Fierce Prince

MARELAND

Chapter 3: Fierce Prince

Seunghyun’s POV

“Seungri!” shouted the demon prince and threw himself in front of Daesung’s sword and my heart almost came to my mouth with fear.

Fortunately Daesung was really a good swordsman so nobody got hurt but I was still worried about the demon boy. I was always on alert to protect him since we met but when I came to think about it… actually I hurt him more than once in a short time. I won’t lie, it bothers me a lot to hurt him but it can’t be helped. I also have a feeling that this is just the beginning; I have to hurt him a lot in the future. He is a young, inexperienced, rebellious demon prince and he has to be my queen. It will be hard, very hard.

“Please sir Daesung, he is my friend!” begged Jiyong.

Daesung took his sword back and apologized bowing.

“I mean no harm to your friend your highness, I was just being cautious.”

Jiyong just nodded and then smiled at Daesung. Even if the only light source was Taeyang’s scepter I felt like his smile illuminated the pitch black of the night. If only he smiled once for me too.

Then I saw Jiyong held this young Menelin boy’s hands and asked if he was okay. I suddenly felt an urge to punch the boy in the face. Maybe I couldn’t punch him but still he couldn’t touch my bride so I took a step forward to them to warn him but Taeyang held my arm and stopped me.

“That’s okay. This boy can touch his highness,” he whispered.

Daesung and soldiers were also waiting for command because they were also aware that his highness was being touched but I signaled them that it was okay.

Taeyang could feel these kind of things; so this boy was a and innocent. This is really good actually so now our prince had someone to accompany to him.

“What are you doing here?” asked Jiyong to his friend.

“I was searching for you! I decided to come with you.”

“I said you couldn’t come with me Seungri!”

“I don’t care! I should come with you; you are my best friend.”

“No, you shouldn’t.”

“Who are these people by the way? I really get scared,” he whispered to Jiyong but I heard and smiled to myself.

Jiyong just sighed and then he stood up and turned to us. Seungri also stood up and bowed to us.

“Seungri is my best friend,” Jiyong introduced his friend to us.

We all greeted the boy then Jiyong looked at me, “King of Calima, Seunghyun,” Jiyong introduced me.

Then he continued with Taeyang and Daesung. The boy was really shocked and he bowed countless times in front of us again. We had hard time to stop him but he was really excited.

Finally we settled and ate our dinner in peace. Seungri and Jiyong were whispering each other continuously because Seungri kept asking questions about us. Since Jiyong also didn’t know much he was about to get mad at his friend and it was really entertaining to watch them.

We were on the road with first light of the sun. I took the prince with me again and Seungri rode with Daesung. All of us were in silent during the trip and gladly we reached at Jiyong’s house in a short time.

A very nice couple welcomed us warmly at Jiyong’s house. They were the people who raised our demon prince; Jiyong was calling them mother and father.

Old lady was in tears when he saw Jiyong. She was really sad for Jiyong to left house so when he saw the boy so soon again she was really happy. It will be really hard to take Jiyong away from them again.

It was lunch time so they prepared us a very big table at their beautiful garden. Jiyong, Seungri and even Taeyang and Daesung helped them. I also wanted to help but I got scolded by the old lady; she said that I should have sit and wait like a king.

We were all surprised; because we were all raised by getting teach that Menelin and Elves couldn’t get along, Menelin don’t love Elves… I never wanted to believe this since the beginning; I could guess that all of the Menelin people may not be as nice as them but I am glad that we met such nice Menelin people.

Then I chatted with his father. He was old but I could say that he was really strong and healthy for his age maybe it is because he was a soldier.

I was really amazed by the love they had for Jiyong. Old man told me the story how he found Jiyong.

Old man was one of the important soldiers of the Isilnore king. When they entered the castle of Anarnore he was one of them. Jiyong was given to him by his nanny.

“Young nanny begged me to protect the baby boy. I had no choice; I couldn’t harm a baby. So I hide him and then took him with me even if I know he was a demon and the only heir of the thorn,” said the old man smiling at Jiyong who was now sitting at the table with the others.

