022.

⚜ Tied By A Child

 


           Sehun’s words played endlessly on repeat in my head the rest of the school day.  “Meet me after school…on the rooftop” I never got the chance to ask him why, and if I really wanted to know, I’d go.  No matter how much I tried pushing his words to the back of my mind, my heart would bring it back up.   And no matter how much I told myself no, my heart begged to differ.

           “I can take you home today.” Lu Han stated before I came out of my thoughts.  I looked to the ground, “umm, no, I have to stay behind to ask Seosaengnim a question, then I have to run some errands after and I don’t want to keep you waiting.” I lied.  My heart raced as I spoke those false words that came so easily to me.

           Lu Han squeezed my shoulders, “Ahh, really?” he raised a brow before I nodded and started packing my bag.  “Yeah…go hangout with your friends today, Lu Han.  I don’t want you to always be by my side…you need to have some fun too.” I stated before giving him a small push towards the door.  He whined childishly before walking back and placing a kiss on my forehead, “I’ll see you tomorrow then, Miyoung.  If anything happens, call me, okay?”

           I nodded as he disappeared out the door.  I continued packing my bags before leaving the room.  My feet took me up the steps of the stairs towards the roof.  All I had to do now was open the door to the rooftop, but suddenly I couldn’t bring myself to do it. 

           Thousands of questions and worrying thoughts invaded my mind as I slid down the wall and sat down on the top step.  What’s wrong with me?  I looked down at my stomach and sighed heavily, “Baby…what’s wrong with me?”


           Right after the school bell, Sehun avoided anyone who would talk to him and made his way straight to the roof.  His hands were sweating as he paced back and forth, hoping Miyoung would show up.  But even if she didn’t, he’d understand.   He’s been a jerk to her for the past weeks, and it wasn’t until the recent incident that he realized that he might actually care.  When Soojung pushed her to the ground, a sudden surge of anger and worry washed over him.

           The pregnant scare.  It happened to him 3 times already, and after he found out that the first one was false, he started to brush every girl that came up to him, announcing her pregnancy.  He didn’t need some lying girl by his side just so she could receive the same riches he does.  Sehun let out a heavily breath.  After a while, Miyoung’s pregnancy seemed so real.

           And now he wanted to know if she was alright.  He just wanted some time to themselves so he could talk.  When Miyoung told him about the baby, she didn’t give him enough time to think or reply.  And after she told him that she didn’t need him, he brushed it off his shoulders thinking it was fake.  But even after that, he would get random thoughts about her, especially when he was with Soojung.  His conscious would make him second think everything he did with her, but it never stopped him.

           A couple days after he asked Baekhyun, reality started kicking in.  Someone was pregnant with his child and what was he doing about it? –Absolutely nothing.  Coming from a wealthy background, you were either loved and given everything you ever wanted or neglected and left in a house by yourself at a young age.  Sehun barely saw his parents.  He never had a childhood like many other students his age.  His parents came to visit him a couple times a year, but when he turned 18, that started to change.  They came to see him often, but only if it was about company matters since he was getting old enough to work beside his father in the company.

           Being left alone throughout his life made him think about Miyoung and the baby.  Did he want to leave them be, by themselves, without him, without a father?  No.  He remembered telling Lu Han in junior high that when he had a family he would never leave them, he would never neglect them like his parents did him, only coming to him with business matters.  He told himself he wasn’t going to be that kind of person. 

           Looking back at how he acted towards Miyoung, disgusted him.  How could he forget such a promise?  And now that Lu Han was in the picture, things were no longer in his favor.  Sehun only received one chance, and he blew it.  He didn’t know if it was still worth it.  Was it worth pursuing a girl taken by your best friend—was it worth pursuing a girl who hated you with all her living being. 

           Yes.

           Yes, because that girl was pregnant with his baby, and he needed another chance.  He wanted to talk to her alone with no one else there that might influence her decisions.  He was beating himself because of his faults.  All he wanted now was another chance.  He wanted another chance with her, Miyoung, to make up for his past actions.

           Sehun looked up into the sky before looking down at his phone.  A little over an hour past already and she wasn’t there yet. He sighed heavily before standing up.  I guess she won’t be giving me another chance, he thought.   Sehun threw his bag over his shoulders and slowly walked to the door. 

