This Heart was Already Yours 14

This Heart Was Already Yours

---------------------------------------------------------------------

After Onew had gone onto the bus, Jinhee waited in her car to see where he was heading off to. She knew Onew normally didn't take the bus home, so it was strange to see him do it. Following the bus, Jinhee recieved a call from Hyunshik, her husband.

"Hello?"

"Oh, Jinhee. Where are you? Haha. I come home and you're not here."

"I was just out with friends. I'll be heading home soon, okay?!"

"...Okay. I'll be waiting."

She hung up and threw the phone onto the passenger's seat sighing. When the bus finally came to a stop, Jinhee parked a few feet away watching Onew get off with a girl. She suddenly felt anger building up inside. Her eyes didn't fully blank and her mind was completely blank. The two walked off into the alley way and Jinhee decided to get out and follow after. By the time she had caught up with them, she saw the girl facing Onew. Jinhee could feel her heart slowly break watching his face expression. It was an expression she had never seen before. He looked like he was almost going to cry, but he didn't. Even though he wasn't jumping around shouting from happiness, she could clearly see he was filled with it.

"What's going on here, oppa?"

Jinhee glared at him as he turned to see her. She could see his lite up face dim out. Slowly, the two couple let each other's hands go and Onew took a step towards Jinhee. Confused, he asked, "Jinhee?...What are you doing here?"

"I followed you, because I was concerned why you were so strange today! And it's all because of that girl??"

Suji became uncomfortable and took a step away from Onew.

"You didn't need to follow me, Jinhee. Why couldn't you had just called?"

"Why do I need to call you?!?" Jinhee shouted angrily at him. He couldn't believe all of this was happening right now. Looking over at Suji, he studied her expression hoping it wouldn't tell him that she was misunderstanding the situation. Suji's eye trembled as she looked up at him. Jinhee began walking closer to them. Onew looked back at her and told her, "Jinhee, go home."

"Not unless you come with me."

His eyes stared at the ground as he tried his best to keep his composure. Jinhee turned her attention to Suji. "And who are you?! If you think you're anyone special, you're obviously just a replacement for me-"

"Jinhee!" This time, he seemed more angry than frustrated. Shocked to hear he was actually shouting at her, Jinhee stopped and looked at him. "Let's talk about this later, okay? Not now."

"Why not now? Huh, Jinki? Let's say what we need to say in front of this girl you're replacing me with!"

"She's not a replacement."

"Then who is she to you?"

Not wanting to say it, he looked away from Jinhee's glare.

"Who is she to you?!"

Suji began backing up to leave, but Onew quickly took a hold of her hand.

"I used to think that you were the girl for me. I used to believe that some day we'll end up together living a happy life. When I spoke your name, I would get a feeling inside my heart that would make me feel as light as air...", pausing for a moment, he continued, "I've waited for a train for seven years, hoping that some day it would come and take me to a place where I could live happily forever...but I couldn't wait anymore. Waiting became too tiring and so I stopped hoping...I stopped waiting. I'm sorry, Jinhee..."

Jinhee's face became tensed. Her eyes began burning as she tried to hold back the tears. Still holding onto Suji's hands tightly, he said, "I'm happy I didn't continue waiting...because I've found myself already in a place where I'm the most happiest. Please, Jinhee...don't come back for me. I am no longer waiting..."

Before she could busrt into tears, Jinhee quickly ran away covering . Back to her car, she closed the door and wailed uncontrollably. No matter how hard she tried to stop crying, the tears just kept coming. Her hands shook as she covered her face and continued crying. She cried because of the love she could've had. She cried because of the many times she could've been with him. Mostly, she cried because she couldn't turn back time.

"Oh, hyung, there you are..." Minho said as Onew walked in. Minho stared at Onew and said, "You don't look too happy. Did something happen?" Shaking his head, Onew said, "No, I'm just tired. Hehehe..." He made his way towards the bedroom. Plopping himself onto whatever bed that was there, he buried his face in the blanket.

"Hyung?? Get off my bed!"

Onew looked up and saw Taemin sitting there staring at him weirdly.

"TAEMINNNNNIE!"

His arms began reaching for Taemin. Taemin squirmed away shouting, "Key-hyung! Ah! Onew-hyung is attacking me!! Ah!" Key walked into the room with a towel on his covering his wet hair. He rolled his eyes watching the two and said, "This is childish."

My body, heart and mind feels light. I feel like I had been carrying something heavy over my shoulders for so long...now I feel free of it. I feel...great.

Onew stopped bothering Taemin and said, "By the way...Key...." Looking back at Onew, Key asked, "What do you want?"

"What were you doing at the cafe with my future wife?"

Speechless, Key looked away ignored him.