My heart was fluttered with Jiyong’s story because he was a miracle boy. I really don’t want to imagine what would happen to him if this man didn’t protect him. Maybe he was now a slave at Isilnore castle.

“Thank you sir, the thing you did was something that all of Mareland would be grateful.”

“We were… all out our minds in these days and I am full of regret. At least I saved this wonderful boy so I am glad.”

“Aina is also glad, sir.”

He looked at me with the tears shining in his eyes, “You should know that knowing this made my heart gets lighter a little, made my regrets lighter.”

I reached out to his hands, “Please don’t be sad, from now on I will work to correct our mistakes and Jiyong is so important to us in this path.”

He just nodded and I felt Jiyong’s curious eyes on us. I suddenly turned to him and smiled. He shyly escaped his eyes from mine.

During the meal time Taeyang and I didn’t speak about our mission and why we came. We wanted everyone to eat in peace.

I felt Jiyong’s eyes on me all the time I spoke so I sometimes looked at his direction to just catch him staring at me. Young prince was listening to me in anticipation.

“Aina speaks with me for the first time after my father’s… death. It was about a year ago.”

“Yes, Jiyong has already said that you had an Amandil,” said the old man.

“Our Amandil, Jaejoong came and found me by himself carrying the message of Aina. He clearly stated that Aina now wants to save the children of Mareland so I have chosen for her plan along with…Vanya. This means Jiyong.”

Jiyong eyes were wide with chock. He looked at me with his mouth hang open for a while then he escaped his eyes from me and looked down at his hands. I guess he really didn’t think about the bride thing wass serious; maybe he just thought that I was just teasing him.

Nobody spoke; so I just continued, “Aina doesn’t send messages often so as far as we know she wanted me to find the young demon prince and protect him. Then she wanted a marriage between Jiyong and me; she already blessed this marriage.”

Jiyong was now as red as a tomato. I could clearly see his face even his head was down.

“There is no further information; she just asked a marriage for now. Jaejoong just stated that Jiyong was so precious he would play an important role along with me.”

Suddenly Jiyong stood up harshly from his seat and left the table. He disappeared into the forest. Seungri excused himself kindly and followed him.

Jiyong really detested the idea of a marriage between us; I could clearly see this. I am not blaming him really. He is just too young and it is normal to feel like this. I also didn’t like the idea of a marriage at first but since I know this is for Mareland’s future I immediately made up my mind. Then… I saw him; his beautiful face, his amazing fire power, his fierce behaviors and the feelings that he gave me… I actually now not only in the mind but also in the heart I could marry with him. Maybe it is so soon for a love between us but I had a feeling that this would change soon.

Jiyong’s father turned to me and smiled kindly, “Jiyong is not a bad boy your majesty, please don’t misunderstand his behavior.”

I smiled back, “He is too young, I understand. Please don’t worry.”

“Do you like the meal, your majesty?” suddenly Jiyong’s mother asked.

Actually, the meal and everything in here were so good. It was one of the most delicious meals I had so far.

“Everything was so delicious madam, thank you.”

“Our Jiyong… really likes working in the fields; he can grow vegetables and fruits very well.”

“Don’t forget about the flowers, too,” said old man.

“Ah! Yes, whole garden is his creation,” added Jiyong’s mother.

I looked around the amazing garden. Then I came face to face with Taeyang. He was also amazed about Jiyong’s skills. We smiled at each other understanding our feelings.

“His highness is really talented, I am amazed,” said Taeyang smiling at his mother and father.

Even Daesung and the soldiers all murmured about how delicious the meals and fruits were.

They both smiled back to us. I waited for them to go on and tell me more about Jiyong. I was really curious.

“Not just flowers; he can create lots of beautiful things. He makes bracelets and necklaces for the ladies; young girls of our town always waited for him to make some jewelry for them,” stated his mother laughing lightly.

I really didn’t like the young ladies part but I continued get amazed by his talents.

“But… unfortunately the more he grows up the more he gets curious. When he was about 8 he already knew that he was different from others so we had to tell him that he was a demon. We didn’t know when he could use his fire powers so we had to prepare him for this changing.”