           His hands gripped the knob as he slowly turned it, still hoping that she might suddenly run through the door.  He pulled it open before looking down.  His eyes widened his as took a step back and opened the door wider.

           “Mi-Miyoung….” He muttered her name under his breath as she looked up at him with soft eyes.  Sehun quickly bent down and grabbed her arms, softly picking her up from the ground.  He pulled her onto the roof and closed the door.  “You’re here.” He said unbelievably, “You came…”

           Miyoung looked away, not wanting to meet his gaze.  A tingly sensation ran down her spine as he touched her, and her heartbeat starting to increase automatically.


           Why did I come?

           I spent an hour on the steps just thinking.  I almost left twice, but my heart kept me here.

           “Miyoung, say something…” Sehun spoke.  I was amazed at how soft his voice was.  I never paid much attention to it until now, even when he was yelling…shouting, it was still so soft.  I looked up from the ground and into the sky.  I can’t do this.

           I took a quick glance at him before turning towards the door, “I’m leavin—”

           “No, please don’t.” he grabbed my wrist tenderly, sending another shock wave down my back.  “Stop it.” I blurted, you’re making me go crazy with those touches.  His hands slipped down into my hands before he let go.  “What do you want?” I asked with my back still turned to him.  I could hear Sehun sighing, “To talk, just us two.  I want you to listen because I have a change of heart, and I want to be part of the child’s life…your life.”

           “—You’re too late.” I muttered as he turned me around.  “No, I’m not…because you came here.” He stated as I let him lift my chin up.  “Look at me.” He said softly before my eyes easily obeyed.  We looked into each other’s eyes.  His dark orbs were glistening as I looked up.  “I’m not too late.” He whispered, “If I was, you would’ve never showed up, but you did.”

           I swallowed hard and turned my head away, “If you think I’m giving you another chance, you’re wrong, Sehun.”  I furrowed my brows and closed my eyes, why.  Why is it that every time I speak his name, my heart just continues to beat irregularly for him?  I don’t like him…

           “But you are.” Sehun muttered quietly before gently grabbing my hands and leading me into the green house.  I mentally cursed as I freely let him drag me along.  He closed the door behind me and faced me again.  “When you decided to meet me here, you gave me another chance.” 

           “…Will you listen to what I have to say?” he asked softly after a lingering silence.

           I shook my head stubbornly, “No…I gave you one chance—”

           “Yeah, that was like a minute chance, heck, you didn’t even let me talk.  You just suddenly blurted it out and left me hanging.  I didn’t even have enough time to think or tell you what I thought because you ditched me right after you told me.  Plus, I’m a 19 year old boy who was suddenly told that I’d basically be a father soon, what do you think I was going to do…?  Come on, Miyoung…you’re smarter than that.” He stated everything while looking at me.

           Goose bumps rose to my skin; was he angry?  “You should try being in my shoes, Miyoung.  You don’t know what I have to go through…what I have been through.” He added softly when he broke eye contact with me.  My heart suddenly shattered when I saw the hurtful look in his eyes.

           I didn’t know how to react to this…moment, I guess.  I pressed my lips together as the silence took over both of us.  Sehun looked out the green house windows as I rubbed my arms awkwardly.  I looked at him, taking note of his personality—I mean, his true form, not the jerk guy he makes himself to be.  He was looking at the ground, shoulder slouched.

           “Hey—are you cold?” he asked me before I straightened and looked away in embarrassment.  “N-no…why wou-why would you say that?” I asked with a shaky voice.  I heard him chuckle quietly before he pulled me to the back of the green house and sat me down in the swinging bench.  I looked up at him as he took his uniform jacket off and placed it around my shoulders, “because you’re rubbing your goose bump arms.”

           My heart fluttered as I looked down at my arms.  “I’m—I’m not cold though.” I stated.  It’s because of you.

           “Ohh?” he raised a teasing brow and sat down.  I took a deep breath and straightened, “What do you want from me?” I stated as I fiddled with my fingers nervously.  “Do you hate me?”  He bluntly asked.  My eyes widen at the unexpected question.   I unconsciously shook my head and look at him, “…No.” I whispered.

           The look in his eyes when I said that one word…it was like none other.  “Really?”

