Dead Kings

MARELAND

Hello my lovely readers! Here is a weekend gift ;) But this time we didn't have time to beta so I am sorry for the possible mistakes. I hope you enjoy! ^^

Chapter 18 - Dead Kings

Jiyong’s POV

I dug the ground with my fingers and grabbed the dust then I squeezed my fists hard crushing the dust in my palms with anger. I felt that my sweat was dropping from my head to my eyebrow and whole of my body was aching with pain from tiredness. I was not sure if my legs could carry me so I decided to keep sitting on the ground for a while.

I was lucky that my wounds were healing fast but actually even before they healed I was earning new ones.

Trying hard to breath I reached to my demon sword again but even before I touched the tilt it was thrown away from my reach. I didn’t have to look up to know who did this.

“It is enough for today,” said Seunghyun firmly with his deep voice.

Enough? Who could it be enough? I couldn’t do anything! I had to learn to use my powers with the demon sword. Our powers became more powerful with sword so that we could create a big light with Seunghyun to protect the people from the shadow.

It was useless. It was all useless if I couldn’t use my powers with the sword. It has been two days but I still couldn’t manage it. Every time I tried I couldn’t stabilize it and the strong power always threw me back with a big impact. I couldn’t even count how many times I fell. My back was aching and I didn’t even mention the wounds happened.

I didn’t care! I didn’t care the pain, wounds… If only I could control my powers. If only we could create the big light together. But it didn’t happen. I wanted to cry. I wanted to cry so hard but I couldn’t.

I didn’t even look up at Aran; I didn’t have any time to take a break right now. I punched the ground hard and then I crawled to my sword slowly but suddenly I felt the cold metal of Seunghyun’s sword under my chin and I stopped.

“I said it was enough,” he said with an angry voice.

I just froze in my spot. My whole body was now burning with anger. I would like to throw fire balls at him but I couldn’t. He was my Aran. His orders were clear and I had to obey him.

Seunghyun was turning to a very different person while we were training. He really became a real soldier even towards me. He never showed mercy and he kept ordering me around. It was not wrong; I also wanted to work hard to learn but I really couldn’t get rid of the fact that he was my lovely husband so sometimes I really got offended by his behaviors. I just tried to get used to it because I had to.

I finally looked up and saw him. He was looking down at me with a frown. I could see that he was angry. He finally took his sword back and put it on his sheath.

Was he angry because I still couldn’t use my powers with the sword? Or was he angry because I was being stubborn? I didn’t know. I really couldn’t decide.

I gathered all of my courage and spoke.

“I want to… I want to keep working, his majesty.”

“You are tired, we will continue tomorrow,” he said sternly still keeping his frown.

It started to break my heart, his behaviors, I had to admit. I gulped down hard and closed my eyes. I realized that my mouth all went dry but I tired one more time.

“Please…” I said and tried to look at his eyes.

“No!” he said rising his voice this time.

I trembled a little and suddenly I felt a warm wetness on my left elbow. I looked down and saw that my white shirt was now all red with my own blood.

I guessed I was wounded when I fell down but it was so strange that I couldn’t even felt the pain until now.

Suddenly I felt a pair of gentle hands was holding my elbow. I finally got out my trance and saw Seunghyun was kneeling down in front of me and trying to slip off my sleeve as gently as he could to look at my wound.

It was dangerous, you know. The love. A moment ago all I think was my powers and I was burning with anger. But now I didn’t even care about my wound; all I could think was Seunghyun and how amazing he looked while he was caring my wound. His perfect profile and his slightly flying hair with the breeze were captivating me. My handsome Aran was the only thing in my mind right now. How could I fall in love with him every day over and over again?

Love. Love is the thing that made us came together; created miracles for us. But on the other hand it was really dangerous.

I saw him signaled some people to come. I guess it was about my wound. I really couldn’t think properly right now; I guess it was because I was too tired.

“It will heal soon…” I just murmured.

