11

The Curse's Gift

Chapter Eleven - Blank

 

 

Snow.

Snowflakes were falling from the sky, eventually covering up the ground.

As usual, Yifan was inside his mansion, seated on his favorite chair.

He glanced outside and saw the trees being covered with snowflakes. He heaved a sigh.

It was probaby going to be cold outside.

He was wondering where Jongdae could be right now.

 


 

It has been a month since Jongdae went away, and it seemed like Yifan was all alone.

Even Junmyeon wasn't talking to him like he always did.

So it left him alone and unable to sleep.

But to say that he wasn't about Jongdae's whereabouts would be a lie.

He wasn't going to admit it to anyone, but he kept thinking that Jongdae was still there.

 

Because he was too immersed in his thoughts, he did not notice Junmyeon calling him.

 

“Master Yifan.” Junmyeon said, a little louder, and Yifan snapped out of his thoughts, looking at Junmyeon cluelessly.

“What?”

“Mr. Luhan is here to talk to you –“

 

Just then he was softly pushed away by the honey blond man who seemed to get in by himself uninvited.

“Thank you, you may go now.” Luhan said, and Junmyeon frownd as he walked away from the two men.

 

Yifan glared at Luhan. “What are you doing here? You can’t just barge in uninvited.”

Luhan pretended to be hurt at what the tall man said, and placed his hand on his heart. “Ow, don’t be like that. It’s as if you don’t let me in like this before.”

Yifan gritted his teeth. “Shut up.”

“Aww, Yifan doesn’t want to talk about it now, does he?” Luhan showed a pout, and Yifan thought it definitely didn’t fit him. He even wanted to ask him to stop doing that because –

 

“Just tell me the reason as to why you’re here.” He said instead, leaning back on his velvet chair, eyes focused on the window again.

Luhan noticed this and frowned, so he walked over to Yifan to draw the curtains down (much to Yifan’s disappointment and irritation) and sat down on a chair across from him.

“I just want to talk to you, you know? Since I already miss you and – come on, Yifan! Listen to me!”

Yifan rolled his eyes because being cute was not fit for Luhan. Since he didn’t want to experience listening to a whining Luhan he decided to look at him and pretend he really was going to care about what the other man was going to say. “So, what?”

“Your mansion’s been quiet lately.”

Yifan sighs, irritation clear in his expression and he placed his fingers on his temple. He wasted how many minutes just to hear Luhan say that? He should have just shooed the blond man away.

“Yeah, well – “

“Is the little guy gone already?”

“He’s not a little guy – he has a name – “

“Oh, yes, right. Jongdae. So he’s already gone?” Luhan’s eyes were sparkling. Why was he like that?

Yifan sighed again. “Yes. I – I told him to get out.” The other was silent.

“Well, that’s good.” Luhan watched as Yifan’s eyes were filled with guilt, as if he really didn’t want to do that thing. “Look here, Wu Yifan. You did the right thing. He’s a monster, and you would be such an idiot to just let him stay here, do you understand?” Yifan nodded slowly, eyes downcast.

“It’s a good thing you understand, darling.” Luhan smiled. “So, would you like to come to my house?”

Yifan looked at him, brows furrowed. “What?”

“Come to my house. I already miss having your presence there.”

“I don’t know –“

“Oh tut tut!” Luhan silenced him with a finger on his lips. “Zitao is going to come and get you, alright? And don’t worry. There will only be the two of us. So he’ll come pick you up this Friday.”

“At Christmas? Wait – “

“Silence, darling. It’s not as if you have someone to spend your Christmas with.” Well that had shut Yifan up. But still –

“You can bring Junmyeon too, if you want. Whatever.” Luhan waved his hands and stood up, walking towards Yifan. He bent down to Yifan’s height and leaned in closer and Yifan was frozen as he felt soft lips touching his.

He didn’t feel anything, unlike the way he felt when he kissed Jongdae’s forehead and – why did Jongdae suddenly come to mind? There was only blankness. Just – nothing.

Luhan broke away and stood up, walking towards the door. “Till then, see you at Friday, darling.” He said, giving a wink as the door closed and he disappeared from Yifan’s sight.

 

*** Well, hello. I am so sorry for this. ;;;