This Heart was Already Yours 10

This Heart Was Already Yours

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Trying to keep his eyes closed, Onew was hoping Key would leave him alone.

"Hyung, Key-hyung is calling for you..." Taemin said in a nervous voice. Onew opened one eye and looked at Taemin who was still standing by the door staring at him. He looked around to see that him and Minho were the only ones that were still asleep. Taemin shook his and told Onew, "It's already eight. Key-hyung, Jonghyun-hyung and I will be leaving at nine."

"Huh?? Where are you guys going??" Onew asked as he sat up on his bed rubbing his eyes.

"We have a recording! Don't you know that?"

"Oh...when will you guys be back?"

Taemin looked up at the ceiling thinking. Then he answered, "The recording should end around...12 o'clock. We shouldn't be long." Nodding, Onew got up and walked out of the room towards the bathroom.

"YAH!"

Key stomped over angrily to Onew.

"Did you hear what I said??"

Onew shook his head. Key rolled his eyes and sighed. "I said, go out and get some groceries while we're gone. I've made the last of everything we had for breakfast."

"What?? No. I don't wanna-"

"Then I guess you'll have to starve."

Four hours later

Walking out of the small grocery store in his gray sweatpants and blue t-shirt with a white sweater over it, Onew began making his way on home. Suddenly, he felt a small drop of water hit his face. He stopped and looked up at the sky.

Oh, darn...It's gonna rain...and I didn't bring an umbrella. Oh, well. The dorm's just right over there......across the street, then around the corner passed the park, and straight down.

The rain began pouring down as Onew stood there estimating how long it would take to get home.

AH! It's all Key's fault! He should've told me it was gonna rain!

Before he could even start running, an umbrella covered him from the rain. A little scared, he slowly turned his head and saw Suji. His eyes widened and his heart began racing.

Is this a dream??? THIS ISN'T REAL.

"Am I disturbing you...?" Her soft voice came into his head. Trying to calm down, he looked away from her and said, "N-no! Not at all!"

I look like crap. Why do I meet her at a time like this?!

Suji smiled and asked, "Did you need me to walk you home then?" He couldn't help it but smile hearing her offer. Without looking at her, he answered, "W-would you like to? Hahaha..." Slowly, he looked at her and saw her nodding.

As they walked across the street, silence filled the air. All they heard was the rain falling and hitting the ground. Suji then asked him, "Did you need help carrying those?" Onew smiled and shook his head saying, "No, it's fine! It's not heavy anyways! I'll be fine."

"I'm sorry if I had hurt your feelings the other night....I usually don't say those things, but it's just...I normally don't have celebrities confessing to me." She chuckled nervously.

Onew stared at her in awe and replied, "You don't have to apologize..." Looking up at him, she saw him softly smiling at her. She quickly looked away blushing. He then continued, "...I wasn't expecting you to tell me you felt the same way, because we don't even know each other well enough...but...I hope you don't mind me and my feelings towards you..." He stopped and so did she.

"Please don't take me as a joke just because of my name. I'm sorry if I'm coming on too strong. It's just...I don't know how else to show you that I'm serious when I say I like you..."

Suji avoided eye contact with him. She couldn't find anything to say to him. Slowly, she looked up hoping he'd look away from her by now, but she found her eyes being caught by his. Her cheeks turned and she quickly looked away to notice something else.

"Umm, Onew-ssi...I think...you have company."

Onew looked to where she was looking and saw about five girls standing there. One suddenly screamed out, "AH! IT IS ONEW-OPPA!! IT'S HIM! I KNOW IT!!!"

Oh...crap. Did they see or hear what just happened??

The other girl walked closer saying, "Onew-oppa! Do you remember me?? I was at your recent fansigning at Mochi Mall!" Suji couldn't escape, because she had been sharing the umbrella with him. Surprising enough, the fans didn't seem to care about Suji. They were so focused on Onew, it seemed as though Suji wasn't even there.

"It's raining! You girls should go home before you catch a cold!" Onew scolded them. They laughed and blushed.

"But oppa, this is rare that we get to see you!"

"I know, I know, but....it's not good to be out in the rain."

"Oppa...who is she?"

They pointed at Suji who was still standing there innocently. Onew's face died a little trying to come up with something.

"Are you on date with her, oppa?!"

He laughed nervously and answered them, "Uh, she's a...magazine editor! We were in the middle of an interview!"

"Why would you be doing an interview in those clothes?"

Okay....I don't know what else to say.

Grabbing Suji's hand that held the umbrella, he started running pulling her along with him. The umbrella fell down as they ran off. The fangirls began chasing after them shouting, "Tell us who she is, oppa!!" Suji looked at Onew to see he was smiling like an idiot.

"Yah! Why are you smiling?! You're being chased by your fans in the rain!"

He looked back at her and replied, "Because I'm running with you!" His grip on her hands tighten.

They ran to a corner to check and see if the fans were gone or not. He placed her against the wall and stood closely in front of her. He slowly peeked over the wall and saw that the fans were gone. Relieved, he looked back at Suji. He stopped abruptly to see her face close to his. Although he had intended to move, his feet wouldn't move an inch. His eyes began wondering across her damped face. Following a wet strand of hair on her cheek, it led his eyes to her lips. The urge of his lips wanting to touch hers was becoming more and more irresistable. 

As much as I want to kiss her, I know I can't. It would drive me more crazy about her. Thinking about her was already driving me mad, if I kiss her now....what would become of me? It's even hard for me to believe that I feel this way about someone I hardly know. The feelings are so strong that my heart goes wild every time she looks at me....She doesn't know it, does she? She doesn't know that this was no longer a situation where it's just "like"....I had already fallen for her. My heart was already hers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------