Demon Prince

MARELAND

Chapter 1: Demon Prince

Seunghyun’s POV

I watched the big beautiful eagle made his way to Taeyang and landed on his shoulder. He gently ran his fingers through his snow white feathers and then took the little message box that was tied on of his leg.

We were away from Calima for almost a month; searching for a demon boy in enemy’s land, Isilnore. We don’t have so many clues; the only thing we knew that he lives in Isilnore but he can’t see the see, Jaejoong gave this information to us. It is really hard not to see the sea in Mareland so our search area in Isilnore became smaller but we still couldn’t find him.

We mostly wondered around forests and searched for any houses nearby since we knew that this boy was saved by a menelin and we believed that he has been living with a menelin family.

We were separated for two search teams since a group of elves would never welcomed by Isilnore so we shouldn’t get any attention. My commander Daesung and his 3 soldiers now are working separated from us, me, Taeyang and 2 of my soldiers. We were in contact thanks to Taeyang’s eagle, Nen.

“You will feel him when you get close,” was the only thing Jaejoong said to me before we left Calima but I don’t feel a thing expect from a growing anger since that day.

I stood up and made my way to my horse. The rest time is over; we should continue to our journey so I rode my horse.

“You don’t wonder about the news, his majesty?” asked Taeyang while riding to his own horse.

I just pushed past him without even looking, “No. Since I know there is nothing new.”

None of us even get only one clue so I have already stopped hoping.

“Daesung is saying that they found a clue and they were on the right way. They are waiting for us to join them, his majesty.”

I smiled and sighed in relief. Finally! If we can find the boy soon then we can go back to Calima. Now all we have to do is follow Nen.

“You are so restless, his majesty.”

I woke up from my thoughts and looked at my friend.

“How can I not be, my friend? I left Calima without a king, a commander and a best sorcerer for a month. I am worried.”

“This mission is so important and we must do this in secret so there is no choice. We can’t trust anybody till we find the demon prince.”

“I know… I know…”

Yes, I know he is right but my patient was running out of its limits. Calima means everything to me and I have to protect my people. On the other hand Aina wanted me to find this demon boy no matter what it takes but she never told me the reason. I know if Aina wants something this is never for nothing but right now I am just worried about my kingdom.

A demon. An heir of a fallen kingdom. Nobody knows this; only me can find and protect him. A demon. A creature comes from fire while I come from water. Demons are special and rare creatures but….It was really hard to find a demon in these days but I have to find this boy and… make him my bride.

A demon queen in an elf kingdom. How can this be happen? I can never…. Nobody even ever can imagine such a thing but Aina wanted this!

Jaejoong clearly told me that Aina wanted a marriage between me and this little demon prince and she was blessing this marriage.

“His majesty is chosen for a reason for this mission. Aina speaks to elf; not to menelin. This means your majesty, you can change the Mareland. You have a chance to recompense our ancestors’ mistakes and bring back the peace.”

“This is what I want my friend, this is really what I want.”

“What is bothering you then? Let me help you, your majesty.”

“Demon… prince. He is a demon Taeyang, my bride is a demon.”

“Demons are also important race that deserves to live in Mareland just like menelin or elves. We are created in equals. Water, fire, air and earth; we complete each other.”

“This is what it supposed to be but… our fathers killed demons, my friend. They broke the peace and now all of us are just fighting for power and trying to find a way to kill each other.”

“You majesty’s heart is so kind as always; you feel sorry against demon prince. We are all unrest about the past but… demon prince would understand in time.”

“We are… too different my friend; even our pasts are against each other. What is Aina thinking?”

“A miracle. You will make a miracle, your majesty.”

I just looked at the sorcerer’s eyes for a while and thought about his words. Taeyang never lies to me and if he advises something, it always works. That doesn’t mean I do everything he tells; we always fight but… He is a good adviser and a precious friend. So… I felt relieved about meeting the demon boy even if I still feel a little nervous.

“I have not met so many demons before you know…”

Taeyang looked at me and smiled, “I believe the prince is beautiful since Jaejoong already called him as ‘Vanya’”.

I laughed at his statement, “This is not a thing that I am worried about my friend!”

“I am just saying.”

We both laughed again. Finally the heavy clouds on my head disbanded a little.