I nodded and wanted him to go on.

“Because of his look, we couldn’t even let him to go to big cities of Isilnore. There were not so much demons alive around so we were just afraid something happens to him. But he was a very clever and curious little boy; he tried to learn everything he could. We just knew that we couldn’t keep him in here anymore so I just told him the truth; he was a demon prince. About a year ago his powers also came alive.”

“You had done the right thing, sir.” I said trying to assure him.

“I told him because I just wanted him to protect himself knowing this truth; knowing how precious he was.”

Both Taeyang and I nodded at his statement. I was so glad that Jiyong were raised by them.

“I believed that… this was Aina’s will, sir. You were chosen to find and protect Jiyong; you are the one who started our fate; Mareland’s fate.”

Old man smiled, “I knew that Jiyong was a special boy from the beginning and he would be someone important but beyond this… he is our precious son. We protected him and gave our love to him so from now on you are responsible from him, your majesty”

When he finished his sentences I saw Jiyong behind the trees. He heard his father’s words for sure; he looked at me frowning.

I looked at Jiyong smiling and then I turned to look at old man; I have already got his warning.

“I will protect your precious son with my life sir, please don’t worry.”

Jiyong heard my answer and disappeared into the house without looking at me. I will protect him for sure but I am not sure if it would be possible without hurting him.

“When Jiyong… left us I couldn’t handle with it, his majesty. Now I relieved that he will be with you. At least I know he will be in safe,” said the old lady with tears in her eyes.

I held her hands, “Please don’t cry, you will be able to see Jiyong whenever you want.”

She held on to my hands too, “Thank you, his majesty.”

It really broke my heart; the old couple really became like Jiyong’s real parents. They seemed to love each other so much.

“I should help him to collect his things for the journey,” said Jiyong’s mother and excused herself from the table.

“We will miss him so much. Jiyong is loved by all of the people in the village. Our boy has a golden heart; he helps people a lot,” said the old man.

We were all listening to him in silence. I was so surprised about Jiyong’s personality because I only know his arrogant, teenage side.

Our peace was broken when a very angry demon prince stormed from the house and yelled at me.

“Who said that I am coming with you?!”

Everybody was just frozen against his rude and angry question. There were only two people who could warn him; me and his father. But this time I chose to stay quite. This time I have other plans.

“Jiyong! Apologize from the king!” his father yelled back at him standing up from his seat.

I just turned to his father and gestured him to sit down, “Please, that’s okay.”

On the other hand Jiyong was like he even didn’t hear his father.

“I don’t take any orders from an elf and I will never be a bride of an elf!” he yelled again.

“The only problem is that we are elves here? Would you marry with a Menelin or a sorcerer?” I just asked calmly.

“NO! I have other plans than to marry with someone!”

“Your highness, please. It is not just about a marriage. Aina herself…” Taeyang started but I cut him.

“That’s okay Taeyang. He is right. We can’t force him, right?” I said and looked intensely into Jiyong’s fierce eyes.

I felt Taeyang looked at me in surprise but he didn’t say anything. I guess he understood my real intention.

“Jiyong, this is Aina’s will,” said Jiyong’s father.

“But this is not my will!” yelled Jiyong again.

“Right, this is not my will either,” I said calmly looking into Jiyong’s sky blue eyes.

I could sense that everybody was in shocked with my statement. They were looking at me with wide eyes. Only Taeyang was sitting calmly with crossed arms and closed eyes. Jiyong was also surprised but he was trying to hide this behind his frown. But I could easily saw that the anger in his eyes were already gone.

I will be honest with him because we were just at the beginning and I know things will get hard. Even if he is young he will have to face them so I should be honest with him so he can be prepared to the consequences.

“The truth is we are no good for each other, Jiyong. We are just like fire and water. We are the only two kinds that can harm each other the most in whole Mareland; demons and elves. I am not even mentioning our past. We even don’t know each other and you are way too young. Yes, a marriage between us seems so hard.”

