9

The Curse's Gift

Chapter Nine - Exposed

The two were still staring, and it was so silent.

 

Luhan was the one who looked away (in which Yifan thanked for). He gave a scoff and laughed slightly as he looked at the stairs in which Junmyeon and Jongdae climbed.

 

"Tell me, who was that short guy earlier?"

 

Now, what does he want from Junmyeon? Yifan thought. It wasn't as if Luhan had the right to know.

 

"You've got no rights in asking about Junmyeon-"

 

"I know who Junmyeon is, you stupid, handsome man." Luhan cut him off. And Yifan could see that Zitao was covering his chuckled on a closed fist close to his curled lips. 

 

He really wanted to punch the living daylights out of that panda-eyed man.

 

But judging from the actions he showed earlier, he guessed he couldn't even do that. The man looked like he was trained for fighting, and Yifan wasn't really good at that.

 

"I was talking about the other one. The one who was about to ask about the food he made?" Luhan raised his eyebrows in question as his doe eyes stared straight at Yifan.

 

Yifan stiffened in his seat as he glared at Luhan. Now what did he want from Jongdae?

 

"He's a part of the house." Was all he answered.

 

"Oh, really? 'Cause he seems kind of - familiar." Luhan said. That guy looked like someone I really despise.

 

"What's familiar with Jongdae?" Yifan asked, and it took just that to make Luhan stop on his trance and widen his eyes in surprise.

 

Jongdae - ? Luhan could not think of anything else other than the name. Jongdae, Jongdae, Jongdae, Jongdae, Jongdae? What was he doing here?

 

"Come again?" Was all Luhan could let out as a question, after recovering from the shock. 

 

Yifan could only stare at him in doubt. Was something wrong? He thought. "Come again with what?" He raised his brows.

 

"The name." Luhan said, his eyes at the floor, eyes wide and brows furrowed.

 

"Jongdae." Yifan said again.

 

Luhan felt like his breathing actually stopped. Was this even real? This time, he stared at Yifan.

 

"Kim Jongdae? As in the Kim Jongdae?" He asked, breathless. Yifan stared back at him in surprise. How did Luhan know Jongdae, and his real name?

 

"How do you know him?" he asked back.

 

"Damn it, Wu Yifan!" Luhan was almost yelling now. Pacing around the place like it was his, running his fingers through his honey-blond hair. His face was showing irritation, and it was still clear as he looked at Yifan. "What the actual hell are you doing?! Letting a monster in your house?!"

 

Yifan was shocked, and anger followed. 

 

How dare he say that Jongdae is a monster?!

 

He stood up abruptly, suddenly towering over Luhan even though they were slightly far.

 

"Watch your mouth, Luhan. How dare you tell me he's a monster?" He hissed as he glared at Luhan menacingly. Luhan rolled his eyes and he briskly walked towards Yifan. And now they were close, Luhan's head tipped up to look at Yifan straight in the eye. Their noses were almost touching.

 

"Do you not go out of this freaking mansion of yours? Aren't you listening to any news, or do you choose to just ignore them?!"

 

"Just get to the point, Luhan! I won't tolerate this!"

 

"Kim Jongdae is a son of a family of witches, Wu Yifan! God, I didn't know you don't know even this piece of information! He's a threat to everyone, damn it!"

 

Yifan just stood there in shock, mouth slightly agape at what he just heard.

 

"And you let him in your house! How stupid can you be?! Do you want to get killed?!"

 

And somewhere, someone was yelling too. 

 

It was muffled. They couldn't hear what it was trying to say. The two stopped their glaring contest and looked up at the second floor. It came there, actually.

 

"I - I don't believe you." was all Yifan could say. Luhan stared back at him, his eyes wider than before at what Yifan just said.

 

He pushed Yifan with his hand and glared at him, heaving, his face fumed with anger.

 

"You don't believe me? Really now, Yifan?! You don't believe that that Jongdae is a monster?!"

 

"If that is even true, I won't even be scared. I don't care."
 

"What?!" Luhan stared at him incredulously.

 

"Nothing's even worse than having this immortality of mine." Even if it was true. Yifan chose not to care.

