Escape?

MARELAND

Chapter 7 – Escape?

Seunghyun’s POV

“I am sure they were looking for something in the valley, they didn’t just come to attack on us,” I said and then I saw Taeyang was trying to warn me to stop talking about this matter.

We had arrived Calima late at night and then we had a dinner together, me, Jiyong, Taeyang, Daesung and Seungri. We would have a meeting after dinner about this Menelin attack but Daesung and I couldn’t help ourselves and started to talk about the matter at dinner in front of Jiyong and Seungri.

“Maybe we should keep this talk after dinner,” said Taeyang warning us.

But before I open my mouth Jiyong spoke first making me surprised.

“Please, I would like to join, too.”

“Then if his majesty approves then we can continue our talk here?” said Daesung.

Daesung was really impatient about this matter and he was right. There was something going on about Isilnore and it was so disturbing. We were so nervous about them for months and now the thing happened in the valley was a really big issue. It was important about our security; about Jiyong’s security.

“Actually I would also like your highness to stay,” I said smiling at Jiyong. Then I turned to my frowning sorcerer Taeyang, “He will be our Tari soon Taeyang, nothing is wrong for him to join us to learn what is going on.”

Taeyang just nodded but I could feel he was still not happy about it but I still think Jiyong had a right to stay. Actually I also didn’t like to make Jiyong nervous but sooner or later he had to learn. Unfortunately he would have to take many responsibilities before his time. He will be a young Tari with a big task.

“First of all we should ask for an explanation about this attack from Isilnore, his majesty,” said Daesung.

“I have been thinking about this, too. Please send them an ambassador tomorrow morning.”

“Do you have any guess why they were there at the valley?” asked Taeyang.

“They were looking for something for sure. Maybe glinmir?” asked Daesung.

“If you are not a demon; you can’t take glinmir from dragons without a fight. Why would they risk it?” replied Taeyang.

“It depends on how they will use glinmir. Apart from what we know, is there any other spells or anything like this that requires glinmir?” I asked to Taeyang.

“Yes, there are some spells that requires glinmir. But I had to make more search.”

“Please make Taeyang. And don’t limit yourself with only glinmir; it can be anything related to dragons.”

Taeyang nodded in agreement. Then I couldn’t help myself but looked at Jiyong finally. He was listening to us in interest. I smiled to myself and then I remembered our return trip to Calima that we made together; his little head on my chest and my arm around him.

This boy never failed to surprise me. I could never imagine he would like to ride with me. Yes, Taeyang and I already realized that he also needs me but I still wouldn’t expect a brave move from him. But thanks to him I had the most amazing trip in my life; him in my arms. It was the only journey that I wished it to never end.

After the long discussion section we all went to our chambers but I couldn’t have so much sleep at night because of the situation so I left the bed before the sun rise.

I should talk to Jaejoong as soon it’s possible. I know if there is something Jaejoong always informs me but in these days we didn’t speak a lot. Maybe this time I should ask for a talk since Menelin took a dangerous step so he should know about this.

I don’t know Menelin’s real intention but I was worried about Jiyong a lot. He is in safe in Calima, he should be but…. There is something bothers me a lot even in Calima but I don’t what it is. So Jiyong’s safety is always on my mind.

While I was taking a walk in the garden I realized that I stopped at Jiyong’s chambers. I just looked at his windows; I know he was asleep but I guess I just wanted to be close to him.

“Miss him much?”

I woke up from my thoughts with the voice of my best friend.

“I was just dreaming how it would be to have him in my arms while I am sleeping,” I said smiling to him.

“Your wish will be granted soon, my friend. Your wedding is coming.”

I smiled bitterly, “I don’t think he would sleep in my arms,” I said in a whisper.

Taeyang smiled and then he walked towards me and then we slowly started to walk away from Jiyong’s chambers not to disturb him.

“You can’t sleep, too?” I asked.

“Yes, I was just looking through to books to find some clue about Menelin’s intention.”

“I also planned to talk to Jaejoong, he can help us.”