“Vanya” I repeated the word in my mind. It sounds really good. I just have a strange feeling that even without seeing him Vanya suits him well. We all usually use mutual language but Jaejoong always speaks in ancient elf language. Vanya means “beautiful” in ancient elf language but Jaejoong used this word as if it is the demon boy’s name. Even before he comes into our lives; this boy already has his name from Jaejoong, Vanya.

The sun was about the set but we have been still following Nen. I smelled something good in the air; like a floral scent. But it was…. More beautiful any other flower. Every passing minute the scent became more and more beautiful.

“It is really…. A nice scent,” I talked to myself without even noticing but Taeyang heard me.

“What scent, your majesty?”

“Can’t you smell it?” I asked curiously. How can’t he smell this amazing scent?

“No, I can’t smell anything.”

It was not normal. What’s happening?

“Taeyang, I smell a very beautiful floral scent in the air. What do you think is going on?”

“Your majesty… maybe it is about…” I cut his words because I have already understood the situation.

“You will feel him when you get close,” Jaejoong’s words echoed in my mind again.

“It is because of him, Taeyang. I think… I feel him.”

Taeyang smiled widely, “We are really getting closer so Daesung was right!”

I smiled at him too and made my horse run wildly. Now I even don’t need Nen to lead the way, demon prince’s amazing scent was already taking me to him.

Suddenly I saw red flames rising to air from the forest. They were fire balls for sure! Demon prince’s fire balls! I was so amazed at the scene because I have never seen a demon while using his powers.

I turned to look at Taeyang, “My friend… We found him!”

“Yes, but he is a little bit angry I guess. That means Daesung has already found him.”

Daesung and his soldiers were around the demon boy and they were just protecting themselves against to fireballs. I guess they were just making him busy until we came. They don’t have a permission to touch him or use their powers against him; only s and innocents can touch him because he is my future bride and he is a prince. Some rules are so district in Mareland.

They can’t use their powers but I can.

I got off from my horse and slowly got closer to them. Suddenly the fireballs have gone and I saw the boy fell on the green grasses. I slowly approached the boy that was lying on the ground.

My breath hitched in my throat and the scent of the boy was spinning my head. He was the most beautiful creature I have ever seen. His semi long bright blonde hair was looking amazing against the green grasses but his eyes with long and beautiful lashes were closed. Lips were like red rose leaves and his nose was like a perfect shaped pearl. He was a perfect portrait of a demon that I have read on the ancient books.

Suddenly his eyes opened and I saw the deep blue of the oceans. He immediately jumped to his feet and I just signaled the others not to come close and I just waited for the beautiful boy’s action.

Our eyes met for the first time and I felt like my whole body got numb. I know I have to be careful against the boy and I shouldn’t put my guard down but I was already drowning in his beautiful blue eyes. On the other hand he was also just looking at me intensely and doing nothing. Maybe I just should try talk to him first.

But suddenly he turned his palms up and I felt his inner power rose so I understood that he would use his powers so I just formed a small and weak water ball in my palm to just prevent him. But nothing came. I still could feel his power rose but there were no fireballs.

He can’t use his powers.

Why? Maybe he was just tired, he was fighting against the soldiers but… There was something wrong. I remembered how he fell on the ground as soon as I came close to him.

He was also surprised. He was trying so hard but nothing came. I felt he was becoming angry. Then our eyes met again. I opened my mouth to say something; I should convince him that we are not his enemies but he chose to run before I say a word.

Without thinking I threw the weak, small water ball that I have created before and he was already on the ground.

“NO!”

I heard Taeyang shouting. But I don’t care; I just walked near the boy who was now lying on the ground and I was just paralyzed with his eyes again.

Taeyang held my arm, “Please don’t use your powers against him.”

“I couldn’t let him escape,” I said still looking into boy’s eyes.

His eyes were now shining like diamonds. His mouth was slightly opened and he was breathing hard. He was just lying on the ground powerless looking directly into my eyes.

“You power hurt him a lot your majesty, he is a demon.”

“I know but it was a weak attack,” I said without breaking the eye contact with the prince.

“Weak or not, water power hurts him more than any other power and please consider that you are a king, your power is too much for him.”

A single tear escaped from beautiful prince’s eye and I felt like my heart was broken into pieces. He was in pain.

“But he is a prince, too.” I murmured. I still can’t believe how much pain I caused to him.

