Chapter 7: Sleepyhead

It's Love - A Story of Sunny And Taeyeon

Sunny's POV

SNSD has just arrived back to the hotel after doing our concert performance. I dragged myself towards my bed but gave up, I dropped onto the carpeted floor and laid there face down, exhausted. “Aigoo, I’m so tired, who knew the floor would feel so good. What’s the time?”

“About 11pm,” Taeyeon sighed, “we’ll have to get up at 3am to catch our flight back to Korea at 4.” She slumped half her body onto her bed but bounced off and landed right next to me.

“Aigoo! Unnie, are you alright?” Seohyun exclaimed.

“Ne, ne, I’m alright. Just really, really…” She yawned before she could finish the sentence.

“Taengoo! Don’t yawn in my face!” I murmured to her, I was absolutely exhausted and to be honest, the warmth of her yawn in my face makes me feel so much closer to her. Aigoo, who am I kidding. “Kim Taeyeon!” I playfully yelled at her, “brush your teeth, your breath smells of banana.” I use all the energy I had left to push myself off the ground.

“C’mon, Unnie! Why are you the ones on the floor while I’m here washing up.” Seohyun called us into the bathroom to wash our make-up off and prepare for bed. “You two can sleep as soon as you’re clean, I’ll even let you sleep in the same bed again.”

“Seohyun-ah, I told you, we fell asleep while talking to each other. It wasn’t planned like that.” Taeyeon quickly explained.

“Ne, as soon as we fell asleep, our bodies took over our minds and we just happened to be, you know.” I further explained backing her up. Seohyun caught us in the morning cuddling each other. She scolded us for being too close with each other afterwards.

“Don’t let me catch you sleeping in the same bed again, do that when we get back to Korea, when I’m not in the room.” She dried her face with a towel and exited the bathroom.

Taeyeon and I looked at each other, she nodded at me and I nodded back. I cupped my hands to catch the running water and splashed it on my face. “Oh man, that feels good.” I stood up straight and suddenly, I was hit in the face with a towel. “Ah, what the…”

“Hold still.” Taeyeon grabbed the towel and gently patted my face with it, she then squeezed some lotion onto her hands and applied it to my face. “Don’t worry, my hands are clean.” She massaged my face and squeezed my cheeks together.

“Unnie, let go, of, my face.” She slowly shook my head left and right. I closed my eyes and puckered my lips like a fish.

Taeyeon sniggered at my funny face, “Sunny-ah, you look like an ajumma.” She lets go of my cheeks and quickly poked my nose, instinctively making me scrunch up my face, “hehe, a cute ajumma.” She skipped out of the bathroom but then slumped onto her bed again. “I forgot, I’m supposed to be tired.” I have that aegyo effect on her that just makes her energy level skyrocket, oh why was I cursed with this aegyo.

*****

I slept like a baby, this time with Taeyeon in her own bed and me in mine. We agreed to listen to Seohyun last night and to not sleep with each other. Anyway, I was enjoying my sleep, until someone woke me up. I couldn’t tell if it was Taeyeon or Seohyun but at that moment, I didn’t really care. I closed my eyes for a few more seconds and next thing I know, I have Taeyeon literally pulling me out of bed.

“Sunny-ah! It’s 3:05,” Taeyeon said as she grabbed my ankle and pulled it out from under the blankets. “we have 25 minutes to get packed and ready to head out to the car.” Taeyeon pulled the bottom half of my body off the side of the bed. “Sunny!” She screamed, I sharp jolt hits my backside. She just slapped me, hard, that definitely woke me up.

“Aigoo! Byuntae! I’m awake, I’m awa-aa-ake,” I yawned. I pulled myself onto my feet and slowly packed my bag and changed my clothes.

Later, we heard a knock from the door. “Come in!” I called out. A man opened just enough to poke his head through, it was manager-oppa.

“Girls, meet me downstairs in 5 minutes, see you then,” and with that, he left us to tell the other members. All three of us were basically ready to go, so we got our stuff and headed downstairs. I was still half asleep, I walked down the hallway with my head down and stiff, drooping arms. Taeyeon walked up beside me and made groaning sounds, I looked over and saw her walk with her arms out in front of her.

“Mrrrr, I’m a zombie!” She playfully imitates me walking towards Seohyun who was also playing along. “Brains, mrrr.”

I broke out a smile and started to moan with her, then I heard more from behind us, it was Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Tiffany. We were recruiting more So Nyu Shi Dae zombies into the hoard. Laughter spreads through the group as we continue to make our way down to the hotel lobby. If a zombie outbreak happened and we all became zombies, instead of doing ‘Thriller’ we would do ‘Run Devil Run’.

The group gathered at the Lobby and we had split up into two groups for two cars. The girls moved, moaned and groaned like zombies as we made our way to the cars. Manager-oppa looked at all of us and just wondered what in the world is going on. “It’s so early in the morning, please forgive our randomness manager-oppa.” I whispered to him as I walked pass.

