3

The Curse's Gift

 

Chapter Three - Yifan

 

It has been three days ever since that incident, and three days ever since Jongdae lived with the two of them.

Within those three days, there seemed to be changes.

Like curtains, for example. Jongdae was happily carrying bunch of clean velvet curtains downstairs, earning him curious glances from both Yifan and Junmyeon.

"What are you doing?" Yifan asked him as Jongdae was busy standing up on a stool to put up a curtain on one large window.

"To cover the harmful rays of the sun, sir!" was Jongdae's answer.

"You're making the room even darker. Junmyeon, remove those things."

"Yes Master -"

"No! No! I swear I'll be the one responsible for this!" Jongdae looked at the two of them and raised his right hand and smiled, the ends of his lips curling up to form a smile. And so Yifan just let him be.

Although he regretted it because it seemed to deprive him of his favorite window. And that, he still let him be.

And lightbulbs. Like, what the heck.

"Where the hell have you been?" Yifan asked him as soon as he saw Jongdae running towards an empty light socket on the ceiling. He was carrying a ladder and a basket full of who knows what.

"I passed by the back door, sir! I just bought lightbulbs and lamps, to make the room bright."

Yifan just looked at him in disbelief.

Great. Where was Junmyeon when you needed him.

"You are totally going to remo -"

"No, sir! I promise I'm going to be responsible for this!" Jongdae smiled again. And Yifan didn't know why he agreed to that. Jongdae couldn't even be responsible to himself.

Yep, Jongdae fell from the ladder just because he was trying to put lightbulbs on an empty light socket. Great. JUNMYEON!

"Ow!"

"The hell?! Are you okay?!" Yifan ran towards him and was about to touch him when stop. He didn't want to that would be awkward.

Jongdae rubbed his tailbone and smiled again. "Yes sir! I'm okay. No need to worry. It wasn't anything major. Haha."

"I told you that my name's Yifan, so stop calling me sir." Yifan muttered and stood up and went to his chamber. Never mind his favorite velvet chair and favorite window. It was covered with a velvet curtain, all thanks to this Jongdae.

 


 

"Yifan!"

"No! Wait! Jongdae!"

Two words: TOO LATE. Yifan already heard it and he snapped out of his trance as he looked at Jongdae, who was walking towards him, with surprised eyes.

"Junmyeon hyung said it's time to eat."

"What did you just call me?"

"What? Uh, Yifan?"

"Jongdae!" Junmyeon walked fast towards Jongdae and he was about to pull him back because heck, no one called Yifan as Yifan.

Yifan stood up and walked towards the two of them and you are so dead, Jongdae. Junmyeon thought as he fixed his stare on the floor.

Jongdae seemed to know nothing about Yifan's tantrums, so he still stood straight as he watched Yifan walk towards him.

He only backed his face away a little because Yifan leaned in close and heck he was too close for comfort.

"You must be forgetting something, Jongdae." He said. Jongdae just blinked.

Jongdae snapped his hands in realization. "Oh, yes right! Yifan sir!" He looked at Yifan with sparkling smiley eyes.

Yifan could see Junmyeon facepalming himself. Heck, he wanted to facepalm himself too.

"No, ugh. Never mind. I'm going upstairs." He said as he walked past them.

"Aren't you going to eat, Yifan?" Jongdae called out. Yifan turned around to give him a glare. But it seemed like Jongdae was already used to it. What happened to the scaredy Jongdae now?

Jongdae shook his head and walked towards him to grab him softly by the arm, which caught Yifan off guard. He couldn't feel the comforting warmth though, he was wearing a long sleeved shirt. Jongdae softly pulled him towards the grand kitchen.

"Jongdae! Release Master Yifan right now!" Junmyeon pleaded but Jongdae would have none of it.

Yifan was bigger and taller than Jongdae. He was scarier than anybody else. He's stronger so he could pull himself away and just go back to his room.

Why couldn't he do it right now? Why couldn't he pull himself away? Instead he let himself be pulled.

"One should not waste a blessing given by God, you know?" He turned his head to smile at Yifan. That stupid, stupid, smile of his, Yifan thought. "Junmyeon hyung tried hard in cooking it for us, so let's at least appreciate it by eating it -"


Yifan glanced at Junmyeon, who was a light shade of red because of what Jongdae said.

"- No matter how awful it tastes -"

Yifan let out an amused huff and he glanced at Junmyeon again, who was shocked of what Jongdae said. Well, at least the boy was honest.

"- But hey! It's better than nothing to eat at all!" Jongdae chuckled as he sat Yifan down into a beautifully carved chair. Yifan stared at Jongdae who was passing him a plate and smiled at Junmyeon, who was now seated on a chair beside Yifan.

Yifan looked at the foods in front of him and he held his fork to taste each one of them and they tasted -

"Good. You said it tastes aweful?" Yifan asked Jongdae. Junmyeon swore his eyes were as wide as saucers now because of what Yifan said. Was his cooking really that awful?

Jongdae looked at Junmyeon and smiled. "Maybe a miracle happened." He said as he placed the food-filled spoon in his mouth. "Wow. We just went away from the food for a few minutes and it now tastes good, Junmyeon hyung! Is it really a miracle?"

"For goodness' sake, shut up and eat, Jongdae." Junmyeon growled softly, causing Jongdae to laugh with his mouth full and Yifan try his best not to laugh out loud too. He gave a huff of amusement as he continued eating.

Everything was light with their new member at home.

Come to think of it, he seemed to be reminding him of someone. Someone important. He just didn't know who.