Then I realized that I was really out my energy. My head started to spin lightly.

“It is bleeding really much. They should treat it until it heals,” he said without taking his eyes away from my elbow.

I realized his anger was gone. I was really his weak point just like he was mine.

Suddenly he grabbed me and lifted me up from the ground. I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck and I felt relax for the first time since this morning. Finally I realized how nervous and anxious I was for hours.

“You are exhausted. It is better to get some rest in the room while they treat your wound.”

I couldn’t resist him this time because he was right. When he took me into his arms suddenly all of my will had gone and I admitted how tired I was.

“I am sorry,” I just whispered while he was carrying me to our room.

I heard him chuckled, “Why are you sorry, Vanya?”

“For being so useless.”

He suddenly stopped walking and looked down at me.

“Useless? Vanya… My beautiful…”

He kissed my forehead and I felt like I melted like butter.

“I got angry because you are forcing yourself much. When you were out of energy it was useless to move on. So your stubborn moves make me angry.”

I felt my eyes were getting teary but I held back my tears.

“I couldn’t make it, Aran. What if I…” I couldn’t complete my sentences.

By the time he put me on our bed he saw my red eyes but I was still resisting against the tears.

He held my hands and kissed them. Now I was feeling a lot better. My energy started to come back to me.

“You will make it, Vanya. We will make it. Never worry about this.”

I just looked into his eyes for a while and I saw the determination and belief in his eyes. My heart was delighted a little but I was still worried.

“But I am afraid,” I whispered.

He smiled at me and caressed my hair gently.

“I will always be your side, baby,” he said and then he put his hand on my chest.

“You power is inside of you and you will make it. I am sure of it.”

I couldn’t help but smiled at him then I took his hand on my chest and kissed it.

“I love you,” I whispered.

“I love you too.”

Then he waited while they were treating my wound and watched. After they left he came back and sat down on the bed near me.

“Now, please have some rest. Tomorrow we will continue, okay?” he said caressing my now messed up hair.

I nodded, “But…Can I go to see Jaejoong after I have some rest? I just… need him.”

He smiled, “Sure.”

Then he stood up from the bed, “Now I am leaving. I will meet Elenda and Daesung and we will discuss some strategy issues.”

I nodded but I held out my hand to him so he took my hand bending down to me and I pecked his lips. Then he left.

I felt like I really couldn’t move from my bed so I just closed my eyes and took a nap. After I woke up I had a bath. It was close to dinner time but I should see Jaejoong first.

It was a good thing that my wounds were healing but when I lost too much energy it was hard for me to gain them back unlike Seunghyun. I hope that I would be like him after I gained more experience and got older.

I arrived at the temple and Jaejoong came to see me soon. He offered me tea and I gladly took this offer. We just sat and drank our tea for while in silent. It was enough relaxing for just sitting with him.

I felt his soft hand on my hair and I turned to look at him and then I smiled.

“My beautiful demon boy looks so tired,” he said softly.

Concern could be read from his eyes so I just decided to tell my worries directly.

“I still couldn’t use the sword with my powers…” I said and sighed.

“Seunghyun can teach you.”

“Yes… He is trying his best to teach me but…” my words just were hooked in my throat suddenly. I couldn’t finish my sentences.

He held my hands and looked at my face carefully, “You will learn. Don’t you worry about that.”

“Seunghyun keeps saying that, too. But I… I am so afraid.”

I bent my head down and tried to control my tears. I was keeping them for too long but I couldn’t let them right now.

He gently held my chin and raised my head, “My beautiful. Your fire power is too strong even for you to handle. You are really a powerful demon,” he said and then he put his hand on my chest right on my heart, “Your fire power comes from here,” then he put his hand on my head, “Your water powers comes from here.”

I looked at him blinking my eyes but I felt that my heart was beating faster. Finally there was light for me at the tunnel. I waited for him to tell me more.

“First act with your heart and then stabilize it with your brain. That’s it.”