           “I’m not going to hate you just because you didn’t want to step up…or because you got me pregnant because it was my fault too—”

           “No, it wasn’t.” he interrupted, “you’re not at fault for what happened…it was me, all me.” He stated as I furrowed my brows and became silent because I was too tired to argue back.  I my lips and sighed, “Plus…hate’s a big word, and honestly…it’s impossible for me to hate you.” I muttered under my breath.

           I looked around on the ground hoping he’d break the silence after I stated that.  I rubbed my neck awkwardly before having enough courage to look at him.  Sehun was smiling back at me; even though it was faint, it didn’t stop my heart from reacting.  “Why-why is that?” he croaked before I wrapped his jacket tighter around my body suddenly feeling a shiver.  I shrugged, “Because…because you’re the father…” I muttered before clearing my throat, “Umm—anyways, what do you want from me.”

           I felt goose bumps rise and from the corners of my eyes, I could tell he was smiling.  Stupid me.

           “I want two things from you.” He stated before I swallowed hard.  “Isn’t that a bit much?” I muttered as I looked out into the darkening sky.  I cursed.  The sun was slowly falling, and the clouds grew dark.  Well duh, it’s rainy season…what did you expect, Miyoung?

           “I want you to give me another chance.” He stated in his soft voice before I turned and looked at him with big eyes, “huh—you want me to what!?” I blurted shocked.  Sehun nodded, “I want another chance, Miyoung.  Please, I’ll be sure to make things right with you—”

           “Uhh—umm, if you didn’t know…Lu Han and I are going out, so I don’t really think that’s a good idea.” I stated with furrow brows.  “You guys are best friends, and I’m pretty sure that goes against the “bro code” or whatever that thing is-” I was quickly cut off when he raised his hand in the air, “He crossed that line first.”

           My mouth closed and I pressed my lips together, having nothing else to say.  “Will you give me another chance?  Because…to be honest, you never really gave me a chance.  You can’t expect a guy to automatically answer and be happy that he got some girl pregnant, unless they’re a couple or something.”  Sehun spoke as I continued to stay silent.  “Please, Miyoung, I just want a chance to fix things up between us.”

           I swallowed hard and shrugged, “Go talk to Lu Han.” I stated simply.  Sehun nodded his head and answered, “So I’m guessing that’s a yes on your part then, alright.” He chuckled softly, “and my last request…can-can you stay with me up here…for a moment longer—I know that’s probably the last thing you want to do, but I’d just appreciate it…” he softly stated before I hummed an answer.

           “Is that a yes?” he asked before I started swinging the bench, “think whatever you want to.” I muttered before sitting back.  We sat on the swinging bench silently in the green house as the sky gradually got darker.  My head rested on the back of the chair.  I closed my eyes and sighed heavily, “how’s Soojung?” I asked quietly trying to hide the bitterness.

           A moment later he answered.  “She’s—I actually can’t tell you because we haven’t been talking…” he answered.  He sounded like he was worried…like he cared for her which caused a burning inside my chest.  “Do you like her?” I asked absentmindedly as I played with the ends of my skirt.  “N-no…she’s just—we just…”

           “She’s your buddy.” I cynically stated since it was so hard for him to say it.  Sehun choked when I blurted that. “Wh-what!? No—why would you-there are better terms-”

           I rolled my eyes, “ toy?”

           Sehun sighed heavily, “I—” he groaned in embarrassment, “I guess I just use her for pleasure, BUT I swear they’ll change because of you and I won’t do that—have with her…or anyone else for that matter.”

           I rolled my neck before yawning, “Mhmm…” I hummed as I got up from the chair, “whatever…” I muttered before walking towards the door, “I’m leaving.” I casually threw my hand up for a wave without turning around and left the green house.

           It was going to rain soon.  I could almost smell the rain coming as I walked through the halls of the school.  When I got to the front door, the sky rumbled and a sudden down pour started.  I groaned inwardly.  It was getting late and I wasn’t home yet, plus, now that it was raining my parents were going to be furious when I got home.  Knowing them, they’d probably call the police.

           I took my phone out to call them just as it rang.  “Yobosa—”

           “Miyoung! Where are you!? You better get home this instant! Do you know it’s raining out!?  Where are you, Miyoung? You’re not with Lu Han?  Why are you not with him?  We called him and—shouldn’t you be on your way home?  You’re not in some kind of trouble are you?  Come home right now, Miyoung.  We’re worried and don’t want you getting sick especially now that you’re going to have a b-”

           “Ummmaaa~~~~” I whined childishly, “I’m fine! Don’t worry about me!” I shouted through the phone.  The thunder and heavy rainfall was making it hard for us both to hear each other.  I’ll be home soon!”