Taeyang just nodded. We walked without talking for a while then Taeyang broke the silence.

“We should start the preparations for the wedding by the way.”

I sighed, “Yes. Let’s set the date and then we should start to invite the guests.”

“In this situation we should be careful about the guests, it is important.”

“I am planning to invite only the important people and only Calima alleys. By the way, Taeyang please send some special soldiers to take Jiyong’s family to the wedding. I don’t want them to travel alone, just in case.”

“You are right, we should be cautious with everything.”

I nodded. I should consider everything. Menelin was already planning something, Jaejoong says something dark is coming and on the top of that lost demon prince is marrying with the king of the powerful Calima. We should really be cautious about the wedding ceremony.

Then I talked about Jiyong’s fire powers with Taeyang. We discussed how he could break the barrier of his powers that I have created. Taeyang said it would take time so I decided Daesung to start to train him because I wanted him to protect himself well.

Without even noticing the breakfast time had come and finally I saw my demon prince. I imagined him to be more lively and rested. But it seems like he also couldn’t sleep well. I really felt sad for the poor boy; can it be my fault? I guess he was worried about Menelin thing; maybe I shouldn’t have let him to join our meeting.

After the breakfast I sent a request to temple to meet Jaejoong. Then I decided to make the guest list for the wedding and plan the details with Taeyang. After that we should also talk with Jiyong to ask his opinions.

While we were discussing Taeyang suddenly a very excited maid of Jiyong entered our study room.

“Your majesty, your Excellency,” she said and bowed, “his highness is running away!” she finally said in panic.

We both jumped to our feet.

“Where is he now?!” I yelled.

“He is at stable now!”

I stormed out of the room and run to the stable. I know he couldn’t leave Calima without my permission but I was worried anyway. Because I can’t understand why he wanted to leave so suddenly! What was going on?

He has already prepared his horse and he was trying to get on to the horse but Seungri was the one who was trying to prevent him.

“LET ME GO!” yelled Jiyong in anger.

But Seungri was really successful to prevent him and I am so glad about that.

“Your highness! Where are you going?” asked Taeyang first, I didn’t speak and kept watching him.

There were some soldiers and Daesung around him. Taeyang also walked near him but everyone was waiting for my move since I was the only one who can stop him.

He fiercely turned his head to us with Taeyang’s voice. He looked at me first with a pure anger and hate in his eyes just for a little while and then he moved his eyes to Taeyang.

“I am going back to Isilnore, to my family!” he answered shouting at Taeyang.

Something happened and Jiyong was now looking at me with hate for the first time. Yes, he never looked at me with love, he looked at me with anger most of the time but now… I saw hate.

“Please Jiyong, you can’t go to Isilnore now!” begged Seungri hugging his prince from behind with a tight grip.

“Then come with me!” said Jiyong without looking at him; he was keeping his chin up all the time.

“I would go everywhere with you but not right now Jiyong, you are going to get married soon!”

“Your highness, your family will come here soon for the wedding. Please, you don’t need to go to Isilnore.”

I could never let him go. He can’t go back to Isilnore in a time like this! He knew it very well, too. He can’t be reckless and stupid like this! But he was too angry and he was now just moving with pure anger. I am sure in the end he would not go. So I just had to cool down his fire as soon as it’s possible.

“NO! I want to go now!” he yelled again.

I took a few steps forward and then he saw me move so he looked at me frowning like he was trying to warn me.

“If your highness wanted to go, then I will take you to Isilnore,” I said calmly, looking into his eyes.

He stopped his wriggling to escape from Seungri’s grip and looked at me in surprise. Everyone was frozen in their spot with my unexpected words. Taeyang, on the other hand wasn’t seemed so surprised; my best friend has already realized my intention.

“King’s order! Please make the preparations for the journey,” said Taeyang and Jiyong’s maids bowed and started to walk quickly to the chambers even if they were still surprised.

Jiyong was just standing there looking at the ground. Nobody moved. Everyone got silent and the only sound heard was Jiyong’s heavy breaths.

