Chapter 4: Crepes and Couple Clothing

It's Love - A Story of Sunny And Taeyeon

Taeyeon's POV

“Taeyeon-ah, I can’t help but look at my closet and frown at it.”

“What’s wrong with it? You have lots of pretty dresses and trendy gear, Sunny.” I got out of bed and stood behind her placing my hands on her shoulders. “You can always borrow any of my clothes you know?”

“I want something new, I want,” she paused, she glanced at me and walked towards the closet, one of her dress. “Taengoo, let’s go shopping today, before we leave for the conference.”

“Sounds fun! Why not.” I was really excited to go shopping just the two of us, but I didn’t want to sound like I’m taking advantage of her so I asked, “Should I invite some other girls?” Sunny spun around and tried to look at me but her eyes drifted to the side. I knew then that she just wanted it to be us, “I mean, I really want just us to go, that way we can pick out things we can both wear and share, since our size is identical.” Her face lit up.

“That was totally what I was thinking too, Taeyeon-ah!” She smiled brightly, showing her white teeth.

“Well we should go get ready so we can go out and grab some lunch before shopping.”

“Ne, I’ll inform the girls where we’re going.” Sunny left the room and I started to pick out something to wear for today.

Hmm, should I wear something trendy? Maybe skinny jeans? Which jacket should I wear? I took off my top leaving me with a bra on when suddenly Sunny came back in the room. It’s usually normal for girls to see each other topless and I was fine with Sunny being in the same room as me while I change, but then she just stood there admiring me. I saw her in the corner of my eye, just standing there, watching me.

“Byuntaeng, your figure is so nice.” She then walks over to me and puts her hands on my waist and moves it around as if I was a clay model and she was sculpting me. Sunny! What are you doing, what if someone barges in here and sees us! This is too much skinship, even for best friends like us. I couldn’t say anything, I stood there awkwardly while she caresses my waist, I really like you Sunny-ah but what’s with the sudden leap? You’re scaring me.

“Byuntaeng, what’s with the face? I’m only playing with you, I’m just deciding what to wear out too.” She patted me on the head and picked out a cute top and a pair of mini-jeans. “Hurry up Taeyeon-ah, no need to spend all day deciding what to wear.” I was still frozen from the touching that Sunny gave me, I couldn’t believe it, I felt so weak, I was being controlled. It was a weird experience but tell me again, why was I the one who was called byuntae?

*****

Before going into the mall, we decided to grab some crepes. I love crepes, it’s one of my favourite snacks but I only have it very rarely, which makes the taste and the experience of eating it with someone else that much more special. “One blueberry and one banana split please.” I Gave the crepe lady a kind smile as I handed her the money carefully.

“Thank you for paying, Taengoo.”

“You’re very welcome, Sunny bunny. This is my favourite treat and I wanted to treat you too.”

“I haven’t had crepes in a long time, I hope they still make it just as good as they made it the last time I had it.”

“Don’t worry, Sunny-ah, this place makes the best crepes. Your crepes are in good hands.” We both watched the crepe lady make our crepes and I started to drool just by looking at it. Sunny started to her lips, she was watching her crepe as it was being made. It was like she was watching her favourite actor take of his shirt. It was really that intense.

The lady handed both our crepes and wished us a good day. “Thank you! Sunny, let’s sit outside here.” There was a table with two seats just outside the little shop where we planted our butts on. I had the blueberry crepe and Sunny had the banana split, we started digging into it and I just had to close my eyes and savour the flavour. It tasted like a piece of heaven. “How’s yours?” I looked over at Sunny who was happily chomping away, she took one big bite and gestured to try each other’s crepes. She stuck out her crepe at me and I stuck my crepe out at her and we both took a bite.

“Yours is really nice, it’s really sweet.” She said and smiled as she continued to eat her own.

“Sweet, just like you, Sunny bunny.” She stopped eating midway and gave me a shy glance. She slowly placed her hand on top of my hand on the table. Our eyes met and as she looked deeply into my eyes, I saw a sparkle in her eye.

“Taeyeon-ah, that’s ‘berry’ sweet of you to say that, thank you.” I was still lost in her eyes when she started to laugh, it took me a few seconds to get what happened but I laughed as soon as she laughed because seeing her laugh is one of the best feelings in the world.

