7

The Curse's Gift

Chapter Seven - A Newcomer

 

The sun was shining brightly, a shiny black car was being driven to a place the person inside wanted to go to.

As the man in the backseat watched the view outside his car move like a blur, this made him excited even more.

The car stopped for a while and the beautiful young man stared at the driver, who was staring back at him with a look of worry. The driver had cat-like eyes and tanned skin. In other words, the driver was also beautiful.

"Master, are you sure you want to go? If he sees you, he will -"

"Nonsense." The young looking blond-haired boy waved the driver off with a flick of his wrist, smiling at the driver as he did so, his eyes sparkling in happiness as his young looking face stared outside the car's window. "He wouldn't know about that, Zitao. I just want to see him again, that's all." And I'm going to make sure he's going to be mine.

"Oh, but he would know, master. He's known you as the man who confessed to him and that was like, a lot of years ago and of course he's going to be curious as to why you're still alive and -"

"That's exactly what I want to see him like, Zitao. Now stop talking, jeez, you act like my mother when in fact I'm older than you. And drive." He gave a smirk as the driver just nodded and drove away, towards that beautiful empty mansion in an isolated area of the place.

 


 

A day already passed since that night happened. Jongdae wasn't showing and giving  any awkward responses, nope. If you talk about awkward responses and actions, that would be Yifan.

Ever since that night, Yifan started being awkward with Jongdae, but this dense younger boy wasn't even noticing it. Except for Junmyeon. And whenever Junmyeon saw the two of them together he would smirk, not showing it to Yifan because, you know.

"Yifaaaaaan!" Jongdae said as he ran towards the tall man, carrying something. Yifan slowly turned around and looked at Jongdae's smiling face.

Slow Motion. Gah, stop it.

"Y-yes?" Now why the hell did he just stammer?!

"You forgot to waer your necklace, pabo!"

"Jongdae!" Junmyeon warned him from the kitchen, because he heard Jongdae saying that.

"Pabo?" Yifan was still staring at Jongdae. Jongdae nodded as he pouted. He gave the necklace to Yifan, in which Yifan took it from him.

 "You made a promise, didn't you? So wear it." Then again he smiled widely and turned around, back to Junmyeon in the kitchen, saying "Hyung! Don't do anything to the food being cooked! I'll take care of it." Earning a soft smack in the head courtesy of Junmyeon.

Yifan sighed as he sat down on his favorite velvet chair, which he already missed so much because he was just staying in the room and not sitting down on this chair anymore. He opened the curtains and then again, he did the usual thing he did before. He stared out the window, his thoughts about why he even did that to Jongdae. He closed his eyes, failing to notice a shiny blac car that could be seen by the window, driving and stopping in fornt of Yifan's mansion.

Because everyone in the house had their own world, they failed to notice someone walking towards the door.

The three of them stopped when they heard a soft knock on the door.

Junmyeon and Jongdae looked at each other worriedly, then they walked slowly towards Yifan, who was now seated straight, looking at the door.

I wonder who that is. Yifan thought. But he head this feeling gnawing in his chest that the person outside wasn't just someone.

"Shall I open the door, Master Yifan?"

"..."

The knock was was getting louder now.

"Open it." Yifan said, as he slumped back to his chair and sighed, watching Junmyeon bow and walk towards the door to open it.

Just as the door was opened, a beautiful man with honey blond hair immediately stepped inside, not minding Junmyeon's call of "Please wait! You are not allowed to come inside yet."

Yifan furrowed his brows at the rude gesture the visitor gave and so he was about to stand up. But as he was about to do it, the honey-blond haired man stopped in front of him, causing Yifan to lool up at him and stare at him in surprise.

"Nice to see you again, Wu Yifan." The man said in a sweet voice as his eyes formed crescents as he smiled, and Yifan could only stare at him.

"Do- do I know you?" Yifan asked. Well, of course he knew him. It was all coming back now. Again. At the back of the new man, he could see Jongdae and Junmyeon standing side by side together, and a tall tanned boy walking towards them and standing beside them.

"Oh? Don't you remember me, Yifan?" The man placed a hand on his chest, pretending he was hurt. He chuckled softly. "You're so old already, Yifan. But I didn't expect you'd still look this stunningly handsome." Then he gave a wink.  

"No, why. Why are you-" Why are you still young looking after all these years?!

"Uh,uh!" The man wagged a long smooth finger at him. "No questions. I was the first one who asked. So, tell me. You still remember me, don't you?" Then he leaned down to Yifan's height and Yifan had to back away because it was uncomfortable.

Yifan stared into the man's sparkling brown orbs and he sighed. Of course he remembered.

"I'll give you a hint, since you're so forgetful and all."

No. I do remember. Just-

The man leaned down to Yifan's ear and whispered, his breath tickling Yifan's neck. "I was the one who confessed to you. And you turned me down, darling. Don't you remember that?" Yifan could feel the beautiful man pouting.

Yifan closed his eyes and sighed. "Of course, I remember now."

The man stood straight and clapped his hands. "Oh, yay!" Then he smiled widely, just like how Jongdae would, but then Jongdae's were much more comfortable to see.

Maybe because he was used to it. Or maybe something else.

"So, what's my name?"

Yifan looked up at the man. "Luhan."