"Yah, Kibum. Get your own future wife. Stay away from mine."

Key scoffed and finally turned to Onew saying, "What? Are you jealous? Are you scared I might steal your precious future wife away from you?"

Taemin stared at the two of them smiling at eachother cynically.

The very next day, Onew recieved a text message from Munhee.

Jinki-ssi! It's been awhile. I hope you still remember who I am! If not, I was the guy at the wedding with Suji! Well, I'm just messaging you to tell you that I'm inviting you to a business party for Hyunshik tonight around 7 o'clock! It'll be at a hotel. Don't worry! Your friends will also be there! Dress up & please show up!

Hesitating, Onew thought about his schedule and it seemed like he would be available to attend the party. Stopping, he began thinking to himself.

If it's for Hyunshik...that  means Jinhee will also be there, right?...And how did Munhee get my number...?...

"You're looking dressed up! Where are you going?" Jonghyun asked Onew. In a suit, Onew answered, "I got invited to a business party. I won't be out too late." Jonghyun nodded and watched Onew walk out of the dorm.

Arriving to the hotel, he was escorted to the party room. The hotel was luxurious and fancy with red carpeting. While walking into the room full of people, he adjusted his tie. An arm came around his shoulders and he quickly looked to see Munhee smiling at him.

"There you are, Jinki-ssi! I was afraid you wouldn't make it!"

"Ah, well, since you invited me, I decided to come."

"Thank you. You're a nice guy, Jinki-ssi. Enjoy yourself, okay?"

For some reason, Onew felt a little tension coming from Munhee. He tried not minding it and he made his way to a table where a few of his old high school buddies were.

"Yah! Jinki! You're here!"

Onew smiled and shook their hands. Before he could sit down, he looked over by the windows and saw Suji sitting at a table. She seemed busy looking to see what was happening outside rather what was going on inside. Considering that this was Hyunshik's party and that Jinhee might be there, he resisted going over to Suji to be with her.

"Suji-ah!"

Suji looked and saw Munhee running over to her. He seemed to be a little drunk by the way he was waddling over to her. From afar, Onew looked up from chatting with his friends when he heard Munhee talking loudly, "Suji-ah! Do you know who much I like you?? W-why don't you like me too??" Everyone tried their best to continue on with their own conversations but couldn't help it with Munhee being loud.

"I've liked you for so long.  I've waited for you to finally come out and decide to love, but...what do I get??! You falling for someone else, that is!"

Uncomfortable with everyone's attention at them, Suji quietly told him, "Munhee-ssi...let's talk about this somewhere else..."

"No, Suji-ah! I'm done with it! We've talked about this so many times, but I just can't believe that you cold-heartedly brushed me aside and went to be with someone else! What makes him so much better than me?? I have money! I have everything any girl would want! Is it because he's a celebrity?! That's it, isn't it??"

Suji looked down feeling embarrassed. Onew spotted Jinhee over by the corner watching with a content look on her face.

This is all her doing, isn't it? I knew something like this was going to happen...but I didn't think it would be directed towards Suji...

"Isn't it, Suji?! It's because he's famous and you want the atten-"

"Munhee-ssi...this is why I don't want to be with you..." She shot back, "You look at me as if I'm someone who lacks dignity and self-respect. I can't learn to love someone who expects so little of me...when they themselves have no dignity or self-respect."

"What did you say??!"

Rushing over, Onew made it in time to stop Munhee from raising his hand at her. Munhee looked at him and shouted, "Let go of me! It's all your fault!" He managed to snatch his arm from Onew.

"If you never came into the picture, this all would've never happened! Why don't you just go back to your little studio and stop messing with us normal people's lives?!"

"I never intended for this to happen...I'm sorry."

"If you're sorry, don't associate yourself with Suji!"

"...I can't do that..."

Munhee looked at him angrily.

"I'm in love with Suji and I don't plan on letting her go."

With that, he felt a hard punch to the cheek making him fly back. Seeming as though he didn't land on the ground, he saw that Suji had caught him. Onew got back on his feet and saw Munhee coming back for another hit. Suddenly, he saw Suji step up. Before he could push Suji out of the way, he watched as Suji gave Munhee a quick but painful hit under his jaw. It stopped Munhee from going any further and made him yell in pain.

"I'm sorry, Munhee-ssi...but I've told you many times before that I had no feelings for you whatsoever...Please leave me alone and find another one to love."

She held onto Onew's hand and dragged him out of the room. Someone came running after them as the party resumed.

"Excuse me!...Stop!"

The two of them stopped and turned back to see Hyunshik standing there. "I'm sorry for what just happened...I had no idea all of this would occur...Jinhee just asked to throw a party for me and...I'm sorry. As an apology, please take a room here tonight. It will be at no cost."