Jiyong just looked into my eyes carefully as if he was trying to understand my sincerity. I looked back at him and I guessed that he could sense it. Even if we are too different from each other I know that we somehow had an interesting connection; like Taeyang stated we destined to be a couple. I bet Jiyong also could sense this and that’s why he was so fierce.

“Then… we are going against Aina’s will?” he asked curiously.

He was curious maybe but he was not happy about it because even he didn’t like the idea of marriage I knew that he also didn’t like the idea of going against Aina’s will. So when I looked at him I didn’t saw a relief or happiness in his eyes; I saw disappointment. I guess he waited for me to force him. I could understand; he really would like to do as Aina says but he just couldn’t find courage. His high pride also was an obstacle.

“I am not. I will do as Aina says. Because I want to change the Mareland; I want to bring the peace again. On this path Aina chose to guide us so I will do as Aina says even if it is hard. I would like to give a chance to this marriage. But this is my choice your highness. If you don’t choose to Aina’s way then there is nothing I can do.”

Jiyong was now helpless. Truths bothered him; I could say.

“But…Aina knows everything… She knows the past. Why… why she wants this marriage?” Jiyong murmured looking down at the ground.

“Jiyong, are you seeking for revenge?” I suddenly asked.

Jiyong finally couldn’t hide his shock. He was now really surprised at my honest statements and direct questions.

“I… I don’t believe in revenge but… I just don’t believe in love, honesty and honor in Mareland.”

“It is not that you are wrong but not all of the people are like this. What do you think about us?”

“I… don’t know. I just can’t trust anyone.”

“Is it because my father was one of them who destroyed Anarnore? But I am not my father, Jiyong. Isilnore king was also one of them, right? There was a war and I bet you also know that Anarnore king also get into this war but unfortunately he was defeated by Menelin and Elves. All three of them got into this war.”

I looked at Jiyong who was now bending his head. I couldn’t look at his eyes but I could see his face was all red. Finally he could manage to see the truth behind his wall that he built with anger.

“I am not defending any of them and I am not getting away from the guilt of my father. But what we can do? Menelin king died in the war as well and my father died last year but he lived in regret. Would you like to revenge them?”

Jiyong just shook his head. I felt so sorry for the boy but he had to face them.

“They all made a mistake but when they realized this it was too late. But I am not my father. Even if I accept their fault I won’t just sit and wait. I want to create a better future for everyone in Mareland, not just for elves. Even if we are too different, we are all brothers; Aina loves all of us.”

Jiyong finally looked up at me. His eyes were shinning now and I realized the desperation in his eyes went away. He believed me; I could feel it but I guess his surrender was not so soon.

So it was time to let him decide. I know he would come with us but let’s let him think that it was his decision. He may be a special and talented prince but he was also a young boy so he really doesn’t like it when we force him. Now, he had to make a decision.

I stood up and walked closer to him. Even if it was forbidden I touched him again. I put my palm on his head and luckily he didn’t push me away.

“I can’t force you to come with me but I will suggest you to come with us and so you can directly talk to Jaejoong and learn Aina’s will. Then you can decide what to do.”

He nodded again but he didn’t say a word.

“I would also personally like to have you with us, Jiyong. If you share the same dream with us then it would be an honor for us to have you fight along with us.”

After my words all of the soldiers and Taeyang stood up and bowed to Jiyong.

“We would really be happy if your highness can give a chance to train ourselves with his precious fire powers,” Daesung said smiling to Jiyong.

Jiyong immediately smiled back at him; I am so glad that I have Daesung and his cute personality.

Taeyang also came near to Jiyong and smiled, “Calima castle also needs these beautiful flowers around. We will be really honored to have Anarnore Prince in our lands.”

Jiyong just looked everyone by one by with a smiling face and shining eyes.

“I should pack my things for the journey!” he said in excitement before running into the house.

****************************************************************************************************************************

Writing a fantastic story is harder than I thought but it is also entertaining! What do you think? Do you also like this fantastic story so far?? Thank you for reading! ^__^ (sorry for the mistakes XD)