Dragons

MARELAND

Chapter 6 – Dragons

Jiyong’s POV

I always dream about dragons since I was a child. I thought that they live on high mountains; since they can fly they should have live in high places but no… they live in valley!

I have seen seas, rivers and forests but it was my first time to see a valley; a valley that was the most beautiful place I have ever seen in my life.

There was big waterfall that the water was falling very loudly and there was a slight stream around the river. Whole area owns the many different shades of green. There were really beautiful flowers with many different colors that I have ever seen in my life. But… these were not the most amazing thing; the most amazing thing was the dragons flying around the waterfall or resting on the hills.

My heart started to pound like a drum again with the sight in front of my eyes. I was just too excited; but never scared. I had an urge to touch them, to feel them.

Dragons stopped flying around and all of them landed on the hills when they saw us. I felt that the others with me, Seunghyun, Seungri, Taeyang, Daesung and a few elf soldiers, also stopped with hesitation. But I was not afraid so I took a step forward. Then suddenly a really big, green dragon flied towards us followed by two other dragons; a blue and a red dragon.

“Guys… Let’s stay behind and never drive your swords. They will only obey Jiyong so never make them angry,” whispered Seunghyun and I felt them moved back a little.

Then the dragons landed in front of me and I almost fell back with the blow they made when they landed. I slowly opened my eyes and came face to face with the green dragon. His face was like… smiling?

I almost felt my heart would leave my rib cage because I saw this green dragon in my dreams many times before. Then I heard someone spoke.

“Vanya.”

I looked around. Seunghyun and others were also looking at dragons like they were hypnotized. Nobody seemed to hear the voice I heard. But I heard the voice again.

“We have been waiting for you, Vanya.”

Then I understood and I suddenly forgot to breathe. The green dragon was speaking with me but I was the only one who could hear him.

I just took a few steps forward and reached out to his head and touched his tough but slightly moist scales.

“I have always dreamt about you, I saw you in my dreams,” I spoke this time.

“We know; when you saw us we saw you too.”

I felt a wetness on my cheeks so I realized that I started to cry. I felt like I saw my own family; for the first time in my life I felt like I am in home.

“They are my friends; they are protecting me,” I said gesturing my friends because I don’t want the dragons get disturbed by them.

“We know and one of them will be your mate soon.”

I felt blood rushed to my face then I just nodded.

“Don’t be afraid our little demon. You will rule Calima with the king soon and then you will save the Mareland. We will always be here to help you.”

I his head again, “Thank you.”

Somehow I felt lighter with his words and now I found some more courage in me.

“My name is Calen,” said the green dragon.

“I am Agarin,” said a very nice female voice and I understood that it was the red dragon.

“I am Seleb,” said another female voice and this was the blue dragon.

I greeted them with bowing one by one. Then Agarin spoke again.

“Vanya, please call Aran here too.”

Aran… Oh. Seunghyun. I slowly turned my back and walked to them.

“Your majesty, they asked for you,” I said to Seunghyun.

All of them looked at each other in shock and then Seunghyun took off his sword belt and gave it to Taeyang before walk near to dragons with me. He bowed deeply in front of them and they also greeted him with a nod because Seunghyun couldn’t hear them.

“I am the most ancient living creature in Mareland, Vanya and please tell your Aran that we also blessed this marriage.”

I gulped down hard and then told what they said to Seunghyun. Then suddenly Seleb flied away and turned with a shining blue stone in and then she put it down in front of me.

“This is… glinmir,” said Seunghyun looking at the beautiful shining rock in excitement.

“Glinmir…” I repeated looking at the rock.

I was so surprised. Glinmir is the most important and valuable metal in Mareland. It can only be created by dragon’s flame and it was my first time to see a glinmir.

Legend says that this metal protects you from evil spells and a dragon master can communicate with dragons via glinmir.

“Please use glinmir along with elf gold to produce your wedding rings,” said Seleb.

I bowed and thanked them then I told Seunghyun Seleb’s words.

“We gladly will, thank you so much,” said Seunghyun and bowed again.

