Chapter 7

Forever strangers [HIATUS]

[Author's POV]

 

*Nara-yah, how I wish I could spend this birthday with you, although it must be done in that creepy house..* Shin Yeong thought to herself.

It was Sunday, and it's her birthday as well. But she's going to spend the day without Nara, her one and only best friend.

It was her first birthday with Nara, after all. How could that man be so cruel!

 

Shin Yeong decided to stroll in the park to clear her mind.

She changed into her plain pink mini-dress and took her pink flats out. Yes, this was what Nara prepared for her 1 month ago for her birthday party. They were supposed to celebrate it together at the new Hello Kitty restaurant near the bubble tea shop, but now Nara isn't here. What can Shin Yeong do to entertain her herself during this special day then?

 

At the same time, Luhan was pacing back and forth in the practice room during the break. It's Shin Yeong's freaking birthday and he just knew it! And he didn't even prepare a single present, now with the hectic schedules after this practice there's nothing he could do to celebrate it with her.

"Yah, lao shi jiao le ni, kuai dian zun bei zi ji (The teacher called you, quick prepare yourself)"

Luhan stopped and saw Kris glaring at him with his fierce eyes. *Scary* he thought.

"coming!" he yelled as he ran into position.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[10:00 - KST]

National Park

 

 

"EOMMA!"

Shin Yeong looked behind and saw a little girl crying on the grass while her mom left her.

"Why did you leave your daughter behind?"' she asked the mother. 

"No reason to keep her, she's just causing trouble. Take her if you want!" she scoffed and left her dumbfounded.

*What kind of mom doesn't love her child?! She must be crazy, tsk tsk..* Shin Yeong thought as she walked to the little girl there.

 

"Don't cry, eonni is here." she carresed her hair slowly and pulled her into a hug.

"Eonni, *hiccup* my mom *hiccup* left me *hiccup*"

After finishing her words, the girl cried again. 

"Shh, don't cry.. From now on, live with eonni ne?" she held out her pinky finger to the kid.

"Pinky promise?" 

Shin Yeong started to see the smile on her face.

"Pinky promise!" The girl held her pinky finger out and interwined it with Shin Yeong's.

 

"My name is Kim So Eun, please take care of me well"

Shin Yeong smiled to her, "Eonni's name also starts with a Kim, Kim Shin Yeong" 

"Let's go home now" Shin Yeong carried her and brought her home.

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[11:26 - KST] 

Shin Yeong's mansion

 

"Mary!" Shin Yeong called one of her maids out.

"Yes, Young Lady. What can I help you with?"

"I told you to just call me Shin Yeong! Anyways from now on she will be part of the family, treat her like how you treat me. Her name is Kim So Eun."

"Yes Young La- Shin Yeong-ssi, I will report this to the other maids." she bowed and quickly left.

 

Shin Yeong looked down to see the girl's mouth opened widely in shock.

"How old are you?" she asked So Eun. So Eun raised 4 of her fingers and showed it to her. 

"Do you want a room yourself or a room with eonni?" she asked again.

"Eonni!" :D

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

"From today onwards, you will go to the same school as eonni, okay?" she told the girl. "This is your uniform, change into it." 

So Eun excitedly took it and changed her clothes. "Eonni kaja, I'm ready!" she showed her rabbit teeth to Shin Yeong before leaving for school together.

 

"Yeong-ah!" 

Shin Yeong turned around and found the EXO boys walking over. "Aigoo who is this cute girl?" Kyungsoo bent lower and softly pinched her cheeks.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Kim So Eun ibnida." the kid smiled to the 12 boys.

Slowly, the boys started their introductions. Shin Yeong looked at the girl's expression again before laughing.

"You can't remember them right?" she asked So Eun.

"Yep, they're a lot!" So Eun pouted. *Aigoo, only 4 and already doing aegyo, so cute!* Luhan smiled to himself.

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, I am Luhan, your eonni's boyfriend." Luhan told her.

"Wha-" 

Before Shin Yeong could ask, Luhan shush-ed and whispered to her, "from now you're my girlfriend, you don't like it?"

Instead of answering, Shin Yeong hugged him tightly. "Saranghaeyo Luhan oppa"

 

############################################################

How was the chapter? I was out of idea about Shin Yeong's birthday so I decided to put a new character in :D

Comment, upvote and subscribe! <3