This Heart was Already Yours 8

This Heart Was Already Yours

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yah, yah, yah, you're not supposed to sleep at a wedding! Hahaha, what's wrong with you??" The man said as he sat down in front of the girl.

Onew quickly looked away and tried calming his heart down.

Calm down, Jinki. Are you really going to start thinking that every girl you see is your future wife? But...it's not like I've said that about any other girl...No! Listen to yourself! Stop making excuses. She's not her. She doesn't have long beautiful hair....or any other characteristics of her.

"I'm not feeling well, Munhee-ssi." The girl complained.

"Did you want to go home?"

"...I'll go on my own. Don't worry about it."

"I'll send you home!"

"No, it's fine. I can go on my own."

The girl stood up and grabbed her purse. The man stood up after and grabbed her shoulders saying, "I'll send you home. It's late out. It won't be safe for a girl to be taking the bus alone." Onew turned and looked at them. Watching the girl brush the man's hands away, Onew couldn't help but wonder if they were a couple or not.

"It's fine, really. You stay, okay? If my friend walked out on my wedding party, I would be very upset."

The man took her words and nodded. The girl finally walked away.

S-should I....No. It would freak her out....but if I don't go after her....I would definitely regret it.

Setting down the glass of sparkling wine, Onew stood up and walked after the girl. When he got outside, he looked around for the girl. She wasn't anywhere to be found. Sighing, he leaned against the railing on the stairs.

Maybe...she wasn't her. This is just another way of fate saying that I need to wait longer, right?

Suddenly, he heard the door of the building open. He didn't think much of it since he was too busy thinking about his dream girl. Footsteps came closer and when he looked up, he saw the girl. The girl shyly glanced at him and then away.

Oh...I must've...walked out too fast or something...She's still here.

Onew didn't know what to do. His heart began beating fast and his mind was going blank.

What do I do? What do I do?? Should I...say something??  Where is Key when you need him?! I need to be more like Key when it comes to situation like these. I need to be more confident.

He saw something on the ground sparkling in the light. It had been an earring. He seemed to had been in luck. Running over, he picked it up and looked at the girl.

"U-umm, excuse me!"

The girl stopped and slowly turned around. His heart felt like it was going to jump out of his chest. He never felt so anxious before. Pretending that he was confident, he walked closer to her asking, "Is this yours?" He felt his fingers twitch as she stood closely in front of him. She looked at his hand. With her hand, she reached over to one side of her ear to touch it. Suddenly, he heard the same lovely sound of his future wife's laughter come out of the girl's mouth. His heart stopped as if hoping that time would have stopped also. The girl looked up at him and the memories from his dream flashed back. As much as he wanted to grab her and bury her into his chest, he realized this was reality. He'd scare her away if he had done so.

"Thank you. I hadn't even notice. Hehehe." She said as she laughed tiredly. Her fingers lightly touched his hand to grab the earring. Even though she had seemed so tired and sick, her charms kept Onew's eyes on her. The smallest expressions the girl showed him brought him back to the girl in his dream.

This isn't a dream. I'm not dreaming, am I??! This pretending to be confident seems to be working. Should I continue the act?

The girl then continued walking away. When she reached the bus stop, the bus was already coming. In truth, she was a bit scared. There could be thieves or rapists out here at night. She climbed onto the bus and was about to pay when she saw an arm reach over putting in four dollar coins. Startled, she looked next to her to see Onew. A small gasp escaped as she quickly moved away from him. She sat down watching Onew walk over and sit behind her. Finally, she turned to him and asked, "Are you stalking me home?"

He laughed knowing she would say that and answered, "I can't let a girl be by herself at this hour."

"I can take care of myself..."

He leaned his chin on the back of the chair next to her and said, "Well, I like you." The girl's cheeks turned bright red as she heard him say that. She tried to hide it by forcing out a laugh saying, "You don't even know me! How can you say such things??"

"I know that you were at the same wedding I was at and that you weren't from the bride's side."

The girl smiled at his cleverness and said, "Should you be following a girl home....Onew-oppa?"

"Eh? You know me?" He said as he tried to control his fluttering heart.

"I'm not a fan, don't get me wrong. It's just Shinee is quite popular these days."

"I'm flattered! Ahaha!"

She smiled and brushed her hair behind her ear. Onew couldn't keep his eyes off of her. This was real. This was his future wife he was talking to. He couldn't feel anymore happier.

"Should I take a celebrity's words seriously?"

Onew's eyebrows raised and he quickly said, "Of course! I'm trustworthy." The girl laughed at him, weakening his heart even more.

Hearing it in real life is even more lovely. I can't believe it. Even though her hair is a lot shorter and her face is much more baby-faced, I know it's her. Now that I think about it, since she looks young...she looks about...Key or Minho's age.

She said without looking at him, "Since you're a celebrity, I'll take your word for it." Onew smiled shyly scratching the back of his head.

When they arrived to her stop, they got off and he walked her to her house. Stopping in front of a small house, she turned to him and bowed. "Thank you for dropping me off at home. Be safe on your way back."

"It's not a problem. I wanted to!"

The girl stared at him curiously and asked, "Why did you want to? As a celebrity, aren't you always too busy to be a gentleman?"

Without looking at her, he answered, "Because...I like you..." Slowly, he looked up at her. She was no longer looking at him. The darkness had luckily hid her reddened face from him.

"I'm sorry, but I have no interest in relationships...I'm flattered, really, but I'm sorry I can't return the feelings." 

I didn't let what she said bring me down. What she didn't know was that...whether she liked it or not, she was going to end up marrying me anyways! It just looks like I'll have to win her heart some how.

She began walking towards the entrance of her house.

"Wait! What's your name?!" Onew shouted from afar.

The girl turned her head and answered, "Suji...Han Suji."

---------------------------------------------------------------------