Chapter 10

Forever strangers [HIATUS]

[Nara’s POV]

I heard it, I finally heard it, the voice I have been longing for. Not a voice of jerks, his voice, his perfect voice. Nothing can be more perfect than this moment, even when all I could see is pitch black.

“Ra? You there?” Sehun voiced out. I could barely speak out to him; water was barely present. Even if it was present, it would be dirty water.

“Y-yes.” My voice came out softly but hoarse. Sehun came and hugged me tight. “Do you know how much I’ve been worried about you? It killth me, monthth without you!”

“I know Hun, let’s get out of here now.” I smiled; actually, I don’t even know whether my smile was still the same as before. Sehun helped untie me and helped me stood up. I knew it, he expected me to walk but I can’t when I have no eyes that can see. “Hun-ah, I’m blind..” I whispered to him. I could hear the shock in Sehun’s gasp earlier and I can’t help it, I feel guilty myself.

“I’ll get you out of here..”

Sehun’s voice was different, it wasn’t filled with that cheesy and funny Sehun I knew back then; it’s full of determination. I smiled again, seeing another side of him. Carrying me in his hands, he managed to climb up and made it to the car.

 

I moved my fingers slowly, trying to guess where I am. Soft... bed?

“Good morning..” a voice rang. A man’s voice, to be exact.

“D-doctor?” I whispered, really softly because of the pain in my throat.

“Yes, please don’t speak for the time being, you’re throat is really swollen badly.”

I just nodded and made an ‘ok’ sign with my right hand.

“Nara-ssi.. I’m afraid.. you’re blind..” the doctor whispered as the smile on my face faded. Blind? How am I gonna see from now on?! Who’s gonna be my eyes?!

“NO IT CAN’T BE! I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST MY SIGHT THAT’S BLURRY BUT BLIND?! NO! IMPOSSIBLE! I CAN’T  BE BLIND I CAN’T!”

“NARA-YAH!”

[Author’s POV]

Sehun immediately ran inside as soon as he heard the struggles and screams of Nara from inside. The girl was crying, real hard. Tears came out uncontrollably yet the doctor refused to go. Sehun was really frustrated, he felt like killing the doctor and yell at him but he can’t, he can’t. Finally after hours of strugglig, the doctor gave up and went out..

“Hun-ah..” Nara sobbed and buried her head on Sehun’s chest. “I.. blind... how..”

Baby don’t cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon
Baby don’t cry tonight eobseotdeon iri doel geoya
Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun nega aniya kkeutnae mollaya haetdeon
So baby don’t cry cry nae sarangi neol jikil teni

 

Nara’s tears started to stop and dry up. Sehun who noticed her complete change after the short verse from ‘Baby don’t cry’, came closer and kissed her forehead softly. He could see little shades of red on her cheeks and whispered, “you look so cute when you blush.” Nra who was earlier in tears, started laughing and ruffling the boy’s hair.

“I hate you Hun, you made me laugh.” she chuckled and wrapped her arms around his neck.