This Heart was Already Yours 6

This Heart Was Already Yours

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On his bed, Onew looked around breathing hard. Remembering his hands in the dream, he quickly looked down at them and saw that they were his normal hands. Taemin sat up and rubbed his eyes asking, "Hyung, did you have a nightmare?" Onew looked beside him and stared at Taemin for awhile. He reached over and grabbed Taemin's face. Startled, Taemin was fully awake staring at Onew wondering what he was doing.

"Y-you're real, right?!"

Taemin's eyes wondered away nervously and said, "Are you okay, hyung? Hey, guys! Onew-hyung is crazy now! Get him away from me! He's got me in a death hold!" Hearing Key groan angrily, Taemin smiled feeling relieved.

"Arrgh! What's up with you guys today?!"

Onew let go of Taemin's face and got off the bed. He looked at the boys as if trying to remember their faces. Jonghyun, Taemin and Key sat up watching him. Picking at his eye crusts, Jonghyun asked, "Dude, what are you doing??" Onew wanted to see if he really was back in the real world and asked them, "What day was it yesterday?!" Taemin answered without hesitation, "It was Thursday. Why?"

"What day is it today?!"

Key sighed loudly and shouted, "What's wrong with you?! If yesterday was Thursday, then today is obviously Friday!"

"What year is it?!"

More annoyed, Key answered, "2011, idiot! 2011! Did someone hit your head or something?!"

"What did we do yesterday?!"

Key looked away with his palm to his face. Taemin decided to answer for him saying, "We went to eat at that Chinese restaurant, hyung! It was really yummy!"

It finally hit him. Trying to explain it to them, Onew said, "That's right....last night after eating their food, I had that really strange dream!" Taemin became curious and asked, "What dream?"

"I had a dream I went into the future and I met my future wife!"

Key laughed as he climbed off his bed. "Your future wife? Tch..."

"Yeah! My future wife! She was really cute and pretty and-"

"Wow, your dream seems so unrealistic..." Jonghyun said as he also climbed out of his bed.

With his mouth wide open, Onew couldn't believe that they were being this way towards him.

"Who was your future wife?" Taemin asked Onew.

Come to think of it...I never....asked.

His eyes widened with his mouth. Taemin's eyebrows scrunched up as he stared at Onew's expression. Key walked towards the bathroom saying, "It doesn't matter anyways. It's just a dream."

That's right...it was...just a dream.....

During the whole day, Onew was quiet. All he could think about was the girl in his dream. Who was she? Even though he saw her face so clearly in his dream, he couldn't put on a name on it.

"Your phone is ringing", Minho said as he walked by Onew. Onew looked down beside him at his phone.

"Hello?"

"Oppa!"

Hearing the familiar voice, Onew figured out it was Jinhee. "Ah, Jinhee. What is it?" From the tone of his voice, Jinhee asked in a worried voice, "Yah, what's wrong? You don't sound like how you usually sound. Is something wrong?"

"What? Nothing's wrong."

"...Are you sure...?"

"Yeah. What is it? What are you calling me for?"

Jinhee paused and then said, "Well, I was wondering if you're free today, we can meet up!"

"Umm, maybe not today. Sorry, Jinhee..."

Shocked, Jinhee went silent. After that, they said their goodbyes and hung up. He didn't mean to sound like how he did on the phone with her. There was just so many things on his mind right now.

Maybe...something caused me to have that dream I had. Don't they say that you usually dream about things that happened or were on your mind before falling asleep? Let's see...I was thinking about...the....OH! THE RESTAURANT!...But there wasn't much that happened at the restaurant...

"Hyung, what is this doing here...?" Onew looked to see Minho wearing the jacket Onew wore yesterday. Minho was holding out a piece of paper. Snatching it from Minho, Onew exclaimed, "The fortune!" Minho stood there for a moment wondering if he should ask Onew if he was okay, but he decided not to and left. Onew stared at the paper. It was blank. Turning it over to the other side, there was a few small red letters. He squinted his eyes hoping he'll be able to read it, but gave up and went to find Key.

"You need a what? A mop hanger?" Key asked as he flipped through a magazine tossing peanuts in his mouth.

"I said a magnifying glass. Magnifying!"

"Why do you need it?"

"Because remember the dream-"

"Would I really care?"

Onew looked away sighing from the obvious answer. After Key handed Onew the magnifying glass, Onew ran off with it to the coffee table in front of the tv. Taemin sat on the couch with Jonghyun watching a show. Taemin glanced over at Onew but his attention was pulled away when Jonghyun began laughing at what happened on the tv. Studying the red letters, Onew could see it more clearly than before.

"It's....just the restaurant's address....I'm back to square one." Sighing, he slouched over .

That night, before drifting into his sleep, he had secretly hoped that he would go back into that dream world and meet the girl again. He wanted to ask her for a name and all of the information he needed in order to see if the girl was even real or not. She seemed real enough in his dream.

"Onew-hyung...Did you have a dream of that made-up girl again?" Taemin asked as he slipped his feet into a sock.

"No...and she's not made-up!"

Taemin chuckled at Onew and left the room after finishing putting his sock on.

In the evening, Key, Onew and Minho were headed to the radio station. Key glanced at Onew and saw how quiet he was. "Onew-hyung...Are you still upset over a girl?" Slowly, Onew looked up at Key and said, "Yes...but it's not the same girl as before." Minho jumped into the conversation saying, "Dang, how many girls do you have in your life?!" Key laughed with Minho while Onew stared at them not saying anything. Key then said, "Don't tell me the girl now is the girl from your dreams?" Onew's face tensed up and he looked away. Knowing the answer, Key began laughing again saying, "Onew-hyung! I didn't know you were this kind of guy!"

During the radio broadcast, the host had began asking questions about Shinee. The host noticed how zoned out Onew was and asked, "Onew-ssi. What's on your mind? You seem to be distracted! Hahaha." Key looked over at Onew and added, "Onew has been very strange lately!" Onew shook his head and said, "No, I've been the same! Really!" Ignoring Onew's comment, the host asked Key, "How has he been strange, Key-ssi?? Please, tell us!" Key let out a laughter and said, "Well, just the other morning, he woke up screaming "NOOO!" waking us all up from our nice sleep!" The host turned to Minho and asked, "Really, that happened?" Minho laughed along and nodded saying, "Yeah, but that's not the strange part. He was telling us about his dream girl." Gasping in excitement, the host asked Onew, "What's your dream girl like, Onew-ssi?!" Onew smiled nervously and decided to answer the host.

"Well...she...has long pretty hair. Nice hands...and she's really elegant!"

Everyone stared at Onew looking a little disappointed in his description. He shrugged his shoulder and said, "Yeah. That's my dream girl!"

My dream girl....her face is slowly disappearing from my mind. Maybe...I should...let her go...