“You know Sunny, crepes taste nice when I’m eating it alone, better with friends, and they taste the best when you get to eat it with someone you love.” I was in a lovey-dovey state and it came out of my mouth without thinking, was I trying to hint something to her? Of course I was.

“Right now, these have been the best crepes I’ve ever had in my life, better than what I’ve had before.” My heart skipped a bit, was she also trying to hint something at me?

“I’ve got an idea! Instagram! We’ve already eaten half of it but it doesn’t matter.” I took out my phone and opened up the Instagram app. I aimed the camera in a way that both me and Sunny are in the photo. “1, 2, 3, berries!” We both posed with our crepes and happy faces. I captioned it as ‘Having crepes with my date!’ but I didn’t Sunny about that. I added filter effects, published it and continued eating.

“Taeyeon-ah, I want to try something today. Are you willing to do it with me?”

“Ne, what is it?” I said confusedly, I thought we were just doing some clothes shopping today, but I guess she had something else in mind.

“Instead of picking out clothes for ourselves, I want to pick clothes out for you and you pick out clothes for me and…” She stopped in the middle of her sentence again.

“Ne? And?”

“Well…” I could tell that she was shy about the idea, so I comforted her by tapping her nose. “C’mon Sunny-ah, tell me, I’ll do it, whatever it is.”

“I want, I want us to pick out clothes that gives the impression, the impression of us being a couple.” She quickly bit her crepe and I saw her blushing.

“Couple? That sounds so fun! Sunny-ah, of course I’ll do it with you, I can’t wait.” I was really excited to have a couple-clothing look as our next airport fashion. Sunny, I’m so glad you came up with that idea. Sunny’s smile widen as she continues to finish the last few bites of her crepe.

“Here, have the last bite. This is my gratitude for treating me to lunch.” She hovers the last bit of crepe in front of my mouth, I couldn’t resist and went in for the kill but I accidentally nipped Sunny’s finger. “Ow, Taeyeon-ah! My fingers are not for eating.” She joking yelled at me and slapped my arm. I sat up straight in my chair happily chewing away the crepe.

*****

We’ve entered the mall and now we’re just wandering around examining the stores as we walk by. Sunny was walking really close to me, almost steering me to one direction. “Soonkyu! Stop walking into me.” I said and nudged her, she playfully lost balance and nudged into me, this time getting a hold of my arm. She linked both our arms and stood up straight, she acted as if nothing happened. Sunny-ah, you can always link arms with me, as a matter of fact, I wanted to link arms with you. I smiled and bit my tongue to prevent me from opening my mouth too wide. She looked at me confusedly, still keeping up with the ‘nothing happened’ look on her face. Any face she makes is really cute and makes me want to stare at her all day.

We’ve been walking around for less than five minutes before I stopped in front of a shop, halting Sunny with me. “This place has really cute items, let’s go find something for you my bunny.” I dragged her into the shop and started scavenging for something that would suit Sunny, oh who am I kidding, anything looks good on sunny. She unlinked arms and started walking off to look at clothes on the other side of the shop. I was thinking of getting something black to emphasise her milky skin and then there, I found it., the perfect dress for Sunny. “Sunny-ah!” she looked up and over at me, “come try this on.” She walked over at me curious of what I’ve chosen. Her eyebrows raised when I presented it to her, she was speechless.

“Oh my god, this dress is so cute! It’s even got a bow on it, I love it, I’ll go try it on now!.” She stole it out of my grip and rushed into the dressing room. I knew that she would love it. I sat down on the cushioned seat just outside the changing room and before I know it, out came Sunny.

“Unnie, how does it look? Do you think it’s too cute?” She gave a graceful twirl and played with the frills on the dress. Now I’m speechless, I just sat there not know how to complement her, but I guess being speechless is the best complement you can receive on your looks. She poked her two index together and in her aegyo voice called out to me. “Unnie, tell me I’m cute.”

I was too shy to say it straight away, so I stood up face to face and cupped both of my hands on her cheeks. “You’re not just cute, you’re a beautiful young lady.” I ended my sentence by puckering my lips at her, I wanted to kiss her then and there. I slowly came closer to her face, almost nose to nose when Sunny blew into my face.