With every breath he took his shoulders were rising and falling. I could see his pale face was now covered with sweat. He looks almost sick.

What happened to you my beautiful prince? Why are you so sad and panic? The most important question is why are you so angry with me? I knew I didn’t do anything wrong to you recently.

Should I approach him? Maybe he needs me to closer to him or… maybe I should disappear from his side? I don’t know, this time I really don’t know. I guess we would just wait for him to calm down a little.

Seungri was also just standing by himself doing nothing. We were all just looking at him; waiting for a sign to make the next move.

Then I heard a sob; a loud one. Prince was crying now. Then he suddenly fell on his knees. I hardly controlled myself to run over to him and take him into my arms. My heart was now breaking into pieces with every sob he made.

Everybody was so controlled; I guess they were just waiting for my move. Only Seungri sat down near him and just slowly started to caress the back of his best friend without even saying a word.

Now I could feel his energy was going down; he slowly put his head on his friend’s chest and Seungri wrapped his arms around him.

I should do something but I should never cross the line. I approached to them and I kneeled down to Jiyong’s level. I put my hand gently to his head to make him feel me.

“You seemed a little tired your highness. If you wish, we can start to our travel after you get some rest.”

He didn’t look at me nor he moved from Seungri’s arms but I finally heard him speak.

“I won’t go to Isilnore.”

It was almost like a whisper but since everybody was holding their breaths it was heard by everyone and they all sighed in relief.

Then I turned to Jiyong’s special male maids who were now waiting for my orders, “Please help his highness to go to his chambers,” I said and turned to leave.

I almost run to the temple to see Jaejoong; I know he knows what happened to Jiyong because he was with Jaejoong before.

It was not proper to enter the temple without Jaejoong’s approval to my meet request but this time I can’t wait. His helpers tried to stop me but I walked into the garden.

“His majesty, Amandil is resting right now,” said one of his helpers.

I looked at her frowning, “It is an emergency, please inform Jaejoong.”

But before even she gave me an answer, I saw Jaejoong is coming to me with a worried face.

“My son, you came.”

I immediately made a deep bow, “Please forgive me, I disturbed you but it was about Jiyong.”

He just held my hands, “He was so sad.”

“What happened to him? He wanted to go back to Isilnore!”

“No! Never let him go Seunghyun!” he said worriedly, It was the first time I saw panic on his beautiful face.

I took one of his soft, pale hand into my palm and held it with both of my hands, “Don’t worry, I would never let him go,” I said looking into his eyes to calm him down.

He nodded and then he leaded me to a bank and we sat down together.

“I talked with him about the wedding and the wedding night today,” he started.

I closed my eyes and then took a deep breathe. Now I could clearly understand why he looked at me in hate and anger.

I know soon someone should explain this to him. I know he would never welcome this news with joy but I just… didn’t expect a big reaction like this. Especially the hate in his eyes broke my heart a lot.

“I could never guess that he would get upset like this. He just stormed out from the temple after we discussed,” said Jaejoong looking at me as if he was still trying to understand Jiyong’s reaction.

“He is just afraid,” I said trying to make Jaejoong understand.

“I know, I know…” said Jaejoong in a low voice and nodding.

“Now he knows what we had to do at the first night?” I asked.

He nodded, “You are the only person who can comfort him.”

I just smiled bitterly, “Me? He hates me. I don’t even think he would like to see me from now on.”

Jaejoong looked at me frowning, “Hate? It is impossible.”

“I am sorry but he really doesn’t like me, Jaejoong.”

“There is no way he hates you my son, believe me,” he said and smiled at me caressing my cheek.

I just hoped that it was true and tried to smile back at him still couldn’t get rid of the scene of Jiyong looking at me with hate.

Then I put my head on Jaejoong’s shoulder to get some comfort just like Jiyong did to Seungri and I closed my eyes. I felt Jaejoong’s arms around me and then I relaxed a little with warmness of his arms.