I was really speechless. Today I saw many things that I have always dreamt of and after this visit I felt so great; it was like meeting a family treasure even if I never know them but I guess it was because we were carrying the same blood.

We spend the night at the valley with the dragons. It was safe and I also really liked to spend time with them.

In the morning, it was really hard to leave them but we had a long way to Calima. I just couldn’t help myself and caressed their head one by one before I left.

We had used a long cave to reach the valley leaving our horses at the entrance of the cave. Now we had to walk back. Taeyang made some light with his scepter for us but it was not enough. It was okay for the elves because they could see well even if it is dark. Seunghyun had held my hand on the way here before so he offered his hand again.

I placed my hand in his large, soft and warm palm and he wrapped his fingers lightly around mine. My heart started to beat faster again with his touch. I was so amazed from his feather like touches from the start. He could be so nice when he wanted.

I sometimes get irritated from Seunghyun and most of the time I feel nervous around him. He is so nice since we came to Calima but I guess I couldn’t get over the fact that I had to marry with him.

He is the most handsome man I have ever met. He is too brave, so strong and at the same time so wise. But maybe this was the reason; he is too good. Am I jealous? I don’t know. I just… don’t want to be his bride; I only want to be perfect like him; so strong and wise.

Every time he touched I felt butterflies in my stomach. He makes me excited for sure I have to admit but… I hate it. I really don’t want to feel this way. I just have to marry with this man; it is my duty, nothing more. I don’t have to… feel something for him, right?

The most frustrating thing is “the need” I have in me for him. Just like happened two days ago, when I got week, my body almost acts its own and crave for him. How come we share powers? I don’t understand why a creature like me, a demon created from fire, needs an elf? I should talk to Jaejoong, I should ask him.

I got embarrassed when I remembered the 2 days ego’s memories. I acted like nothing happened but I exactly remembered how I slept between Seunghyun’s arms and how a relaxing and amazing feeling it was.

I even couldn’t realize we have already left the cave but we still walked hand in hand until we reach to my horse.

I got embarrassed and I felt some warmness on my cheeks. I just gently took my hand from his grip and thanked him with a slight bow. But I didn’t miss my friend Seungri smiling like an idiot at me. So what if we held hands?! I decided to deal with Seungri for later. But I also didn’t miss the warm smile on Seunghyun’s face. This man never fails to make me complicated all the time.

I climbed to my horse but suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my head and found it hard to breathe. Before I even looked around to ask some help I saw them.

I saw a crowded group of Menelin soldiers coming towards us. I felt the pain on my head got worse when they got closer.

Why were they coming here? For dragons? Or… me? The worst part is they are not coming to talk for sure, I saw they already drove their swords!

“Taeyang! Provide protection for your highness and Seungri! Then lead them to into the valley again!” I heard Seunghyun yelled from his lungs and then he started to give orders at the soldiers.

I saw Seungri and a few elf soldiers coming to my way. I had to come to my senses; I had to fight with them. I tried to get off from my horse but I could barely open my eyes because of the sharp pain in my head.

Then I suddenly felt a pair of hands helped me; it was Seungri. We walked to the entrance of the cave. Then I saw Taeyang was also coming.

“Your highness! Please go to into the valley again! I will seal this entrance with a spell to buy some time for you.”

“I can’t! I won’t leave you!” I yelled at him refusing to get into cave again.

“It is king’s orders. Besides we will be alright, you just need to stay in safe.”

Seungri held my hand tried to lead me to cave, “I will help them; you just stay in safe please Jiyong!”

I took my hand away from his grip and yelled in anger, “NO! I am not going!”

Dragons. Why aren’t they coming? I need them! We need them! Seunghyun and Daesung were amazing fighters but the enemy’s number was much more than us!

How can I call dragons? What should I do? I have to help them, I have to save them!

“Please, your highness!” begged Taeyang.

I turned to look at Seunghyun. He was already using his fireballs but he has to fight almost 5 or 6 Menelin soldiers at the same time. Daesung and the other soldiers were in the same situation.

Taeyang threw an impact spell to enemy and then he turned to me again, “Your highness, you have to run away!”

