8

The Curse's Gift

Chapter Eight - Butting In

"Oh, yay! You remember me!" Luhan smiled widely and clapped his hands like a child receiving his very first present in Christmas.

 

“Uh, master?” Junmyeon asked, eyes furrowed in confusion. Yifan should have known Joonmyeon didn’t know this man. Of course.

 

It has been, what? A lot of years since Luhan came and left, and that was before Junmyeon’s arrival.

 

“We – we are going to talk, Luhan and I.” Yifan said, sighing and sitting back down.

He could feel Jongdae’s anxious eyes following his figure.

 

“But then, how about the foo –“ Jongdae started, but was cut off with Junmyeon’s voice.

 

“We should go upstairs for now, Jongdae.” Junmyeon started, looking at Yifan. Yifan gave a curt nod and Junmyeon gave back a nod as well, ushering Jongdae to follow him upstairs. And it was successful. Only quite.

 

Once the two were upstairs, Yifan gave Luhan a glare, in which it was dismissed with an airy laugh.

 

“My, my. Would you look at your face, Yifan-dear? It’s still the same just like a few years ago!”

 

“You have to explain things to me.” Yifan started, making Luhan stop and look at him, feigning innocence.

 

“Wha? What do I have to explain? I’ve got nothing to explain, you know?”

 

“You know damn well what I’m talking about.”

 

The well-built man behind Luhan started to walk and was about to aim a punch on Yifan when Luhan stopped him. The man immediately stopped and stood straight. Yifan glared at the panda-eyed man who was dressed in a suit, towering over Luhan.

 

“Now, now, Tao. We wouldn’t want our guest to get angry, are we?”

 

Guest? Was he just treating me, the owner of this mansion, a guest? Yifan though, but dared not voice it out loud. Knowing Luhan, he...

 

“Fine, master.” Tao said and walked back to where his usual place was. Luhan looked back at Yifan, who was giving him a glare.

 

The room was silent with the glare of the two beautiful men.

 

“Don’t you teach your slave some lesson?” Yifan started, and Luhan scowled at that.

 

“Slave. Ha! Slave, you say?! He’s my bodyguard, a bodyguard I care so much.” Luhan hissed as his doe eyes glared immensely at Yifan. Yifan gave back a double-time glare.

 

None of them wanted to back out of this.

 

 


 

"Hyung?"

 

"Hmm?"

 

"Do you know that - Luhan man?" Jongdae asked, eyes looking at Junmyeon's side profile with anxious eyes. 

 

They were currently in Junmyeon's room, door closed because they didn't want to hear any conversations happening downstairs. Well, not that they could hear them anyway, but it had been a habit of Junmyeon's ever since he stayed in this mansion.

 

Junmyeon couldn't answer. What was he going to answer anyway? It wasn't like he had met Luhan before. He never met or even saw him in his whole damned life, actually. 

 

He gave out a sigh. "No, Jongdae. In fact, I only saw him today." He stopped kneading his fingers to his knee and looked back at Jongdae. "Why?"

 

Jongdae immediately looked away and concentrated on the clean cream-white walls. "N-nothing. I - uh, just had the feeling to ask."

 

Junmyeon took a full view of Jongdae's side profile. His prominent jawline, his nose, his long lashes. 

 

No wonder Master Yifan took a liking to him.

 

Oh, wait. He didn't just think of that, did he?

 

"Hyung? Why are you staring?" he heard Jongdae's voice, and that was when he realized he was staring intently at Jongdae.

 

Junmyeon looked away, pink creeping up on his cheeks. And he just thanked the heavens Jongdae was just so damn oblivious of that.

 

"Is it bad to stare? I guessed it was nice to look at your face, actually. You got an attractive face." Junmyeon said as an excuse, which wasn't really an excuse, darn it.

 

Because he was looking away, he didn't see the blush creeping up on Jongdae's cheeks, in which Jongdae also thanked the heavens for.

 

The two men stayed silent. The only thing that can be heard were their breathing.

 

The silence was so thick. Junmyeon decided it was better to start a new topic. 

 

But what?

 

"Uh..." Junmyeon started, turning forwards so that he was facing the wall and his back was on the side of the bedframe. Jongdae looked up and looked at him, waiting for what he was to say.

 

"Tell me, Jongdae. You said you ran from home right?"

 

"Yeah?" Jongdae had the feeling this was going to be one heck of a conversation. Still he kept that steady voice of his. But his heart was actually already starting to beat its way out of his chest, subtly.

 

"Why exactly? And no, I want the truth."

 

"I - uh. I ran away and I never really want to go back. That's all hyung."

 

"No." Junmyeon said, looking at Jongdae straight in the eye. Jongdae looked away, but Junmyeon gently made him look back at him with his hands.

 

This was it.

 

"You can tell me the truth. Can't be bad, huh?"

 

Oh, no. It is bad. Jongdae thought. But what could he do? Junmyeon looked so honest with the way he looked right now.

 

"What if I tell you, that it's bad?" Jongdae asked nervously, in which Junmyeon responsed with a light breathy chuckle.

 

"Oh, come on. It can't be more than bad as knowing Master Yifan's immortal, right?" He smiled, showing eye-crescents. Jongdae gulped and he was so sure he was shaking when Junmyeon gripped his shoulders tight to stop him from continuing.

 

"That's the thing. It might not be, but it's as bad as knowing that." He finished off with a sigh, struggling gently away from Junmyeon's grip. Junmyeon complied, letting Jongdae go as he pondered over what Jongdae had said.

 

He had a feeling this was bad. His eyes were slightly wide as he asked the question to be sure. "Why so?"

 

Jongdae looked down, suddenly finding the floor interesting, for he looked at it without so much as a glance at Junmyeon anymore.

 

"It's my family. They say we're freaks, giving horrid curses to people and stuff."

 

Junmyeon had a hunch. He was one teeny tiny step closer to finding out if his guesses were correct in his mind.

 

"Stuff like what?" He asked slowly. Jongdae gave a shaky sigh.

 

"Stuff like immortality."

 

 

 

*~*~*~*

A/N ; HI! I'M BACK! I'M SORRY FOR THIS LAME CHAPTER. HIHI~ BEEN BUSY LATELY. :)

YES. THAT'S IT. I'M SORRY. You can slap me if you want. XD

Okay bye.