Now the bells were ringing; I finally figured out something. I just nodded slowly and he smiled.

“You will make it, I believe in you.”

I smiled back at him, “Thank you… Thank you so much!” I shouted and threw myself on him and hugged him tightly.

He was now laughing at me. I heard him laugh for the first time and I adored it.

Jaejoong was sure a magical creature. He was his own magic that could make people relax and happy.

“But you are so out of energy, my beautiful. As much as you work hard you should also take good rest. Your limit is lower for now.”

I held his hands tightly, “I know. It really makes me mad… Why I am weak like this?” I asked with a pout.

“You are not weak. You are just too young. With time you will keep your energy longer.”

“But we don’t have much time…” I said and I sulked uncontrollably.

“It will be enough. The energy you have is enough right now.”

“Really? You are serious?” I asked in excitement.

He nodded with a smile on his face and I hugged him again for the second time.

I left the temple with a big smile on my face and I walked back to our chambers to share the news with Seunghyun.

I walked from the path to the main castle but it was strangely silent. I also remembered I didn’t saw any soldiers around; usually there were soldiers around to patrol. In these days there were many soldiers because of the security.

I started to feel cold; really cold. I saw that my breath was turning into steam then I started to shake. I hugged myself and I started to walk faster.

I really didn’t know what was happening but I knew that it was not right. I put my right hand on the tilt of my sword and at the same time I made myself ready to use my powers.

Suddenly something passed in front of me. I couldn’t see what was it but it was so fast. I froze in my spot. There was still nobody around. So I started to run as fast as I could.

Then I saw it. A black smoke appeared in front of me and I stopped. I knew that I should have walked past it and ran; I should have run to Seunghyun but I stopped and I couldn’t move. Something inside of me was telling me to wait and I froze and watched the smoke.

Slowly the smoke started to turn into a figure; a human figure. It was a male wearing a uniform just like Seunghyun wore sometimes. He was blonde and he was an amazingly handsome young man.

What was this? A ghost, maybe? I really didn’t know.

Suddenly I felt like all of my fear had gone and the only thing in my mind was to get closer to this man. I felt in the deep of my heart that this creature was no harm for me.

I took a step towards the figure and he didn’t move. Then I took another step and looked at him carefully. There was a symbol on his uniform and I took a closer look at it.

Something got caught in my throat and I forgot about the breathing; it was Anarnore Kingdom symbol. There was no doubt and I didn’t have to think twice; he was my father.

I started to tremble very badly from the shock but suddenly he just smiled at me.

“Fath..er…” I whispered with my trembling lips.

“Son. My beautiful son,” he spoke and I started to shake worse.

His voice was deep like my Seunghyun yet so lovely and caring. I fought with the urge to run to him and hugged him but I know he was not a living creature.

I felt my legs were hardly carrying me and then I felt warmness on my face. I was crying. I fell on my knees and sobbed. Then I looked at him again.

“I got married with the elf king, father. I am now the queen of Calima,” suddenly I said trying to brush off my tears.

I didn’t know why I said this to my father first but I guess it was the most important thing for me so I just wanted my father to know this.

“I know and I am so glad,” he said and smiled more.

I smiled back but then I remembered our important task. There were so much thing that I wanted to share my father but I could guess that there wasn’t enough time.

“Father, there is something dangerous coming and we have to stop it.”

“Yes my son. I know it. That is why I came.”

“I am afraid, father. Will be able to save the Mareland?”

He smiled warmly again, “You will my son, never worry about this.”

Then I saw him came closer to me. Actually he didn’t walk; just flow on the air.

“Listen to me my son. They didn’t have enough of your and king’s blood. They will need more to call the shadow. But they have already opened out the door between living things and dead things. Be careful!” he said.

Then I saw him smile at me again and suddenly he turned into a smoke and gone. But I heard his last words.

“We love you, my son.”

Seunghyun’s POV

I tried one more time to speak with him but he didn’t even look at me. He didn’t even speak a little word since I found him crying on the path to the main castle.

