Their Loyal Fan

Finding Everest

It was another day at school, except rather than leaves growing, they were changing to their usual autumn colors. The weather grew colder, and the wind began to blow more often than usual. The sky darkened quicker, but the early mornings were full of sunshine and foggy breathes.

As usual, the four hung out at the club's room during lunch. However, lunch was extended due to a teacher's meeting (earning cheers from all the students who received the late news). Yoseob tapped his fingers against the drum set, receiving a scolding from Baekhyun, who treasured all the expensive instruments. Myungsoo began to strum some cords on his guitar, busy in his own world. Meanwhile, Daehyun and Jieun focused on their vocals, sharing what they thought sounded right and what they thought sounded funny.

"You know what's funny, Yoseob?" Baekhyun suddenly asked after tapping some keys with his finger.

"What's funny?" he replied, hitting the drumset hard enough to shake the room. Baekhyun glared at him and swiped away the drumsticks.

"What's funny is that someone older and a nonstudent is here, filming our every movement!" he hollered, pointing at Taeyeon. Their special guests winked and waved her tiny hands.

"Please don't mind me, Master Baekhyun!" Taeyeon said. "Please pay attention to Myungsoo instead."

"What disturbs me is that you asked me to mind Myungsoo when I don't mind him," Baekhyun muttered, gritting his teeth. "Why is she here?"

Jieun looked up and smiled at Taeyeon. "I invited her over. Is that so bad?"

"Why would you invite her?"

"Why wouldn't I invite her? She's new, business at her place is slow, and she texted me nonstop during second period," she reasoned.

The third reason sounds a lot more reasonable than the other two, Daehyun thought, swinging the microphone back and forth. "Anyway, Taeyeon, you're welcomed to visit here any time."

Taeyeon blinked her eyes, then blood started dripping out of her nose. Jieun frantically reached to grab a box of tissue and rushed towards her. Letting out an embarrassing sigh, Taeyeon grinned while the red liquid oozed down her lips.

"As expected of the sweet, lovable first-year in the Myungsoo and Baekhyun's love story!" she exclaimed, clapping her hands. Daehyun turned red, causing Baekhyun to grimace in disgust.

"Why in the world are you blushing?" he asked.

"She flattered him. Daehyun's weak to flattering," Myungsoo reminded him. He stared at the blond. "Well, I guess he's weak against any type of flattering."

"That's what Jieun does all the time," Yoseob pointed out. He paused, then looked at the youngest. "Hey, maybe that's why you like her? Because Jieun always flatters you and acts all sweet?"

He earned a hard punch from Jieun. She narrowed her eyes, telling him not to change the subject to her relationship with Daehyun. Taeyeon giggled, then walked closer to Myungsoo with her video camera.

"Tell me, Myungsoo," she started. "Is this song composed for someone special?"

He gave her a short blink, then decided to . "Of course. I dedicate this song to my first crush--"

"To Baekhyun? You dedicate this song to Baekhyun? Oh my gosh, my heart! These feels! I can't handle all these feels!" It was then when Taeyeon's knees started to buckle. Yoseob ran over and caught her in his arms. He heaved a sigh, struggled to pull her back on her feet, then collapsed on the ground with her.

Jieun let out a small sigh. "Taeyeon, what do you do for a living besides help your mom out at the store?"

The oldest snapped back to reality, leaving Yoseob on the ground. "I ship MyungBaek from afar."

Baekhyun widened his eyes. "MyungBaek--What in the world! Don't pair my name up with him! This is revolting!"

"You're just jealous that my name is in front of yours," Myungsoo declared, sticking out his tongue.

"And you're not helping!"

"It's okay, Baekhyun. I will be your most loyal fan," Taeyeon added.

"I don't want your support!"

"Speaking about supports and fans..." Yoseob walked over to the couch, where everyone else subconsciously gathered around. "Do we even have any? I mean, we did win a second-place ribbon.  Remember Suzy? She had tons of fans who were willing to support her, and that's what got her first place. Then there was that APink group, who swooned the guys with their innocent charms. Even though they didn't have a lot of fans compared to Suzy, there were still people willing to support them, right?"

Taeyeon's eyes glowed. "So what I'm hearing is that you want me to set something up, right? Should I be the president of the MyungBaek fandom? I can set up a website and all those stuff--"

Yoseob sighed. "No, we don't need all that. We just--"

"Then may I propose Jieun being in the spotlight?" Taeyeon asked, tapping on Jieun's skinny shoulder. "She's the only girl, and I know this one guy who would definitely support her and contact all his friends to support the band if she went on a date or two with him."

Daehyun tensed up, while Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. Baekhyun stood up from his seat, knocking his chair over. He quickly shook his head and removed Taeyeon's hand away from the band member's shoulder.

"No, no, no," Baekhyun repeated, still shaking his head. "We are not going to sell Jieun for something like this."

"Who's the guy, anyway?" Yoseob asked, slightly interested.

"He's in the same year as Baekhyun and Myungsoo. Very popular, the top five in the soccer team. He goes to a school known for students who want to go into the athletic field. He jumps around to different schools a lot, and during his time at the schools, he tries to make as much friends as possible. Not really into music, but can get a hundred other students to like music."

"Not into music? Then that's pointless."

"During that time on the date, he will pay you ten thousand won per hour--"

"Jieun, you're going," Yoseob declared. He grabbed a water bottle from the table and pointed at Taeyeon. "You, set up the date. The three of you, stay away from the day, and Jieun, stay at the date. Got it?"

Baekhyun was about to protest. "I don't like--"

Taeyeon stepped into the conversation and turned Jieun's attention away from him. "He's called Chen, and only call him Chen until he gives you permission to speak his real name. Still, when he gives you permission, call him Chen. Don't talk about sports because his sport tales are awfully boring, and don't talk about music because he doesn't want to hear bad singing--"

"You think I'm bad at singing?" Jieun asked, pouting.

"--and will always criticize your voice if it sounds strange. Don't be early, and don't be late. If you're early, he'll turn around and leave after seeing you. If you're late, he'll leave. I just sent him a text and he's agreeing to meet you this Saturday at one. Oh, and he added that you 'must eat lunch before coming.' Did you get all that?"

"Uh... Yeah, I think I got it," she replied, a bit unsure of the situation.

Taeyeon let out a grin. "Great! I'll wish you luck on your little date, Jieun. Your little bandmates are counting on you!"

When Jieun looked up, she saw three solemn expression, and one supportive smile. She heaved a sigh, then stared outside the window.

Saturday is going to be a long day, she thought.