entertaining ourselves by taking selcas on her phone and editing them. Yoona is such a wonderful friend to have, I’m really glad she’s there to cheer me up, she almost made me forget about Taeyeon. Which reminds me, what is she doing? How is she doing? Is she sleeping? I leaned out of my chair to try and get view of Taeyeon at the front. She was just sitting there, I couldn’t tell if she was talking or sleeping or doing who knows what. Yoona probably didn’t notice me lean out of my chair because she was too engaged in the selca editing.

It was about half an hour before midnight and I almost fell asleep before Yoona tapped me on the shoulder. “Sunny-ah, it’s not midnight yet, I still want to talk.”

“Sure, what do you want to talk about? Let’s talk about your acting career.”

“Well, actually I wanted to talk to you about something in particular,” she leaned in towards my ear and whispered, “I want to talk about Sunyeon.”

My attention has suddenly focused onto Yoona’s words. “Sunyeon? What about Taeyeon and I?” I swear, I could almost feel sweat starting to form around my forehead. I was nervous and a bit uncomfortable as soon as she brought that up.

“That’s what I want to know, what is with you and Taeyeon? You two are always together, I know you two are roommates and such but you two acts too close.” She whispered to me in a suspicious tone.

“We’re just best friends, that’s all, please don’t take it the wrong way.” What I’m telling her is half true, we are just friends, but I see Taeyeon-ah as so much more, am I really that obvious with my affection towards her?

“Well, it’s not just me that’s been noticing you two being overly lovey-dovey…”

“Lovey-dovey?” I interrupted her, “where does lovey-dovey come into this?”

Yoona sat there thinking of how she is going to explain it to me. “Some of the other members sense that there is something more than ‘just best friends’ going on between you two.”

My mouth dropped, have I been caught out? No, I can always deny whatever she says. “I’m sorry, Yoona for making you think that. Taeyeon and I are just best friends, nothing more, nothing less.” I turned my head to face the seat in front of me to avoid eye contact, she suspiciously looked at me and looked out the window.

“I don’t believe you, Lee Soonkyu, you’re not telling the truth are you?” She placed her hand on my hand but I instinctively pulled away. Did I go too far by rejecting her hand? I don’t want that we’re not close friends anymore. I slowly grabbed her hand and looked her straight in the eyes.

“Taeyeon and I are really close because I like her company, not that I don’t like the company of SNSD but I find her special to be around. She makes me feel special.” I gave her a little smile as I slumped back into the chair still holding her hand and closed my eyes. “Goodnight,” I whispered to her, I left her with a mixed answer, I kind of confessed my feelings about Taeyeon to her but at the same time, I didn’t. Will she take my answer the wrong way? I hope not, otherwise I don’t know what I’m going to do.

*****

I opened my eyes and turned towards Yoona, she was gone. I looked around and everyone was gone, did I oversleep? Did they just leave me like this? I got up off my seat and headed to the front of the isle, I looked past all the rows to see that they were all empty. No, they couldn’t have left me, we’re still in the air. I was alone on this plane, I’m starting to freak out and panic. “Taeyeon!” The first person I called out, the only person I wanted to find. “Taeyeon! Where are you!” I paced up and down the isles trying to think of what to do. I wanted to break out in tears but I couldn’t, this is scaring me, otteoke. “Taeyeon! Where are you! I need you!”

I marched straight for the pilot’s cockpit, and barged in. “Where are the other members?” I yelled to the person flying the plane. The pilot didn’t respond, so I angrily walked up beside the person and saw that it was Taeyeon. “Tae-Taeyeon? Wha-what are you doing here?” She didn’t look at me, she just sat there still looking ahead, not moving a single muscle. “Please…” I reached out for her shoulder but then she fell unconscious, her body flopped over the side of the chair. It gave me such a shock that I fell over into a corner squeezed my eyes shut. What is happening?

The plane started to tilt forward. Oh no, the plane is going down! There’s no co-pilot and Taeyeon is… is… I don’t even know! She’s not even supposed to be flying a plane, otteoke! Beeping came from the control panel, I didn’t know what to do, I’m helpless. This plane is going to crash any second, the steepness of the plane’s angle threw me forward and into the side of the control panel. I was knocked out from the impact of my head. I’m really going to die tonight, I’m going to die left wondering what happened. What happened to my friends? What happened to Taeyeon? The last thing I’m going to hear is the beeping noise of the plane. I felt my heartbeat accelerate so quickly, I thought it was going to explode before the plane crashes. The plane started to shake violently, my head swung from side to side hitting the side of the control panel.

“Sunny!” I can hear someone call out for me ever so faintly. “Sunny!” The voice was very soft but loud at the same time. “Sunny!” The voice became louder every time it called out to me, am I going to heaven? Is that the voice of an angel?” “Sunny! Wake up!”