 

He couldn't actually hate that beautiful creature that was Kim Jongdae because of him being a - monster.

 

Luhan laughed sardonically. His hands clutching his stomach because he thought it was really funny.

 

Did his Wu Yifan just say that?

 

Was his Yifan actually liking a monster?! A son of a witch?

 

Well then, I guess I'm left with no choice. He thought and he stood straight.

 

"Really?" He said, feigning amusement. "Would you still not care if I tell you he's the one who gave us this curse?" He inwardly smirked.

 

Yifan's eyes widened. His beautiful face struck with horror and shock. with trembling fingers, he slowly looked at Luhan's eyes.

 

"Wh-what do you mean by that -"

 

"Do I need to repeat it, darling?" Luhan said sadly.

 

No please. This isn't true. One shouldn't just believe Luhan for who knows - 

 

But Luhan was looking at him with those sad doe eyes and he was acutally believing what Luhan just said.

 

"He's the one who gave us immortality, since he's a son of a witch and all. That's the reason they are wanted. They want them to receive punishment for the curses they gave to the people."

 

No wonder Jongdae was running and hiding in his house when they first met.

 

Deep inside, he could hear his heart crack.

 

"Get out. I need time by myself." He said softly. Luhan hesitated, before he turned around and motioned Zitao to follow him outside.

 

As the car revved to life and went away. Yifan slumped back on his seat, hearing and feeling heart actually cracking and on the verge of breaking. But he suddenly stood up and started walking towards the second floor, after hearing some muffled yelling again. 

 

He wanted to find out if it was really true.

 

 

 

 

 


 

Junmyeon wasn't sure he heard that right.

 

"C - come again?" In which all he received was a heavy sigh courtesy of Jongdae.

 

Jongdae's frame was slightly trembling now. He didn't know what to do. Now that he alreayd let it out of his chest, in which he kept it all inside for so long since he came, how was Junmyeon going to react?

 

Was it even right telling it to a person you didn't even really know a lot yet?

 

"I - I said.." Tears were threatening to fall from his eyes. His arms tightly surround his knees close to his chest. His shoulders trembling. "Stuff like immortality."

 

"Wha-"

 

"Stuff like immortality! Our family is said to give horrid curses! They're saying my family's a family of witches! They tell me I'm a monster!" Jongdae yelled, and it was a good thing the door was closed because they might have been heard downstairs. Tears spilled from Jongdae's eyes, but he didn't even dare to wipe them away.

 

Junmyeon just stared at his trembling figure. Too shocked to even move because of the information he just knew. They didn't even notice that a while ago, a slight sound was done at the door.

 

So did this mean Jongdae was the one who gave Yifan his immortality? The curse Yifan really wanted gone?

 

How could Jongdae do this?

 

"Hyung. B-believe me. I don't know what the people are talking about." He sobbed, and it was heartbreaking to see for Junmyeon. "They wanted me captured. They wanted me dead because of deeds I didn't even do. T-that's why I ran. Please hyung, I'm not a monster. Please... Please..."

 

He was cut off with a hug by Junmyeon.

 

"Sssh. I believe you." Junmyeon whispered in his ear. Junmyeon knew Jongdae was a good man. He couldn't do that. Jongdae had expressive eyes that showed whether he was lying. And as he stared at Jongdae's teary eyes, he knew the younger boy was telling the truth. He rubbed soothing circled on Jongdae's back.

 

Jongdae was still for a moment, before he clung to Junmyeon and cried even more.

 

"Kim Junmyeon." Someone growled lowly, causing Junmyeon and Jongdae to wrench away from their position.

 

At the door stood his master, Wu Yifan, his eyes dark with anger as he glared at the two of them, then his glare settled on Jongdae.

 

Junmyeon could see Jongdae trembling slightly at Yifan's glare.

 

Jongdae was looking at Yifan with wide, teary eyes.

 

"Y-Yifan-"

 

"I want you -" Could Yifan say it? It felt hard, but his anger won.

 

"I want you out of my mansion right now."
 

 

-

A/N : Lalalala. Sorry for this lame update.HI! /flies away/ Comments are higly appreciated by the way. Thanks a lot readers!