Chapter 11

Forever strangers [HIATUS]

"Sehun-ah..." Nara mumbled, her hands moving around, trying to guess he is.

"I'm here," he chuckled, holding her cold hands. Nara smiled lightly before sitting up and hugged the boy. "I'm glad you're still her."

Sehun grinned from ear to ear, *I can't imagine life without you,* he thought. He grabbed the bowl of porridge on the table, "eat." Nara opened her to speak, but before she could, Sehun had fed her the first spoon. He knew it, she would insist on eating it herself but he wants to feed Nara, the girl he adores since their first meeting.

Nara pouted as she swallowed the warm food. "I have my hands y-"

"You're still weak, stop forcing yourself," he cut her off.

A sigh escaped her lips however deep down she was jumping up and down when he fed her.

 

 

The wind blew her hair again as she held the gate. Shin Yeong, along with So Eun and Luhan, dashed and hugged her best friend, "Nara-yah, I'm so sorry...."

"As long as you're okay, I'm okay." Nara replied, the edge of her lips curled up and formed a smile. "So Eu-ah, greet her! This is Nara eonni!"

Nara frowned. *Who is So Eun?*

"Annyeong haseyo! I am Kim So Eun!" So Eun's voice interrupted her thoughts. Nara smiled again, realizing she's just a little girl. "Hey, I'm Nara." 

Luhan turned to Shin Yeong, whispering, "She's blind now. Sehun told me yesterday.."

Dropping her bottle in shock, Shin Yeong gasped, "N-Nara c-c-can y-yo-you-"

"I'm blind." Nara stated in a matter of fact.

Shin Yeong's eyes started to tear, her legs went jelly. Just in time, Luhan caught his girlfriend who was breaking down, "Yeong-ah.." he whispered, his lips trembling. Nara sighed for the nth time. She knew it, Shin Yeong will act this way. The thing Nara feared was losing Shin yeong; she was afraid Shin Yeong would leave her. Grabbing her stick, the girl walked in slowly, avoiding herself to bump into any student.

 

Leaning against the window, Nara smiled bitterly to herself. She couldn't understand the lesson without her eyes since she is a visual learner. Instead of asking her seatmate about the discussion, Nara's mind was debating whtether she should stay or move to a school for the disabled.

Everyone had left for lunch, yet Nara decied to stay and starve herself there. She missed being called 'mandu' by Shin Yeong. It was dead silence, nobody bothered to ask her out for lunch. Sehun had gone to his schedule and she had nobody now, not even one. She needs someone.

"Eonni!"

Nara's eyes fluttered open in shock. She then realized it's So Eun.

"Looking for your eonni?" she asked, however the girl shook her head which Nara couldn't see. Remembering what Luhan said earlier, she immediately replied, "I'm here for you!"

"Let's grab lunch together!"

Nara's eyes widen in shock upon hearing the kid's words. "I'll guide you!"

Nara nodded softly, her lips forming another smile that day. Excitedly, So Eun grabbed her hands and pulled her out of the class.