“Byuntaeng, you can’t do that here,” She whispered quietly and in monotone. Did I go too far? I couldn’t have, I didn’t even get anywhere. “There’s a time and place to do that and this is not the time or place, got that?” her voice told me that she was slightly upset.

I felt embarrassed that Sunny had to say that to me. I slowly let go of her cheeks and nodded in sorrow and wasn’t feeling as happy when I saw first saw her in the dress. I felt like going home.

“Oi, Byuntaeng, I’m sorry for scaring you,” Sunny’s voice changed from serious back to aegyo. “Please don’t be so down, I want you to be just as happy as we were eating crepes, ne?” This time she grabbed the sides of head and tilted it down and planted a kiss right on my crown. “C’mon, Taengoo, I still have to choose an outfit for you.” My happy meter has hit the maximum limit and broke the sound barrier. I couldn’t hear any of what Sunny just said, I’m love-struck.

*****

We’ve purchased the dress and now we’re back walking around the mall with our arms linked. It was Sunny’s turn to pick something out for me. It wasn’t long before she entered a store, it looks like this store has lots of cool, trendy and sophisticated things. “I really like this place, I’m sure I can find something for you here, I’m sure of it.” She unlinked arms and started browsing the many clothes the store has to offer, I followed behind her. “Hey Taeyeon-ah, let’s go to look in that corner of the shop,” she said as she pointed to the corner where all clothes of different shades of blacks and grey were.

She continued browsing and found something that she liked. Sunny unhooked it and handed it to me. It was a black vest and grey top combo. “Hold this, I need to find somethin…” She smirked at me. She picked up a grey hat and popped it on my head. “Go change, actually, I’ll go change with you, I’m too impatient.” Before I could decline her offer of being in the same changing room as me, she twirled me around and started pushing me.

We entered a vacant room and she locked the door. She slowly turned around to face me, and I’ll tell you now, it didn’t look like Sunny was in here because she was impatient to wait for me outside. Her face told a different story, a pretty byuntae story. I’m starting to feel violated so I looked at her and reminded her who is older and who is in charge. “Lee Soonkyu, I don’t want you to stay in here while I change, please wait for me outside, we’ll talk later.”

I looked in the mirror and saw her looked at me surprised. “What did I do, unnie?”

I looked at her through the mirror and sighed, “please wait outside, we’ll talk about this later.” I felt really sorry and I regret getting mad at her but it was necessary. The only thing I can do now is give her a tiny smile. She didn’t look at me, she just unlocked the door and left.

No, I don’t want this to happen, this was supposed to be a fun day, and now I made it tense. Otteoke. I quickly swang the door open, grabbed Sunny by the wrist and pulled her back in. I pushed her against the wall and held her there, I started to tear up soon it started dripping down my cheeks. “I-I-I’m so sorry, Sunny. I don’t want you to leave me, I always w-want you beside me. I’m sorry for telling you to wait outside, I ‘m sorry, Sunny.” I fell on my knees and continued to sulk. I love you too much to see you upset and sad. Please forgive me.

“Unnie, I’m sorry too, I’m sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable today. Please stop crying,” She sat on the floor and pulled me beside her, she wrapped her arms around me and started to sing one of my OST, Closer. I don’t get to hear Sunny’s mature singing voice very often, and I’ve never heard her sing one of my songs sincerely. It was the most special thing that has happened to me today. My tears have turned into tears of joy and I rested my head on her shoulder and sang with her. Even when Sunny and I are having bad times, she’s always the one who fixes it again.

*****

We’ve arrived at the airport on the way to the conference after a dramatic day shopping, none the less, it was still fun to pick out each other’s clothes. We were wearing what we’ve chosen for each other at the airport and we’ve gotten a lot of praise by the other members.

“Taeyeon-ah, Sunny-ah, you two so cute together, like a couple.” Seohyun whispered from behind us. “Next time you should bring me and someone else, like a double date.” She joked and winked at us.

“Daebak! I’m you guys look like a real couple, you two, I’m so going couple clothes shopping when I get the chance.” Fany said admiring our closeness.

“Hey, Taeyeon-ah, you could qualify for being my hubby.” Sunny giggled as she nudged me.

“And you look like you can qualify for being my baby.” I said to her, I offered my arm and she took it. We’ve only gotten closer from the incident at the change rooms and from now on, we will only get closer.