They stood there for awhile thinking of what to say. Finally, Onew answered, "It's fine. It's not your fault. Please don't feel responsible."

Hyunshik nodded and replied, "If you refuse a room here, I will not be able to sleep tonight. Hahaha, so please, I would be honored."

Not knowing what else to say, they felt bad and agreed. Hyunshik had an employee take them up to a room. Before they left, Hyunshik told them, "It's one of our best rooms we have here, so please enjoy yourselves tonight!"

When they got inside the room, it was spacious and the view was amazing.

This...place looks familiar....I've seen it before, haven't I?

Onew looked around observing the room. Suddenly, he heard Suji's voice calling from somewhere, "Jinki! Come look!" Following where her voice came from, he found himself in the living room walking towards a balcony. The white chiffon curtains waved as the wind passed through. Even though it was already dark outside, the moon was shining so brightly. When he walked out onto the balcony, he saw Suji leaning over the ledge with her face sticking out towards the night sky. Staring at her, it suddenly came to him.

My dream! The apartment! Th-this is the place!

Things were a bit different, but a few things looked the same from his dream. Suji grabbed his arm and pulled him over to her. With a soft smile, she asked him playfully, "Are you sure you want to be with me...?" The moonlight hitting her skin made it glow as the night breeze played with her hair. Astounded by her beauty, he replied nervously, "I-I...do...and I definitely won't regret it." Her smile grew wider. Then it disappeared as she noticed the side of his cheek. He hadn't notice it himself that the corner of his lips were bleeding from the punch Munhee gave him.

"We should clean that...", she said pulling him back inside. He sat on the couch waiting for her to come back. When she did, it was only a clean wet towel. Sitting on the couch beside him, she began wiping his lips gently.

Was she finally mine? Did I win her heart? If I did, do I completely have it all to myself? These feelings that I have for her...I feel like they've grown so much stronger...

Slowly, she looked up at him and noticed that he was looking at her the whole time. Her heart began racing and she could feel her face burning up. Suddenly, she felt his hand grab the hand that was cleaning his face. Then he asked, "...Since when did you start to like me, Suji-ah...?..." Blushing from the mere sound of him saying her name, her eyes blinked as she thought about it.

"I guess when you found my earring...I felt a sudden attraction towards you and I didn't know why. If I hadn't liked you since then, I wouldn't had let you walk me home."

He smiled hearing the answer. Trying to hide her reddened face, she turned around and looked outside. "Ah...there's a private pool for this room too?!" Onew watched as she ran over to the door, opening it, and running out.

"Yah! Don't be running-"

He heard her scream and water splashing. Quickly, he ran over to see her in the pool.

"Are you alright?! I told you to be careful, didn't I??!"

Her head popped up from under the water splashing a little at him. Wiping the water off his face, he once again asked her, "Are you okay??"

"Ow!" The girl yelped out holding onto her wrist. He honestly didn't know what to do, but he yelled at her, "What is it?? Did you sprain your wrist?!" She nodded as she handed her arm over to Onew. As he took it, he suddenly remembered what had happened in his dream and felt her pulling him into the water. When he got up, he saw her laughing at him. He combed his hair out of his face and said, "You ruined my suit. Haha..."

Suji made her way towards the stairs. She fixed her dress and sat down on the stairs. Looking back up, she saw that he was gone. "Jinki...?" Suddenly, in front of her, he came out of the water smiling at her. She wanted to scream, but quickly covered . He pinned her against the wall of the pool. Sinking back not knowing what to do, Suji stared at him with wide eyes.

"You keep making it harder for me to keep my composure..."

He watched the water trickle down her reddened cheeks to her pink lips. No longer able to hold back, he leaned in and kissed those lips he had been wanting to kiss for so long. The softness of her lips made his knees weak. Though he had kissed her lips in his dream, this kiss felt much more better since it was real this time. He felt her hands at his sides as they moved up to his chest. In between her legs, he let go of the wall and held onto her back to pull her closer. When they finally managed to pull away from each other, out of breath, he softly said, "...I love you, Suji-ah..."

Looking up at her, he saw her smiling and she replied, "I love you too,  Jinki."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

LE FIN

Thank you all so much for reading this. I'm not the best writer and I'm not trying to be. I just want to tell stories in a way that you all would be able to somewhat understand it. Lol. If there was a part in the story that you did not get, don't be shy to ask. I tend to leave out some important facts and so I sometimes leave the story feeling like there's still more to come. Loll. I'm working on that, okay? There might be a sequel to this story, btw. :D

Anyhow, thank you again for all of the wonderful comments and subscribers. Please look forward to my other stories if you liked this one!