This Heart was Already Yours 7

This Heart Was Already Yours

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm happy you can come with me today."

Jinhee said as they walked along side of the sidewalk staring at the wide river. Onew had his hands in his pocket not saying much. She sighed and asked, "What's up with you lately, oppa? You've not been smiling a lot. Did something happen?" Shaking his head, he said, "It's nothing...really." Unsure of his answer, Jinhee continued asking him, "Is it because...I'm getting married?" With that, Onew looked up at her. They stopped as Onew stared at her for a minute. Feeling awkward, Jinhe added, "I mean, I'm not trying to say that you like me, because I know you don't, but ever since I told you that I was getting married, you-"

"It's not because of that...I've...liked you ever since the first year of high school. I thought my feelings for you would eventually run out, but every time I was with you, they grew stronger."

Her face began turning red. She looked away from his stare.

"I've always wanted to be with you...as lovers, not as friends. I never got the chance, because you were too busy with other guys to had notice my feelings for you."

"But, oppa-"

"I don't blame you, Jinhee. I blame myself for being such a coward. I should've told you sooner...but I don't regret not telling you."

Jinhee looked back up at him wondering what he meant by that last sentence.

"I'm glad I didn't confess my feelings...I'm glad how things fell into place like this, because right now...those feelings worth of seven years had all disappeared in one night. My heart that once wished it was yours was stolen by a girl I don't even know. A girl I don't even know where to find...that's why I've been like this. What I'm feeling now...has nothing to do with you."

Looking down at the ground, he said, "I should get going...Take care." Jinhee was speechless. In a way, she felt her heart break a little.

From the kitchen, Taemin and Key turned to see Onew walking in. Taemin ran over to him saying, "Oh, hyung! We're making noodles! You want some??" Taking off his shoes, Onew said in a tired voice, "Yeah..." Taemin watched as Onew finished taking his shoes off and asked, "What's wrong?" Key walked over with a stirring spoon in his hand and leaned on the wall near the two.

"I...confessed to Jinhee." Onew stood up straight and stared into space. Taemin chuckled nervously wondering if he was supposed to laugh or not. Key asked, "You confessed to that girl?" Onew nodded and said, "It wasn't really like a confession...because I didn't want a relationship after it." Both Taemin and Key gave him a confused look. Then Taemin asked, "Why did you confess then...?"

"Well, I guess I didn't really confess? I just...told the truth?"

Key raised an eyebrow and said, "So...you were just getting that off your chest?"

"Exactly!"

"Why?"

Onew looked down thinking if he should tell them the whole story or not.

"Okay...so I haven't been perfectly honest with you guys."

He sensed Key getting angry but he continued, "...Jinhee told me that she was engaged to her boyfriend and that they were going to get married as soon as possible. After that, I felt pretty down about it because I liked her. Then today, I told her that those feelings I had for her were all gone...I feel kind of bad."

Laughing, Key said, "Are you stupid? That's good you did that! I'm proud of you, hyung." Shocked that Key was actually praising him, Onew gave out a smile and nodded. Then Key added, "But you're pretty stupid for doing that so late." Onew's smile went away and he stood there staring at Key as Key walked away to attend the noodles. Taemin shrugged and followed Key.

If she was really just a dream, then it'll be easier for me to forget her...I want to find out the truth if she's real or not...but how?

Minho walked by and saw Onew sitting on the couch by himself. "Yo! Why do you keep leaving this paper in the jacket??" Onew turned to Minho and saw Minho holding on the piece of paper with the address to the restaurant.

"Eh? That again? But I didn't put it back in the jacket...how did-OHH!!! THE RESTAURANT! Minho!! My fortune! My fortune!"

Staring at Onew as if Onew was a mad man, Minho said, "Yeah, your fortune said something about meeting your dream girl...What about it?" Onew showed the piece of paper that once had that written on it and told him, "It's blank!!" Tilting his head to the side, Minho couldn't find a reason as to why it was blank. Onew suddenly ran out of the dorm with the piece of paper.

After arriving to the restaurant, he stood outside of it looking at it.  Walking in, he saw that the place looked a bit off. It didn't look as luxurious and big as it did the night they ate there. It seemed more like a small restaurant. Onew made his way towards the kitchen. A waitress came out of nowhere and stopped him from going any further.

"Sir, did you need something?"

