This Heart was Already Yours 2

This Heart Was Already Yours

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hyung.....HYUNG!"

Onew jumped and looked to see Jonghyun sitting across from him giving him a weird look. Not really wanting to know, Jonghyun asked, "What's wrong with you, man?" Onew blankly stared at Jonghyun and replied, "What do you mean?"

"You're not eating your food...Are you not feeling well?"

"Ehehehe...I'm feeling fine..." He looked down at his food and stared at it. Jonghyun raised an eyebrow and looked away.

It had been the morning after hearing the news that Jinhee was engaged to another man. His heart was shattered into pieces. He didn't know where the pieces had gone, but he didn't want to pick them up. Even if he did, he knows his heart would be missing a piece.

Was I too stupid to not notice? Who was I to think that I had a chance with a girl like that? I was selfish to be wishing bad stuff on her relationship with that guy. How could I have wished he broke up with her and even cheated on her? I'm usually not like this....

On their way out to a recording, Taemin walked beside Onew. Taemin stared at Onew, who walked so somberly, and asked, "Hyung, are you alright?" Nodding slowly, Onew forced a smile hoping to not worry Taemin. "Yah, hyung, you look scary!" Taemin covered his mouth and backed away from Onew.

When they arrived at the show, they were greeted by a few fans and the staffs that were outside. A fan suddenly approached Onew and bowed. Onew gave her a smile and bowed his head acknowledging her.

"Oppa, you don't look too good. Are you not feeling well?" The fan asked.

Onew chuckled and shook his head.

Even a fan can see right through me...Why am I like this??

Trying to be playful, he teased, "Yah, do I not look well? Are you saying I look ugly today??" The fan laughed and shook her head. "No, oppa. It's just that your smile doesn't look the same as usual! That's all! You're never ugly! Don't say that!" He smiled at the fan.

"Onew! Hurry up!", his manager shouted at the back door. Quickly, Onew said his farewells to the fan and ran into the building. In their changing room, Onew sat on the couch waiting for the other boys to finish up. Since Key was done, he walked over to the couch and sat down a seat away from Onew.

"What's wrong with you today? Is it because I threw that book at you yesterday? Look, I knew I was going to miss anyways. Don't be mad."

Looking up at Key, Onew scoffed and told him, "There's nothing wrong with me..." Key tilted his head to the side and raised an eyebrow at Onew saying, "And you expect me to believe that?" Moving closer to say it more quietly, Key added, "Did something happened between you and your one girl friend?"

Key was always good at reading people's feelings. I don't know how he does it, but it sometimes scares me. I didn't want to tell them about it, because they would pity me and I didn't want that. I didn't want to worry them either. They had enough to worry about. Plus, I'm the leader, I shouldn't be the one worrying anyone.

"It's nothing, Key. Don't worry about it, okay?" Onew assured Key and walked out of the room.

How was my usual self like? Did I talk a lot? Did I smile a lot? It  has been only a day and I'm already sulking. I mean, there's still time for me to change Jinhee's heart, right?! They're only engaged...but that would make me a homewrecker, wouldn't it?

Battling himself, he bumped into someone in the hall. Onew looked up and saw Kang Hodong.

"Oh! Onew-ssi!!" Hodong exclaimed happily. Onew smiled and bowed. "I'm sorry!" Hodong patted his back and said, "It's alright! Are you excited for today's show??"

"Of course! You know I always am!" Hoping to appear like his usual self, Onew smiled at Hodong. Hodong stepped away from Onew and said, "Something about you is a bit off today...What is it...?" Studying Onew, Hodong reached over to Onew's neck. Onew looked down at his neck and saw that Hodong was adjusting his bowtie for him.

"Always keep yourself look well-groomed, Onew-ssi! You don't know when you might just meet your future wife! Ahaha!" Laughing, Hodong walked away from Onew.

After the recording, the boys made their way back to their dorm.

"Hyung, let's go out to eat!" Taemin said hitting Onew's arm.

"Where do you wanna eat?"

"Hmmm...."

Key jumped in and shouted, "I want to eat Chinese tonight!" Knowing how Key was, they all agreed to go to the Chinese restaurant Key suggested. It was a new restaurant that had just opened up. It was very fancy and huge inside. The workers were mostly Chinese, but there were a few Koreans there. Sitting at a round table, the boys looked around to see that they were the only customers.

Jonghyun looked over at Key and said, "Are you sure the food here is good?" Key scoffed and answered, "How should I know? This is my first time here!" They glared at Key as Key shrugged his shoulders. A waitress walked over and asked, "Since you are the only ones here tonight, the chef has prepared something special for you all. We hope you do not mind." The boys smiled and nodded.