           “-Where are you?  Are you still-”

           “-Umma! I’m going to hang up now, kay!? See you in a bit.” I cut her off before ending the call and shoving my phone in my school bag.

           “Hey, Miyoung?”

           I jumped at the voice behind me.  My heart raced in shock.  “What, Sehun?” I answered as I turned around.  “I’ll take you home, okay?  I don’t want you walking to the bus station and take the bus home…it’s dangerous.” He stated before pointing behind me, “My car’s here…” he muttered before I followed his gaze.  A sleek, black car pulled right up to the steps of the school; when it came to a stop, the passenger door opened and a man came running up the steps with an umbrella in hand.  “Sir.” He bowed and greeted Sehun before Sehun swiftly grabbed my wrist and ran down the steps.

           He didn’t bother to wait for the door to be open for him.  He did it himself and ushered me inside before he followed.  The rain was pelting the roof of the car as it slowly drove off.  I rubbed my hands uncomfortably as Sehun played with some buttons on the side door.  Seconds later I felt the heat skimming my skin.

           “Where do you live?” he asked before my head shot up.  “…So I know where to drop you off.” He muttered slowly.  I pulled his jacket tighter around my shivering body, “the convenience store off of Namkyo and Jun-pyeong.” I answered quietly.  He nodded and told the driver as I moved closer to the other door and stared out the window.

           We sat in silence until the car drove in front of the closed store.  I was about to open the door when he stopped me.  “Miyoung…?”  I turned my head and looked at him, “huh?” I simply replied.  “Can you—how many—will you tell me…” He took a deep breath, “ummm…how far along you are?” He asked quietly before I took a deep breath myself.  I my lips and softened my eyes, “17 weeks.”  I replied before opening the door and running out to the side door.

           I quickly unlocked the door and went inside.  Both my parents turned and saw me as I stumbled in and closed the door behind me.  They had a worry look across their face as they ran to me.  My mother hugged me tightly, squeezing the air out of me.  “Miyoung—Oh Miyoung, where were you!? Oh my goodness! Are you okay?” She pulled back and wiped the droplets off my forehead, “Oh dear…” She hugged me again, “We were so worried.”

           My father threw an arm around my mother and I both before he kissed me.  “You had everyone worried, Miyoung…you should’ve called us ahead of time or something.”  He sighed heavily, “Why—why don’t you go change, we don’t want you getting sick now, do we?” He pried my mother off me and shooed me upstairs, “Call Lu Han, too…he’s worried.”

           I glanced back and nodded before running into my room.

           After a warm shower, I texted Lu Han.  I wasn’t in the mood to talk to him or anyone else.  After everything’s that happened within the past 48 hours, I really just need time for myself.

           It was late and I wasn’t expecting a text back from him, but I got one minutes after I sent mine.  He wished me a good night before I put my phone on my night stand and turned the lamp off. I closed my eyes and relaxed my body before I quickly fell asleep.


YAY! FINALLY MIYOUNG AND SEHUN TIME!!! DON'T YOU ALL LOVE ME, Lol. Just kidding, you all probably hate me now because of this chapter. WHO ARE YOU FEELS WITH!? Lol, ahhh, this is so fun..you have no idea how entertaining this is for me, especially when I read your comments about how you hate sehun or don't know who to ship anymore. Lol, muahahhaaaa~~~ [college is making me go craycray]

Anyways, on a more serious note, I really hope you guys like this chapter because this is one of my favorite chapters I've written so far, if not my favorite.  The alone time they share just gives off a lot of feeling and you don't know what to think after reading it.  Sehun's past is very gloomy compared to most of the other Exo members, but it also shows why he is who he is and why he isn't to opening to other people, especially random girls.  I hope you continue to give your love to Sehun even though he is a jerk/bratt; I love him still. Lol xDD

I'm in love with your comments! I'm really sorry I don't time to reply back to all of them, and seriously, I would make a reaction video as I go and read your comments because it'd be so hilarious. You'd see me laughing and blushing because you're all so cute! You guys make my kokoro beat more than Sehun will ever in his life time not true, jk, but I seriously thank you for your love and support!

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))