This Heart was Already Yours 1

This Heart Was Already Yours

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah crap! I'm gonna be late! She's going to be so mad at me!!

Fixing his hair before walking into the small restaurant, he saw her already sitting there waiting for him. Quickly, he ran in almost tripping on the carpet.

OH SH-

He luckily caught his balance and waddled on over to her. Startled, she turned around and saw him leaning on the table out of breath.

"Yah, why are you always late??" She asked nervously with her hand on her heart, still shocked to see him behind her.

Onew made his way over to the seat across from her and sat down. "Yeah, I'm sorry...I'm late...Key made me move a box for him." The girl with long black hair chuckled at him. "Key-ssi is very bossy, isn't he??" Onew laughed and nodded. "It's okay, because that's just his nature. He's not doing it on purpose or anything."

You must be wondering who this girl is...She is my friend from high school. Her name is Chae Jinhee. Even though I'm a celebrity right now, we still keep in touch. To be honest, I have been in love with her for a long time now. The reason why I haven't told her is because she hadn't shown any interest in me. I feel like she treats me like her older brother or something. Plus, she's always dating guys. I don't want to ruin our friendship just because of my selfish feelings...but I wish to tell her someday...

"So where's your boyfriend?" Onew asked curiously. Jinhee laughed with one hand slightly covering . Then she answered, "He's working. He's a very busy guy, you know?"

"Tch, oh, and I'm not?? Ahahaha."

"But you can't be too busy for me! It won't be right!"

"Yah, you're taking advantage of me..."

They laughed at each other and stopped when the waitress brought over food. Onew looked up at Jinhee and asked, "Oh, you ordered food?" Jinhee nodded and picked up her fork.

Oh, I hope I brought my wallet with me...I need to pay for her.

Feeling around his pants pocket, he felt his wallet in the back pocket. He smiled out of relief. Jinhee gave him a weird look and shook her head.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that??" He asked her. Chuckling, Jinhee ate her pasta salad. "You're just so weird, Onew-oppa."

She was always laughing at me and I couldn't help it but like it. When she called me weird, I was happy to know that I was. There were times where I felt as though being like this was good enough. I didn't need to tell her my feelings...but then there would be times where I felt like I wanted more than just this. What would she do if I told her how I felt? Would she return the feelings back?...

After Jinhee finished her plate of food, she dabbed her lips with a napkin and looked up at him. "Oppa, I should get back to Hyunshik's workplace now! You got me, right??" When she said that, he knew what she meant. It was her way of saying that she wanted him to pay for the bill. He forced out a laughter and nodded saying, "You don't have to tell me! You know I always do! Haha!"

"Thank you, oppa! See you later!" Grinning, he watched her as she walked out. He slowly slipped out of his chair and walked up to the front desk to pay.

"YAH, LEE JINKI!"

Hearing that as he walked into the dorm, he quickly duck as a thin book came flying at the door. Key walked over with an angry expression on his face. Onew slowly looked up at Key and smiled nervously. "Oh, Kibum..."

"Don't "Oh Kibum" me! You didn't help me move the boxes! Where did you go?! Did you go meet that girl again?? That girl who already has a boyfriend??"

"Key-hyung, stop being mean to hyung..." Onew and Key looked over to see Minho walking over to the kitchen for a glass of water. Key turned his attention towards Minho saying, "As if you helped!" Moving the cup away from his mouth, Minho looked at Key and replied, "I did! What are you talking about?!?" Both Onew and Minho watched as Key walked back to the bedroom. Cautiously, Onew stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

"I feel bad for whoever marries him..." Minho said as he took another sip of water. They could hear Key shouting from the bedroom at Minho. They couldn't hear him clearly, so they just shrugged their shoulders at eachother.

Relaxing on the couch, Onew laid his head back with his eyes closed and let out a loud sigh.

I wonder how long her relationship will last with this Hyunshik guy...The last guy she dated was only...a month? This guy, she's been dating for about six months now, right? Did she really like him? What was so good about this guy? After her relationship with him, I'm definitely going to tell her how I feel. I really want her to know and I really want to be with her....She's all I could ever think about...

"Hyung!"

Startled, Onew quickly sat up and stared at Taemin, who leaned on the couch like a kid.

"O-Oh, Taemin...What is it?" Onew asked as he fixed his shirt. Taemin smiled and answered, "Your phone's ringing." Standing up, he looked at Taemin and ran to the bedroom.

"Oi, oi!! What are you doing?!" Key shouted as Onew pushed him to the side. Sitting on the bed with headphones on, Jonghyun looked at Onew as Onew shoved the blankets around on the bed. Jonghyun took off his headphones and put down his notebook. "Your phone is in the bathroom...what are you doing??" Onew looked at Jonghyun and ran to the bathroom. Seeing his phone on the sink counter, he reached for it and answered, "Hello?!"

"Ahh! Why are you screaming??" A girl's voice came through.

"Jinhee! What do you want? Haha."

"Oppa, do you have time right now?!" Her voice seemed hoarse. He knew something was wrong.

"Of course! Do you want me to meet up with you??"

"Yes!"

"Alright, I'll be right there! Where are you??"

After getting the information, he quickly headed out.

Maybe that Hyunshik guy broke up with her or maybe she caught him cheating! Could this be my chance to...win her heart??

When he arrived at the place to meet Jinhee, it was at a park. She was standing by the streetlight waiting. Quickly, he ran to her.

"Jinhee!" He shouted as he ran towards her. "Onew-oppa! You're finally here!"

Something's strange...she's not crying...nor does she look sad...She looks...happy...no, overjoyed....Why?

Slowly, he came to a stop in front of her. Nervously, he asked, "What is it that you called me here for....?" Suddenly, Jinhee burst into tears. She quickly covered her face. Onew panicked with his arms waving around not knowing if he should hold her or not. Looking at her, his movement suddenly came to a stop. The cars, the crickets, Jinhee's crying became quiet. His eyes laid still on a small shining light from her finger that shined everytime the streetlight hit it.

Could that be...No...It couldn't be...

"Hyunshik asked me to marry him, oppa!"

His fantasy of being with her had came to an abrupt stop and it was all because of one ring. One diamond ring.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked it so far!~ :DDD In case you were wondering, the italics are Onew's pov.

Thank you for reading! Comments are very appreciated!