We couldn’t figure what had happened but the only thing I knew was Jiyong was beyond sad and his body was so cold.

Taeyang was still examining him because first he searched for a physical wound and now he was looking for a dark spell. We were afraid for him to be under a spell.

I sat down near him and took his hand. I felt he was still too cold. Then suddenly he started to shake like a leaf. I took him into my arms and hugged him tightly.

“Bring some blanket! I shouted for the maids.

“Seunghyun…Maybe you should take his clothes off and yours too. Your body temperature will help him more,” said Taeyang and immediately looked elsewhere.

I saw him slightly blush and it made me smile even in a moment like this. When maids were trying to cover Jiyong with blankets Taeyang suddenly ordered them.

“Prepare a warm bath for his majesty Tari.”

Then he looked at me and then came closer and whispered, “Warm him with your own body then help him to get a bath. It will work.”

“Thank you, my friend.”

He nodded and the left the room following with maids.

I looked at my beautiful Tari between my arms still shaking. His eyes were closed tightly now. I put a kiss on his forehead and the left his body on bed and covered him with blankets again.

First I took off my clothes and I only left my underwear. Then I did the same to Jiyong. He didn’t even open his eyes while I was taking his clothes off.

I was starting to worry about him a lot and it was making me so sad to see him like this. But for now all I could do was try to keep him warm.

I hugged him from behind and tried to cover him with my body as much as it was possible to transfer my body temperature to him.

“Who did this to you baby?” I whispered into his ear and hugged him tighter.

After a while I carried him to bathroom and put him into the warm water and then I got in the tub and took him into my arms again.

Finally he wrapped his arms around my neck and pressed himself tightly to me. I guess he was getting out from the shock. I felt so glad.

I kissed his forehead and his closed eyes. Then I kissed his tiny cute nose. He was lying between arms like a little cute cat.

I washed him then I wrapped him into a towel and carried him back to our bedroom. I put him on the bed. He was not shaking anymore and he was not cold anymore. I wrapped a blanked around him and I left to wear my clothes.

When I turned back I found him on the bed again. He was sitting in the middle of the bed with the blanket around him and looking at me.

I smiled and walked to him then I sat down near him on the bed. I caressed his hair softly and he snuggled closer to me. He kissed my chin and then he put his head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around his body and started to caress his back.

“What happened to you, Vanya?” I whispered into his ear.

He didn’t answer first but after a few seconds I finally heard him spoke.

“Seunghyun…” he said softly.

“Yes, my beautiful…”

“I saw my father. He spoke to me.”

I suddenly froze but then I held his head raising it up slowly and looked at his face.

“Baby… You know it is not possible.”

He shook his head.

“I know it sounds crazy but I really saw him,” he said looking into my eyes.

I was puzzled. I really couldn’t understand what was going on but I knew something was wrong. I just looked at him frowning.

“Yes, I know my fater was dead. I am not crazy, Seunghyun,” he said pouting.

I caressed his hair, “I believe in you, okay? Now tell me what exactly you saw.”

He took a deep breathe first, “It was a black smoke first then it turned to be my father. I knew he was not a living creature but… he was my father, I am sure of it.”

I nodded but said nothing. He shivered a little and I was afraid for him to get cold again so I just wrapped the blanked tightly around his body.

“He said an important thing, Aran. He said that Menelin didn’t have enough of our blood and they needed more to call the shadow but… He said that they already had opened out the door between living and dead things.”

I felt like my blood froze in my veins with the news. I gulped down hard and I just closed my eyes for a few seconds.

It was good to hear that they still need our blood but it was so dangerous to open this door. So now to open it fully and call the shadow they have to wait for the new moon.

Our blood…Without our blood they couldn’t do anything but… What were they planning to do then? Remembering their tricks before… I started to get really worry. Now I couldn’t even leave Jiyong alone for a moment and I also had to protect myself.