I shook my head and turned to battlefield again. I opened my palm to sky and tried concentrate to make a fire ball. I know it is hard to use my powers with the presence of Seunghyun but I had to try. I had to try to help them.

I tried my best but I couldn’t.  I tried again but it was useless. Then I saw him, Seunghyun was now under attack of almost 10 soldiers.

“No…” I whispered to myself.

Desperation. Anger. All of the feelings rushed to my body and I felt that my head was about to explode.

Then it happened. I saw a weak fire burning in my palm. I just focused to my inner powers and gave all of my energy and I finally formed a real fireball!

I threw it to the enemy around Seunghyun and then I suddenly felt a big shadow above me. That was the last thing I remembered before everything went black.

********************************************************************

This warmness and this nice smell again. I snuggled closer to the warm source more and refused to open my eyes.

Seunghyun. It was not hard to feel him but now I need him so I just stayed between his arms. Slowly I started to hear their conversation.

“Is he going to be alright?” asked Seungri then I felt that he held my hand.

“Sure! He just need have some rest and balance his energy with the help of Seunghyun,” said Taeyang.

Then I buried my head more to my energy source. It was so relaxing and peaceful to be in his arms right now so I just didn’t care.

“He just moved!” yelled Seungri. I guess he saw my head moved to get closer to Seunghyun. But I didn’t give a sign to hear him to stay longer between Seunghyun’s arms.

“His energy is rising, he will be okay soon,” said Seunghyun.

“It seems like, his hands are now warm,” said Seungri caressing my hand.

I finally decided to open my eyes not to make my friends worry much.

“What happened?” I whispered and then I felt all eyes on me. Smiling and caring faces were looking at me with happiness.

“You drained out of your energy just to make a stupid fireball!” said Seungri frowning at me. I know he hates it when I put myself in danger.

“It was not stupid, it helps us a lot,” said Seunghyun looking down at me smiling.

I, on the hand, was still lying in his arms, shamelessly. I am really tired you know, you can almost consider me as a sick person so I just hope nobody finds it weird.

Seungri didn’t say anything; I guess it was just not to talk against the king. He just crossed his arms and kept looking at me frowning.

“You saved us your highness,” said Taeyang smiling down at me.

I just looked at him frowning. I didn’t understand a thing.

“Dragons came to help us,” said Seunghyun, “Thanks to you, my prince.”

I looked at him in shock. Then I guess I blushed hard because I felt warmness on my face.

“Really?” I just asked.

He nodded and smiled. I don’t know how I made them come to help us but I was so glad I helped them. I could fly from happiness now. I just helped my friends!

“I guess the fire ball helped; dragons felt your presence and they came,” said Taeyang.

“Oh… but normally, how could I call for them?” I asked curiously.

“I will teach you soon; it is a bit complicated,” answered Taeyang.

I nodded and closed my eyes again. There was a big urge to sleep now. But I want to sleep in king’s arms.

I don’t know how much time passed but finally I heard Seunghyun’s kind whisper with his thick voice.

“If you feel better, shall we turn back to Calima, your highness?”

I opened my eyes and Seunghyun’s beautiful large, black eyes greeted me. I just looked into his eyes for a while then I nodded.

Slowly I stood up with his help but I was not ready to lose his presence so I did something that I could never imagine to do.

“I still feel dizzy… Can I ride with you?” I asked and put my head on his chest.

It was not a lie but it was not completely true either. I still feel tired but I could ride on my own. I don’t know what’s happening to me or how I found this courage but I just told this to be close to Seunghyun.

“If you are not okay we can stay for a while,” he said.

“No, no… I want to go back to… home,” I whispered, “Just please, I would like to ride with you.”

“Whatever you wish, my prince,” he whispered back.

Then I looked up to him and I saw him smile. I should smile back. But I didn’t. I just whispered again, “Thank you.”

I put my head on his chest and kept my eyes closed during the whole way to Calima. Most of the time I slept I guess. After a while I felt he put his hand on my belly to prevent me from falling. With the light weight of his gentle hand, I took the most comfortable sleep in my life and I felt so… safe.