040.

⚜ Tied By A Child

           “Hello?”  He asked.

           “YAH! SEHUN!”

           Sehun flinched and frowned as his name was shouted from the other line.  “Get your back here now! Miyoung’s in the hospital. She was admitted for a fever, but the baby might come sooner than the due date.” Soojung rambled.  Miyoung’s in the hospital?  “Miyoung’s in the hospital?” He whispered. 

           His eyes darted around his dorm room.  Books, notebooks and paper were scattered across his desk.  His bed was messily fixed; his room was unorganized. “Soojung, I-I have finals next week, I can’t leave right now.”

           “Dammit, Sehun!” Soojung screamed, “if you’re not going to be in her life, don’t bother calling me every other day asking about how she’s doing! I don’t care that you have finals next week! Take them earlier.  You’re going to be a father, and you’re nowhere near the mother, Miyoung, right now.  You’re supposed to be here.”  Soojung took a short pause before sighing, “I don’t care what you do.  Come if you want…but if you don’t, don’t come back.”

           Sehun opened his mouth to speak, but Soojung beat him to it, “Also, Lu Han’s back.” Then she hung up.

           Sehun groaned, throwing his phone onto his desk.  “!” he raked his fingers through his hair in frustration.  It was early Friday morning.  He had been staying up, studying, preparing.  He made his way back to his desk and searched for a post it note.  He flipped over books and threw papers around before finding it under everything.  He only had 2 finals; 4 actually, but 2 were online so if he went back, he could take those in Korea.  The only exams he physically needed to be at were Math and History, and both were fairly easy for him.

           Sehun fell back against his chair and closed his eyes.  Lu Han was back.  Miyoung’s in the hospital.  He groaned before sitting up and opening another tab on the computer.  He searched in tickets on the next flight back to Seoul.

           If he was able to take the exams today, find a flight going to South Korea tonight, then he could arrive sometime Saturday night or Sunday morning.  He glanced quickly at the time, 7:37 AM.

           “.” He groaned.  He had 20 minutes to get to class.


           “Professor Harper.” Sehun knocked twice on the office door before he opened it.  The older man turned around on his chair, “What can I do for you, young man?” He asked with a smile.  “I was wondering if I could take the final exam today…if that was possible.  There’s an emergency back at home and I want-need to be there.” Sehun looked at the man’s unchanging expression, “If I can’t, then just fail me because my flight leaves tomorrow morning.”

           The professor furrowed his brows but said nothing.  The two look at each other for a while.  The professor debated on whether or not he should, and Sehun softened his eyes, pleadingly.

           “Give me a good excuse, and I will let you take it now.”

           Sehun’s eyes widened.  He had a chance.  “Well…” he his lips and looked around his professor’s desk and noticed a family picture.  “What was the most proudest moment in your life?”  He asked.  He prayed for one answer because who knew what his professor’s life was, Sehun for sure didn’t.

           Professor Harper cleared his throat, “Well…there are many.” He stated, “but if I had to say one…when my daughter was born.” He answered with a growing smile.  Sehun nodded his head, satisfied with the answer.  “Professor Harper, someone I love is in the hospital and is going to give birth to my son.  I should be there.”

           He saw his professor’s eyes grow.  “Uhm…” the professor cleared his throat, “Well, sit down.  You have 2 hours to take the exam.”

           The expression on Sehun changed as he bowed in gratification.  “Thank you!”


           Knock. Knock.

           Sehun groaned and stopped from his packing.    He opened it and a man who stayed in the dorm room next door walked in.  “Hey Sehun, there’s another party tonight, you—whoa.  Where are you going?” Mark asked.  “You know…we have finals next week.  Are you planning on bailing out right before?” The man named mark laughed as he pulled out Sehun’s desk chair and collapsed down.

           “You remember Miyoung?” Sehun huffed as he recycled pieces of paper lying around.  “Yeah? That one girl you and your best friend fought over.” Mark replied, spinning around in the chair before stopping.  “No way! She’s going to give birth!?” He shouted and Sehun quickly crumbled a piece of paper and threw it at him. 

