This Heart was Already Yours 12

This Heart Was Already Yours

---------------------------------------------------------------------

So the only reason why Jinhee didn't want to be with me was because I was a celebrity?...A celebrity who is work-dedicated, who's heart belongs to everyone, who is always too busy to be with someone they love? If I had won Suji's heart...would she feel the same towards me like how Jinhee feels towards her husband? I...don't want that....

Taemin walked into the kitchen and saw Onew sitting at the table drinking water. "Oh, hyung! What are you doing?" Onew snapped out of his daydream world and turned to Taemin. With a smile, Onew answered, "I'm just drinking water!" Taemin sat down on the seat across from him and said, "You seem to be thinking a lot nowadays. Are you still thinking about your future wife??" Chuckling, Onew replied, "Am I that easy to read?" Taemin nodded waiting for his real answer.

"I am always thinking about her...Even if I'm trying not to think about her so much, it makes me think more about her."

"You're really that serious about her, hyung?"

Smiling to himself, he answered, "Yep." Taemin adjusted himself in the chair and asked, "But if you're so serious about her...why aren't you going around trying to find her and be with her?? Isn't that what you do when you're in love?"

"I...really want to, Taemin, but...I can't. She'll think I'm a bother or I'll cause problems for her..."

Looking at Onew, Taemin felt a little bad. Onew was truly a man who had fallen in love.

At a time like this, I should be thinking about what Jinhee had told me, right? I don't know if she expected me to be happy when she told me....because I...wasn't.

"I think I like you, oppa..."

With a blank expression written over his face, he sat on that bench not knowing how to react.

"I know it's weird for you to hear this from me since I'm married already, but...after you told me your feelings for me, I couldn't stop thinking about you. Please, I ask of you...don't let go of those feelings. I want to keep them."

He swallowed hard as she stared at him as if pleading with her eyes. After waiting for him to speak, she finally said, "You don't have to tell me your answer now...but I will be waiting for it...I have to get going now..."

I wondered how it would've felt if she had told me that before she had gotten married. Would I have been the happiest man alive or would I still have felt the same as now? It's strange that I had liked Jinhee for so long and yet all of the feelings I had for her was already gone. I hadn't known Suji at all, but...I feel like nothing can change how I feel about her.

Key sat at a table and waited for her to go on her break. Sipping his coffee, he looked up and saw her walking over to him. He smiled and said, "About time. I was getting really bored over here."

"I'm sorry..."

"I'm just kidding! Here, sit down." He moved his stuff out of the way. She slowly sat down on the seat across from him. Staring at her, Key said, "So you're...the infamous...future wife of Lee Jinki, huh?" Suji blushed not knowing what to say, because she did not know what he was talking about.

"Han Suji...How old are you?"

"I am nineteen years old."

"Oh! Then you're as old as me!"

She smiled a nodded. He stopped and studied her more. Then he said, "You know, it's weird though. Hyung's ideal girl isn't normally a girl like you. You're so shy and quiet."

Awkwardly, she answered Key, "I only talk when I have something to say." Key leaned over interested. "I like that..." The girl looked away chuckling.

Let's see...Jonghyun, Minho and Taemin had all gone to a recording. Key is out somewhere and I am by myself today. Where should I go?

Suddenly, his phone began ringing. He took it out and saw that it was Jinhee calling him. Putting the phone back in his pocket, he went out for a walk.

Is it wrong that I didn't pick up her call? Especially having her tell me she likes me? It'll be wrong of me to continue talking to her though, because if I was her husband, I wouldn't be happy. Maybe it's best if I avoid talking to her for a few days...though she'll be mad at me...I think it'll be worth it.

On the sidewalk wearing a black sweater and black skinny jeans, he hid himself well from the public eye.

"Tell me, what do you think of Onew-oppa?" Key asked playfully.

Suji thought for awhile and answered, "He's...a swee-"

"A sweet guy? Yah! That's what everyone says!" Key shouted at her. "What else? Do you like him?"

Getting more nervous, she began scrunching up.

Key noticed how nervous she was getting and began poking her arm saying, "You like him, don't you? Don't you?!" He laughed at her knowing the answer. Suji finally built up the courage to say, "It's not that!" Key stopped and asked, "Then what is it?"

"...Onew-ssi is a really nice guy...but...even if I was to return the feelings back...the feelings won't stay long", she softly answered him.

"Why won't they stay long though? Do you mean your heart is always changing?"

"I don't know...I actually have never loved anyone to know."

"So you're just assuming that would happen then?"

Suji nodded slowly.

Walking by the coffee shop, Onew stopped to see someone familiar looking inside. It was Key and someone else. Onew ran to the side of the shop and peeked in.

Why is Key meeting girls at a time like this?? Don't he know it's dangerous?!....Wait...the...girl...looks like...Suji.

Key stared at her intently and asked, "...Why are you so afraid to love?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------