This Heart was Already Yours 11

This Heart Was Already Yours

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"What the hell happened to you?"

Jonghyun asked Onew as Onew walked into the dorm soaking wet. Taemin looked and said, "He decided that since he didn't shower this morning, he might as well shower in the rain!" Jonghyun and Minho gave Onew a disgusted face.

"I did shower!"

Key walked into the room and saw Onew's condition. "Yah, how old are you to be playing in the rain??"

"I wasn't playing in the rain! I was on my way home and it started raining. Luckily, I bumped into my future wife and we had a small tal-"

"Wait, what? You bumped into your future wife?" Key asked.

"Yeah...."

He managed to step away from her. She moved away from the wall and nervously looked up at him. Brushing her wet hair out of her face, she said, "I should go now...." Before he could tell her to go with him to the dorm and wait for the rain to die down, she had already ran off.

I know it sounds a bit extreme when I saw that I love her, but...it's the truth. I can't tell her, because I'll scare her away. I already know that it might be hopeless to make her fall for me, but I want to see where this will take me.

After he had gotten out of the shower, he saw that the rain had stopped.

I wonder if she made it home okay...How do I check? I don't even have her number! Should I run over to her place--No, that would make me look crazy. What should I do??

"Yah, she made it home safely, okay?"

Startled, Onew turned to the couch and saw Key sitting there eating ice cream.

"W-what are you talking abou-"

"You're standing over there not saying anything. What else could be on your mind?"

Onew smiled nervously and walked over to Key. "I'm hopeless...I know", he told Key in a serious tone. Weirded out, Key looked at Onew and asked, "Are you okay...?"

"How do I get someone to fall in love with me?"

Key stared as Onew scoffed and ran his fingers through his damped hair. In a way, Key felt sorry for the poor guy, but he also wanted to help. He just didn't know where to start.

After a recording, Jonghyun, Onew, and Key decided to go out for some ice cream before heading back to the dorm. Walking into an ice cream shop, they ordered their ice cream and ate it on the tables that were set up outside of the shop. Jonghyun looked at Key and asked, "What's your flavor?" Key answered indifferently, "Strawberry. Yours?" Satisfied with what he had chose, Jonghyun said, "Vanilla!" Key's face scrunched up hearing the answer.

"What?! Why are you looking at me like that??"

"Vanilla doesn't taste like anything..."

Key said as he took a small bite of his ice cream. Laughing, Jonghyun replied, "Well, you know me, I don't like sweets very much! What about you, hyung?? What did you get?"

Staring at his ice cream as if trying to remember what it was, Onew answered unsurely, "Banana chocolate?" Key and Jonghyun chuckled at him. In disbelief, Key asked Onew, "Yah! How can you forget what you ordered?! Hahaha!"

"I-I don't know. I just knew that I wanted ice cream..."

When they finally continued their way back, Key made them stop so he can get a coffee. Instead of going in with Key, Jonghyun and Onew stayed outside waiting for him. Approaching the cashier, Key noticed that the cashier seemed familiar.

"Welcome! What would you be having today?"

She gave him a soft smile that told him that she wasn't quite sociable. Without responding, he stared at her name tag. Finally, he said, "Han Suji...?"

Suji raised her eyebrows and asked, "Yes?..."

"Do you, by any chance, know....Onew?"

When she had realized who she was talking to, her eyes widened not knowing what to say to Key. From the look on her face, Key knew exactly what the answer was. "Ah, so you ARE the girl...", Key smiled mischievously adding on, "Should I tell him that you're here?" His head turned towards the window showing Suji where Onew was. Key turned back and said, "I'm just kidding! If I told him right now, he would cause trouble for you and me."

After Key had gotten his coffee, he told Suji, "Suji-ssi...I'll be back again, okay?" She nodded and watched him walk out the door. Though it didn't seem like it, but she was a little bit excited to see Onew.

The next day, they were called to the company to have a quick meeting. After the meeting, Onew had recieved a call. It was Jinhee.

"Oh, Jinhee! What is it?"

"Oppa! Are you free today??"

"Huh? Why?

"I want to to hang out with you again! Like old times, you know?"

Not wanting to reject her, he agreed to meet up with her.

At the park, he found her sitting at a bench waiting for him. When she noticed him, she quickly stood up and smiled. He asked while walking closer to her, "What's up? How was the honeymoon??" Blushing, she slightly hit his arm and answered, "Yah, I don't think you should be asking me about my honeymoon!" He realized that he was wrong and started laughing while defending himself from Jinhee's playful hits.

The two of them sat on the bench quietly. "You know...Jinki-oppa...", Jinhee said in a serious tone, "I was thinking....about that time when you told me about your feelings for me..." Feeling uneasy about where this conversation was heading, Onew looked at her from the corner of his eyes.

"I've always seen you as an older brother...and it has always been like that since we've met..."

Yeah, I know that already....

Jinhee then continued, "But...I...thought more about it....and...I don't  see you as an older brother anymore." Onew gave her a friendly smile and blanked rapidly wondering what she was going to say next.

She sees me as her father, doesn't she? I don't really mind, but I don't think I can be a father to anyone.

She sighed and scratched her neck nervously. Without looking at him, she asked, "Okay, so...Hyunshik is a really busy man, you know?" Onew nodded even though he knew she wasn't looking at him. "So that means he's always at work, right?" She rhetorically asked again. Not getting where she was going at, he pursed his lips and nodded anyways.

"Well...I...oppa....you're the same too, right? Especially since you're a celebrity..."

"Uhh, y-yeah. I guess you can say that..."

"To be honest...I avoided a relationship with you because you were a celebrity."

Taken aback, Onew couldn't even look over at her. She slowly turned her body to him and said, "I know that's a ridiculous reason, but being a celebrity's girlfriend would be hard. They'll always be too busy and they're always in another country. I couldn't deal with that, so I thought that if I dated a normal guy I would have a normal life that every girl would want....but it's the same thing as being married to a celebrity!"

He couldn't find any words to say, so he just smiled nervously at her. Calmed down, Jinhee softly said, "Hyunshik is always too busy for me....but...you're not." His smile slowly disappeared as he stared at her wondering if she was being serious or not.

She bit her lips and said, "I know it's not right for a married girl like me to say this...but...I think I like you, oppa."

---------------------------------------------------------------------