           “Yes, and shut up. You’re so loud.” He muttered.  “I took 2 exams today.  I’m taking my online exams when I return to Korea, and my flight leaves tomorrow.” Sehun said as he stood up from the ground.

           “Wow, man. Congrats.” Mark chuckled, “Should I go buy a gift or something?” But Sehun only scowled, “Hey…” his tone changing into a more serious one, “Thanks for everything. You’ve been a good friend this semester.” Sehun punched the other man’s shoulder.  “I wouldn’t have been able to get used to living in the U.S this fast if it wasn’t for you.” He added.

           Mark looked at the slightly shorter Korean man then shriveled.  “Can you not!?” He laughed out loud and shoved Sehun away.  Once the laughed died, mark took a quick glance at Sehun who was wiping down the desktops.  “Hey, if there’s anything you need before you leave, let me know.” 

           And Sehun turned towards the man.  “…well, there is one thing…”


           “Now, are you sure I won’t get caught!?” Mark hissed early Saturday morning.  “It’s fine.  My security doesn’t usually get here until 7.  My flight leaves at 9.  I just need you to stall them until 9 or something.  They can’t find out I left or my parents will be furious—f”

           “Either way, when your parents find out, wouldn’t they be even more furious because you slipped out of your security’s hands and whatnot?” Mark groaned, “you’re in some deep . Glad I’m not some heir to a company.” He muttered silently and Sehun nodded, “Enjoy your freedom.” He stated jealously.

           Sehun and Mark threw some luggage into Mark’s car before they drove off to the airport.  “Okay, so I can say anything to stall your…baby sitter?” Mark asked as they neared the airport almost an hour later.  Sehun nodded, looking through his passport and place ticket, checking to see if he had everything he needed.   “So, I’m going to tell them that we went to a party, you got drunk, drunk and knocked out in front of the police depart-f”

           Sehun turned his head and threw a hard punch at the driver.  “Hey! You know you’re not supposed to do that!” Mark shouted, referring to Sehun hitting him, the driver. Mark laughed, “I’m only kidding! I’m kidding!” Sehun took a deep breath and sighed, looking out the window.  “I’m kidding…I’ll tell them you went to a princess tea party with a couple of guys instead.”

           Sehun shook his head.  This guy is so annoying, but hilarious and a good friend to him.  “I don’t really care what you tell them.” Sehun leaned back again the seat, “just stall them until my flight leaves.”

           After a short farewell, a long hour wait for his flight to be announced, Sehun was getting in line for his seat claim on the plane.  As people filed into their respected seat, Sehun took out his phone.  He quickly made a call before the attendants could announce that all electronic devices be turned off.

           Sehun clicked on the number he last spoke to and it rang twice before someone answered.

           “Yobosaeyo? Soojung-ah?”  He paused, “My flight lands tomorrow night.  Arrange a ride for me.”


Hey guys, I'm giving you guys a crappy update because well, I need to thank you all for your congradulatorys and whatnot. You're comments and very sweet and I literally can't even make up words to describe how I feel about them.  They're funny and cute and definitely make me laugh whenever I read them. Also, I wanted to tell you guys, that you aLL SHOULD STOP READING AND FOCUS ON YOUR FINALS!! This story will still be here afterwards. Put everything aside and just study your off and after your finals, y'all can read the night away. Lol, just do well in school.

Last note, I with this Kris thing, I probably won't be updating for awhile. It took me by surprise and I suddenly have no motivation to write anymore. I literally cried my eyes out last night and this morning when I woke up. Yeah, we should all be strong, but this issue has reeeally gotten blown out of proportion (since we reallly don't have much information to go on) and even if he does come back, I feel like it won't be the same. Idk, my heart really aches right now because I've got through this 3 times already (dbsk, suju & 2pm) and I don't know if I'm ready for another heartbreak.

So with this update...I'll see you guys next time. I'm sorry. //bows90

--miyoung.