I felt a warm palm on my cheek and I opened my eyes. Jiyong was looking at me with worry.

“Are you okay, my love?” he asked.

It was so ironic that only a few minutes ago I was worried about him and now he was worried about me. I smiled.

“Yes, I am okay.”

Then I slowly got up from the bed and walked to the door. I should talk this with Daeseng and Taeyang we should decide what to do. Then I had to see Jaejoong.

Before I opened the door I remembered Jiyong.

“Oh. Baby. Can you dress by yourself?”

“Sure,” he said and walked to the closet.

I opened the door and a maid came immediately to me.

“Please inform sir Taeyang and sir Daesung to meet us at the meeting room,” I said and walked into the room again.

Jiyong came out from the closet fully clothed. I held his hands and kissed them.

“First you should eat something. I will send dinner to our room after that please join us at the meeting room.”

He nodded and I kissed his lips.

“And please, never stay alone. There are two soldiers outside the door and walked with them even coming to the meeting room.”

“I will. Don’t worry,” he said smiling and then I finally left the room.

I walked through the corridors to meeting room but then I decided to see Jaejoong first until Taeyang and Daesung came. Time was so precious for us now.

I took two soldiers with me and then I rushed to the temple. I felt like it took years to walk the path to temple. It felt like with every step I took my legs were getting heavier. I realized that I was really out of breath and suddenly it really got cold. I could see the steam coming from my mouth and now I knew something was wrong.

I stopped and grabbed the tilt of my sword and turned my back to warn my men who was following me.

“What?!” I shouted.

Soldiers were gone! There was nobody around!

“What is going on?”

I took out my sword and then I felt some presence behind me and I turned around quickly with my sword in my hand ready to attack.

I came nose to nose with my… father.

“Hello, son,” he said with a smile on his face.

I just looked at his face without even saying a word. What could I say though? My dead father was now in front of me and he was smiling at me. He never smiled at me when he was alive.

Now I understood why Jiyong was in shocked. It was so normal that my poor baby couldn’t even speak.

I closed my eyes for a while to calm myself down and then took a deep breath before I opened them again.

“Hello, father,” I said bowing deeply.

Even if it was a ghost, I had to show respect, right? Since it was my father’s ghost… I guess I was getting insane. I closed my eyes again.

“I won’t disappear even if you close your eyes,” he said.

Oh great, he had a sense of humor now. I opened my eyes and looked at him again.

“What is happening, father?” I asked finally.

“They opened door. You should be careful, really careful.”

“Yes, we know it.”

“How? Ah! This demon king came before me, right?”

I looked at him with my eyes wide open. I guess my father really changed at the other side and… he was friend with the demon king or something? Is this really my father?

“How… is he by the way? Little demon boy… that you married?” he asked without looking at me. It felt like as if he was shy about to ask Jiyong if ghosts could get shy.

“He is doing great,” I said smiling at him.

“Good to hear that,” he said and then he cleared his throat, “Anyway. They opened the door and now all of the kings and queens that died until now are wondering around in the living world.”

“It was not hard to guess…”

“And not all of them are like us, Seunghyun,” he said sternly, “Some of them returned with the thought of revenge so… some of them dangerous. You should close the door.”

“This door… How can we find it?”

“That beautiful Amandil… Is he still with you?” he asked smirking.

Even his ghost was flirting. I guess some of your characteristics never changed even when you died.

“Yes, father. He is with me.”

“He will show you the door. Take your cute Tari with you and close the door.”

“I will,” I said smiling.

“At living world… we have this… useless form. That is why… I couldn’t hug you, son,” he said looking into my eyes deeply.

I looked back into his eyes and felt his deep love and… longing. I shivered with this feeling and then I froze in my spot with his words.

“I am proud of you my son and… I love you.”

I felt my mouth was trembling but I forced to open it to say my words to him. But he started to disappeared into a black smoke and I shouted my words behind him loudly.

“I love you, father!”