Onew looked at the waittress and saw that she was pure Korean. "Umm, we came here on Thursday night. We ate here, but-"

The waitress nodded and said, "I see...Please wait here."

He waited there for the waittress to return. When she did, she handed him a letter and said, "This letter is for you. You must be special. Only a few people experience this." The waitress walked away from him. Taking the letter out as he stood on the side of the restaurant, he began reading it.

I hope you enjoyed your dream, Mr. Lee Jinki.

As I would've hoped, you came back. I assume you're here for answers.

What happened in your dream was based on events in your life. The people you met in your dream are actually real people that exists. We cannot dream of someone that we do not know, unless they are connected to you in some way.

I did not see what had happened in your dream, so I do not have specific answers for you.

You are now on your own to find your own answers. It has been a pleasure.

The letter strangely crumpled up and disappeared. Onew stared at his empty hands.

So...she's real??

"What? You need a reel?"

Back at the dorm, Onew was having a conversation with Key. "Arrgh, Key! Why don't you ever listen to me?! Dream girl! I said dream girl!" Onew yelled in frustration. With glaring eyes, Key turned to look at Onew and said, "Dream girl?? Get real, hyung! Just because Jinhee's getting married doesn't mean you can go crazy." Onew looked down saddened by what Key had said. Key felt quilty and decided to say, "I'm just kidding, Jinki-hyung, but why are you so desperate to find this girl you don't even know?"

"If I can't find her soon...I'll forget how she looks...Time is short...I want to be able to spend more time with her...so I have to find her as soon as possible."

"If she really is supposedly your future wife, don't you think you'll find her anyhow? Isn't that what people mean by fate or destiny or whatever they like to call it?"

"But I want to find her now."

Key stared at Onew and noticed how serious he was. Nervously, Key asked him, "How are you going to find her...?"

"I don't know...but...I hope to find her soon."

I'm not a man who easily falls in love. I'm not a man who looks forward to the day of my marriage...but this dream has driven me to wanting to become a man who wants to love only one girl...the one girl who is fated to be my wife. I've become a desperate man in love with someone whom I never knew even existed.

A few days later, he stood in front of the mirror adjusting his tie. His stylist grabbed the blazer and held it out for him to wear it. The stylist then asked, "It's your friend's wedding?" Onew smiled and nodded saying, "Yes, and I can't be late for her wedding. She'll be mad at me! Hahaha." Once he was done dressing up, he made his way out to the van waiting for him.

"Yah! Is that Jinki I see???"

Stepping out of the van, he turned and saw his old friends from high school. Smiling, he lifted one hand in the air waving at them. The girls ran over excitedly. The shorter girl jokingly exclaimed to him, "I can't believe Jinhee is getting married before us! She's younger than us!" Onew chuckled and replied, "It's okay! As long as you don't get married before I do!" The girl hit his arm and they began laughing.

They made their way inside the building where the wedding was being held. Onew looked around to see that a few people have already arrived. In the far left, he saw a girl with shoulder length hair sitting by herself.

"Jinki! Let's sit over here!"

Onew looked at his friends and followed them. After the ceremony was done, they made their way to the reception. As he sat at a table drinking the sparkling wine and chatting with a few friends, Onew looked over to a table away from him and saw that same girl he saw at the ceremony. She was sitting with a few other people, but she wasn't talking to them at all. The girl didn't seem shy, but she didn't seem talkative neither. He secretly watched the girl as the girl slowly rested her face on her hand.

Why am I so interested in this girl...? Who is she? Is she here for the groom? She couldn't be Jinhee's friend or cousin...

"Hey! Jinki! How are you doing over here?!"

A friend of his patted his shoulder. Onew looked at him and said, "I'm doing fine! Are you having fun??" The guy laughed and nodded. Then he told Onew, "Your suit sure looks expensive! Hahaha." Onew laughed along and said, "What can I say? Being a celebrity isn't easy~" When the friend finally left, Onew turned back to see the girl. Her eyes were closed.

Now that I look at her sleeping like that, she...looks familiar. She looks like.....

Suddenly, a man came running over to her. The man softly shook her arm to wake her up. Slowly, the girl opened her eyes. She looked up, directly catching eye contact with Onew. The innocent eyes, the pink lips, everything came to Onew's mind as the girl and him stared at eachother. His heart pounded loudly inside his chest.

...My wife.

---------------------------------------------------------------------