*****

I took my chance and slept on the way to the airport, I clearly remember leaning against the window when I fell asleep but when I woke up, I was leaning against Taeyeon-ah. I was awake but I didn’t open my eyes, I enjoyed leaning on Taengoo, her body was warm against mine.

It wasn’t long before the car stopped at the airport, Taeyeon shook my leg and I opened my eyes, almost immediately.

“Wow, you woke up quickly, your eyes shot open all of a sudden and kind of scared me.”

“That’s because I wasn’t really sleeping, Taeyeon-ah,” I whispere, giving her a wink.

“Okay girls,  you know the drill, move quickly and stay together,” manager-oppa told us and lead us into the airport filled with a crowd of people. We entered one by one and briskly followed manager-oppa towards the desk. All of the girls checked in and lastly, manager-oppa, he was arguing with the lady about something but I wasn’t paying attention.

He let out a big sigh and instructed everyone to listen, “Apparently, our flight has been moved to an hour later. It looks like we have to wait around near the terminal.”

“Hul! Seriously? The place is packed with a lot of people who recognise us,” complained the tired Sica.

“Can’t we wait in the car?” Tiffany suggested.

“Sorry girls, the cars left and I can’t do anything about the flight. C’mon, I’ll deal with the people when we get to the waiting dock.”

Taeyeon grabbed my arm with both hands and leaned her head on my shoulder. “Aigoo, this is annoying,” she let out a big yawn, too tired to even care about covering .

“I know, it’s alright Taeyeon, I’ll let you rest on me,” I told her, “It’s the least I can do for a sleepyhead, what good is the leader if she is yawning all the time.” I nudged her and pulled her along with me. At that very moment she gave another big yawn and again didn’t even cover . “Aigoo! Taeyeon-ah, at least cover your mouth, you’re in public.”

I dragged her as I followed the group towards the waiting dock, where we planted all our butts on and sat there impatiently. People started to gather at the waiting dock, trying to get pictures and videos of us, just then, a few security guards appeared to control the crowd from getting too close and making too much noise. They slowly pushed the crowd towards the other side of the waiting dock, where you can barely notice them.

Taeyeon and I sat down next to the window and I didn’t even tell Taeyeon that she can lean on me before she has already done it. She really must be tired, we don’t have a lot of chances to sleep so it really is a time that we like to cherish. I leaned my head against her head and just sat there keeping her company. Don’t worry Taeyeon-ah, we’ll be on the plane before you know it.

*****

I was awoken by giggles and chattering around me, I rubbed my eyes and opened them to see the other girls crowding around Taeyeon and I. I can still feel her head resting on my shoulders, so I tried to keep as still as I could so that I wouldn’t wake her up. “What’s the matter?” I asked them confused.

“Oh nothing, just admiring how you two make such a cute couple.” Sooyoung answered with a grin on her face.

I just woke up so I wasn’t comprehending what she said fast enough, “huh what? Who?”

“You and Taeyeon, you guys looked like you were really comforting each other, and in such a public place. Have you no shame Lee Soonkyu?”

“Wha-? I was just sleeping and I… why are you all crowding around so close for? It’s a bit weird and rude to be watching someone from really close while they sleep.” I told them sternly, I felt grumpy, who wouldn’t if you woke up with people watching you and breathing inside your personal bubble.

Hyoyeon pulled out her phone and aimed it at my direction. I wasn’t in the mood to get my picture taken, not right after I woke up this way. I pushed my hand against her camera and shoved it away, not caring if it slips out of Hyoeon’s hands. “Seriously, leave me alone, I’m not in the mood.”

Just then, Taeyeon lifted her head and stretched out her arms. “What’s going on? Why is everyone crowding around us?”

“We were just gathering around you two.” Sooyoung replied.

“It’s because you two looked really cute sleeping together.” Hyoyeon added on. She pulled out pictures she took on her phone of us leaning on each other sleeping.

“Yah! Why did you do that!” The leader suddenly stood up from her seat and told everyone off. “You have no right to take pictures of us in that state, Hyoyoen, you know better.” She hit her and the other girls on the crowns of their heads numerous times, scolding them. The girls all backed off and ignored her, sometimes, we all need our space and that’s when they give it to us.

“Sunny-ah, are you alright?” she said, turning back to her sweet gentle voice.

“I’m fine, just a little ticked off by them. You didn’t have to scold them like that Taeyeon-ah.”

“I had to protect you,” she said heroically, “nobody treats my Sunny like that.” She turns her head to me and just like in cartoons, I saw in the corner of her eye, a sparkle. Once again, Taeyeon being the dorky heroin of the story, keeping me safe from the no-good doers and being there for me. I love her so much, hopefully one day, I can officially tell her how I feel. But for now, we’ll be each other’s shoulder to lean on. Taeyeon-ah jjang!