“Yes, but he is too young and as you can see, his powers are unstable and… nobody trained him. He even can’t use the half of his powers; he doesn’t know how to use them.”

I will teach him. I will teach him everything and I will train him by myself.

“You saw it too, right? He couldn’t use his powers back then. Why Taeyang?” I asked my friend but I didn’t break our eye contact with the prince.

It was not proper to touch him before wedding but I just wanted to take him into my arms. He looks so fragile right now.

I still can’t believe how I feel deep things against this demon boy. I don’t know anything about him; I even don’t know his name. I have never heard his voice either but I want to protect him so much.

“It is because of you,” answered Taeyang, “You neutralized him.”

“How come? There were 4 strong elf soldiers around him but he kept throwing really strong fireballs.”

“No, it was not about power. You are a king and he is a prince and you are mates. You are already mates, your majesty and this thing is its proof.”

I saw little prince frown. He has been listening to us and it seems his pain was going away slowly. But still he can’t move.

“It is a temporary thing tough,” Taeyang continued to explain; “He doesn’t know what he is capable of yet; what a demon can do. Since you are stronger now, he can’t use his powers around you for now.”

I hardly broke our eye contact and came to my senses. I suddenly took the boy into my arms and raised him up from the ground.

“What are you doing?!!” Taeyang shouted in fear.

“I am taking my bride to more comfortable and a safer place.”

My Vanya started to shake slightly in my arms and I looked down at him. He was directly looking into my eyes, again. I can clearly see that he didn’t like me to touch him.

“You can not touch him, his majesty!”

“I know!” I shouted because I was getting angry now.

“But there is nobody in here can touch him either so I guess it is the best for me to touch him, right? We can’t make him stay here until he comes to himself. It is risky.”

With my action Daesung understood my will and he already signaled his men. They immediately tried to make a place that prince can rest.

Taeyang just nodded but he was still anxious; I can feel it but I don’t care. He is my mate, I can touch him. I don’t know but I felt that I am getting angry again. I don’t like Taeyang keeps saying what I can’t do about this boy. He is mine and I just want the whole Mareland knows this.

How come it was possible but while I was carrying him in my arms; I felt like I was carrying the most precious thing in this word. I had understood Aina’s words in the mind when she told me the importance of the boy but now I also understood in the heart that this boy is very precious.

I am carrying the fate of the Mareland. I know it. Peace will come.I don’t know how this would happen but I know in the heart that it will happen with the help of this boy.

We walked into the deeper of the forest then I gently put the prince down on the bed that soldiers made for him from the leaves. Then I put an elf cloak on boy who was still slightly shaking.

I really don’t want to leave the boy who was continuously looking into my eyes. I was still amazed by his stunning look and the strange feeling he was giving to me. And also there was this scent causing me dizziness.

I finally turned around and took a few steps away from the boy.

“Let’s stay here for a while until he is okay to talk.”

Daesung and Taeyang both nodded but Taeyang was restless; I knew it. After Daesung left to organize the soldiers Taeyang turned to me.

“You shouldn’t have done this! You can’t touch him! Forget about this! And never ever think to use your powers against him!”

I just smiled and looked over to boy again. Taeyang got angrier against my behavior.

“It is forbidden, you knew it!”

Taeyang and I were like brothers so when nobody is around he drops the honorifics and turns into a big brother scolding his brother. I love it when he does this; I feel like a normal person and I forget about my responsibilities for a while and enjoy being with a good friend and a brother. I need this.

“I had to carry him, right?”

“Actually we can just wait down there for him get better so you don’t have to touch him!”

“But it is safer like this, right? And I just can’t leave him lying like this!”

“We should’ve brought someone proper to accompany to your highness.”

“But we didn’t so there will be times that we had to touch him until we reach the Calima so I will be the one who accompany him.”

Taeyang just sighed but I know he was still angry with me so I can’t help but smiled; I was actually getting enjoyed from this situation.

Taeyang looked over the boy with worried eyes then turned to look at me, “As far as I know he has a menelin family here so I guess first we should find them.”

“Let’s take him to his home and talked to them then we should go back to Calima as soon as we can.”

“I won’t go back home.”

We both startled with the boy’s soft voice and turned to look at him. Our eyes immediately locked with the boy and I unconsciously smiled at the demon prince.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think? I really wonder about your thoughts and I hope you like it!

Sorry for the possible mistakes, I've tried my best ;)