"Are you all ready to order?" She asked. Key quickly answered her, "Yes, please." After they all had ordered their food, the waitress made her way back to the kitchen. When they recieved their food, they began eating it.

"Hm, this is good!" Jonghyun nodded as he continued stuffing his mouth. Key stuffed a shrimp in his mouth and said, "Of course. I told you so." Minho looked up at Key. "Yah, you said you never ate here before. Why are you speaking as if you have?" Ignoring what Minho had said, Key took another shrimp.

Then looking up, Key asked, "But...what's the special thing that the chef prepared for us?" Suddenly, the kitchen door opened and the waitress brought out a plate of fortune cookies. Walking over to them, she told the boys, "These were prepared specifically for you all. Please enjoy and come back soon!" Placing the fortune cookies on the table, the waitress walked away. Key was the first to grab a cookie and then Taemin followed.

"I wonder what my fortune will say!" Taemin said as he cracked open the cookie. Taking the piece of paper, he began reading it outloud, "Don't stop at every stop sign you run into. If you don't, you'll run into good fortune." Taemin's face grew with excitement. "You hear that, guys?!"

"It'll only come true if you eat the cookie too!" Key yelled at Taemin. Taemin laughed nervously and took the cookie off his empty plate. Jonghyun looked at his fortune and began talking with the cookie hanging out of his mouth, "Ah, rook! Wrine ish vary gud thoo!" They looked at him disgusted. "Yah, yah, yah. Could you not talk like that? That's gross, "Key scolded Jonghyun as Jonghyun laughed stuffing the cookie into his mouth.

"I said, mine is very good too! It says that I'll obtain new skills that can further my career!" Jonghyun said excitingly. He then added, "This is actually really relevant right now, because I've been thinking about trying out some rock music! Yeah?!" Uninterested, the boys looked away from Jonghyun. Taemin looked over to Onew and asked, "What about yours, hyung?"  Onew glanced at Taemin and then back at the cookies on the plate. Reaching over to grab one, Onew jokingly said, "I hope I'll be blessed with lots of money!" They chuckled at his lame joke and waited for him to read his.

When he opened it, he took out the piece of paper and read it.

"You will meet your dream girl."

For a moment, there was an awkward silence and then a burst of laughter. Holding his stomach while laughing, Key said to Onew, "Dream girl! Hahaha! How cheesy is that?!" Minho pointed to Onew and tried to stop laughing but he managed to only say, "Onew's dream girl??"

"Yah, what's so funny about my dream girl? Why are you guys laughing so hard??" Onew asked them

Jonghyun curiously asked while still chuckling, "So-so Onew-hyung, what is your dream girl like?" Onew looked away trying to think of it. After awhile, he looked back at Jonghyun and answered, "You know, I don't really know. Hahaha!"  The boys nodded and stopped laughing at him.

"Okay, you guys ready to go?" Key asked as he slowly put on his jacket. Jonghyun grabbed his phone from the table and answered, "I am." Onew quickly finished the cookie and stood up ready to go.

My dream girl...I wonder what she's like. I mean, isn't that something I was supposed to know myself? All this time, I've only had eyes for Jinhee. She was my dream girl, but you see, she wasn't a dream. She was real. She wasn't a dream....How do I...forget something that wasn't a dream?

That night, as he got ready for bed, he suddenly felt extremely tired. Leaning on the bathroom door as he waited for Key and Taemin to finish brushing their teeth, he began falling asleep. Almost falling over, he caught his balance and looked up to see Key and Taemin staring at him. "Hyung, are you okay?" Taemin asked walking over to him. Waving his arms out, Onew tried to play it off by laughing tiredly. "I'm okay! I'm just really tired. I think I'll have to skip this whole...cleaning process...tonight..." Onew slowly wobbled out of the bathroom and to his bedroom. Plopping flat on his front on his bed, he fell quickly asleep.

Hmmmm....what is this sweet scent....?....The air feels so light...Did someone turn on the humidfyer?

His eyes slowly opened. Brightness filled the room. It was unusual for sunlight to be shining in their dorm's bedroom because there were not much windows except for one by Minho's bed. That window was too small to let in such a bright sunlight in. The covers he slept in felt like feathers that covered him softly. Smiling to himself from the comfort he felt, he opened his eyes and saw a girl's sleeping face next to his. He gasped and quickly covered his mouth not wanting to wake the girl up.

Who's this girl?! WHERE AM I?! WHAT"S GOING ON HERE?!!

To make things worse, he looked at the hand covering his mouth and noticed a golden ring.

Not just on any finger, but his ring finger.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the comments and subscriptions, gaiz! I rly appreciate it!

Next chapter should be up by tonight too. If not, then tomorrow morning. Lol.