All of a sudden, my eyes shot open and I gasped for air. I was really sweaty and tired, I saw Yoona beside me holding my hand with a worried look on her face, “Sunny-ah are you alright? You must’ve had a nightmare, I heard you call out for help a lot.” I breathed heavily in my seat, tears started seeping down the corner of my eyes.

“It must’ve been a terrible dream, Sunny-ah” I looked over to my left and saw a figure kneeling down next to my chair. “Don’t worry, Sunny bunny, I’m here for you.” It was of course Taeyeon. She held my left hand with both of her hands, even though my palms were sweaty, she held them tightly and kissed them.

Yoona stood up and squeezed pass me, “I’m going to swap seats with Taeyeon for the rest of the flight, I’ll tell Tiffany what happened. Please get better Sunny-ah, may all your nightmares be gone.” Yoona winked at Taeyeon and tiptoed to the front.

I still had an uncomfortable feeling that passed on from my dream. My heartbeat is still pumping fast and I felt really hot. Taeyeon stood up and sat in the seat Yoona sat in, she didn’t say much but she watched me and cleaned the sweat off me with a small hand towel. She wiped my face and messaged my cheeks, she moved her face closer to mine and breathed into my ear. I was frozen to my chair, half because of the nightmare and half because of Taeyeon’s presence. “Shhh, Sunny, calm down now, I won’t let anything hurt you. I’m here now. I promise to watch over you for the rest of the night.”

My breathing and heartbeat immediately slowed down, I looked into her in the eyes, “Unnie, I miss you.”

She let go of my hand and wrapped her arms around my shoulders, “I heard you call my name, you were looking for me and you were crying for help. Don’t worry Sunny, I’ll always be right by your side.” She gave me a long kiss on the cheek and whispered in my ear once more. “I love you.”

She really just confessed to me didn’t she? My heartbeat and breathing increased again as I turned my head towards hers, our noses were basically touching. I can hear her breathing increase as well, I feel her breath on my face, it was comforting to know that I’m in her arms. I closed my eyes and moved in closer, this is the moment our lips made touched. I felt her hesitation when I heard her let out a gasp, but she moved back in. My upper lip is rubbing against her bottom lip, this only happened for two seconds before she pulled away.

Taeyeon released me from her hug and held my hand instead, “Sunny,” she said quietly, “don’t do this. It’s not right, you know it’s wrong and I know it’s wrong. I’m sorry for letting this happen. Go to sleep please, I’ll be here if you need me.”

I felt really embarrassed and sorry for what I did to Taeyeon. I don’t think I’m able to look at her for the rest of the flight, I loosened my grip from her hand and closed my eyes. “I’m sorry Taeyeon.”

*****

For the remainder of the night, I had no nightmares. It was all because of Taeyeon. I woke up from the bright light emitting from the window. I rubbed my eyes and turned to Taeyeon, there she is looking right at me with a big smile on her face. She looks like an ahjumma, I burst out laughing from the sight. “Taengoo, don’t smile at me like that as soon as I wake up.” I’ve noticed that she is still holding onto my hand, “Taeyeon-ah, did you even sleep after I fell asleep?”

She shook her head proudly, “I promised to watch over you Sunny-ah, I don’t break my promises.”

I slapped her on the leg, “you didn’t sleep? Taeyeon-ah, you didn’t have to literally watch over me for the rest of the night. You need your rest as well.” Taeyeon poked me right on the nose again, I scrunched my face and slapped her again. “I’m serious, I didn’t want to be responsible for your lack of sleep.”

“Sunny-ah, don’t worry about it, it was like 5:30 when you woke up. I only had to watch you till you wake up. I had enough sleep before hand.” She looked down at our hands, she started messaging the side of my hand with her thumb as a sign of comfort. “I’ve never let go, if anything happened to you, I’ll never let go.”

I blushed uncontrollably, I thought of playfully pulling my hand away to see her reaction but I didn’t want to ruin the moment. “I’m really happy that you’re here Taeyeon.” Just then I remembered something, “Taeyeon, what did you talk about with Tiffany?”

She looked at me with a blank face, “are you jealous? We just talked about personal stuff, just catching up. We’re really close you know Sunny, it’s just that we haven’t talked in a while.”

Her saying things like that to me made me so jealous, I successfully pulled my hand away from her grip. Taeyeon suddenly lunged right towards me and wrapped her arms around my arm. “I’m sorry if it made you jealous, Sunny bunny, but please remember that you’ll always be the Batman to my Robin.”

I died, I couldn’t stop laughing, “Taengoo, that is the most dorkiest thing you’ve ever said.”

She rubbed her cheek against my arm and just smiled. We were back to being the lovey-dovey Dandyu couple We act like we’ve forgotten about the incident last night but I know how she feels about me and she knows how I feel about her. From now on, we’re taking it slowly for the sake of everyone.

 

 

 

A/N: sorry if this is less fluffy, idk if I've gone to far :/