Apology

MARELAND

Chapter 12 - Apology

Seunghyun’s POV

I felt the familiar sensation in my chest like a heavy rock crushing my heart and then I realized that Jiyong activated his powers. My own room was close to our room so I could already felt him even before Jiyong’s maid Shena had reached me to inform me.

I opened my room’s door and started to run and I came face to face with Shena.

“Your majesty! Please help!” she said in fear.

I have already known what was happening so I just ran and reached to the room and opened the door immediately.

When I entered the room the big fire wall around Jiyong had gone immediately and he fell down on his knees with out of breathe. He was not wearing anything; he was just wrapped a sheet around his body like I left him about only an hour ago. There were two maids around him and one of them was his male maid. They all were looking at Jiyong in shock.

“Tari!” I shouted in anger.

This time it seemed hard for me to control my anger. What was he doing acting like this?

Gladly he had just created a fire wall to prevent them to touch himself and he didn’t hurt anybody. Even if he could get angry so easily and I could never imagine him that he would hurt someone.

He raised his head and looked at me with burning eyes.

“I don’t want them to touch me! I don’t want anybody to touch me!” he shouted in anger.

I closed my eyes and sighed. I had to calm myself down but it was too hard because I had really enough of his spoiled behaviors.

“It is not possible for them to help you to take a bath without touching you, Tari,” I said trying to sound calm.

“I don’t want them to help me!” he shouted again.

That’s it. It was enough.

“Is this how you were taught back in Isilnore?! Is this your manners??” I shouted back.

He just looked at me with his mouth opened slightly in shock. I knew he was not expecting this but I really couldn’t control myself this time. I really didn’t have any time to raise a child like him. He was now a Tari and I showed so much patience to him. If your child couldn’t understand the good intensions then you had to choose the hard way, right?

“Have ever thought that you could hurt anybody here?” I shouted again.

He realized his fault; I knew it but I was really not expecting any apology. He just hugged the sheets tightly around his body and bent his head down.

He looked like a little child now. My heart was softened again against him again. I hate it. I hate that how my heart was so weak when it comes to him. I wondered if he was doing this on purpose.

“Now, please help Tari to take his bath,” I said and prepared to leave the room but I guess it would not be possible for a while.

“No!” he shouted again.

“What is the matter?!” I shouted turning to him.

Then I walked fast towards him and took him into my arms without him even couldn’t understand what was going on.

He first struggled against my grip then the little demon started to make scratches with his nails on my neck to free himself but I didn’t have any intention to let him go and walked to the bathroom.

“Let me go!” he kept shouting but I didn’t pay attention to his yells.

When I entered the bathroom I saw that his bath was already prepared for him so I just put him in the middle of the little pool that was full of bubbles.

He got completely wet but he didn’t let his sheet go so he wrapped the wet sheet around his body again.

“Now, if you don’t want them then I will help you to bath. How about this?” I asked putting my hands on my waist looking down at him smirking.

He opened his eyes wide in shock and looked at me. All of the maids were also in shock with my threat.

“You already know that you should follow some rituals while having your bath after the first night. And they are here to help you. But if you cause any problems again I will come and bath you myself,” I said looking into his eyes.

He just looked at me blinking his eyes then he blushed and turned his back at me. I also saw that all of the maids were blushed.

I just smiled to myself and left the room to get a healing spell from Taeyang for my scratches.

“You little demon boy!” I murmured angrily to myself while I was walking to Taeyang’s chambers.

Why is he so wild? It is not even morning and he started to make a fuss already!

Thanks to him our first night wasn’t even full of love and I even received a slap from him! I know it is so hard for him, I understand his anger but he was acting like I am his enemy! Isn’t it enough you little wild boy?

Arggh!! I couldn’t calm myself down! He even scratched me like a cat now!

He scratched me…yes… but… now I really don’t feel any pain. I was about to knock Taeyang’s door but I stopped to touch my neck. I couldn’t feel the wounds. What was happening?

As soon as I entered Taeyang’s room I ran to the mirror and looked at my neck. There were only the scratches’ marks and there was now no pain that I could feel.

I turned to look at Taeyang in shock.

“He scratched me… There were scratches on my neck… now they were all gone!” I said in surprise.

Taeyang looked at my face for a while then he spoke, “You mean… Jiyong made the scratches and they were all gone now?”

“Yes!” I said in excitement.

Taeyang came closer to me and looked at my neck. I guess he couldn’t see enough with candle lights and he used his scepter to make some more light.

Suddenly he shouted, “They disappeared! The marks! They slowly disappeared from in front of my eyes!”

I turned to the mirror again to look my neck and I saw that now there was nothing on my neck. Like never happened!

“What is happening?” I asked to Taeyang.

“You were just… healed by yourself!” he shouted.

“But how? I don’t have an ability to heal myself! Especially after I got a wound from a demon, Taeyang!” I shouted in excitement.

“It is like a miracle Seunghyun… I have never seen someone who can heal himself….” Taeyang murmured still looking at my neck.

“We should try again!”

“Yes yes… we should test it,” said Taeyang and brought his knife.

He slightly made a cut on my hand and we waited. At first nothing happened, some blood came from the cut. Then slowly the blood drained and I felt less pain. We waited some more and then the wound was closed till there was only a trail. After a while even the trail was disappeared.

We looked at each other smiling. The process was taking a few minutes but in the end the wound was closing completely like it never happened!

“Jiyong!” I suddenly shouted.

Taeyang looked at me with wide eyes. He already understood what I meant.

“Demon prince! Yes! He is the reason!”

“Not a prince now, he is my Tari,” I corrected him.

We looked at each other again and started to laugh.

“It makes sense… After the marriage you gained this ability…” said Taeyang.

“I guess now Aina’s will is making some sense.”

“I have got a feeling that this is just the beginning, my friend,” said Taeyang smiling at me.

Suddenly I remembered Jiyong again.

“What about Jiyong? Do you think he got this ability too?”

“I guess so…”

“Let’s go and find out!” I said in excitement but Taeyang stopped me.

“Right now? Please give some time to the kid, you know…”

Suddenly I recalled the memories of our first attempt to make love. So I just sat down on the nearest chair.

“I guess we can have a little chat until the sun rise.”

Taeyang just smiled and sat across me.

“I guess we had some problems, your majesty.”

“Yes, he is just an arrogant, wild cat,” I started and we talked until the breakfast time.

Taeyang really got upset at the slapping part; I even felt some anger. He said that it was a crime and he insisted that I should punish Tari. I was so surprised because Taeyang have always been protecting him, you know. Now after Taeyang’s behavior I could easily said that Jiyong really crossed the line this time. I don’t have any intention to punish him but I know that I should do something about his behaviors. He was Tari after all.

I couldn’t wait anymore so I just went to see Jiyong before breakfast taking Taeyang with me. He was just prepared for the breakfast by maids when we entered. He was really surprised to see us early in the morning.

I realized that he couldn’t look at me in the eye after what happened a few hours ago. I am glad that he was now acting with some manners.

I let Taeyang explain the situation to him. He was also so surprised and the he let us to try the same thing on him.

I opened my hand and he put his pale, thin, pretty hand on my palm. Then I took out my dagger and pointed it to his hand but I stopped. It was really hard to cut a pretty hand like his. Even if it was a little cut I hate to hurt him.

Seeing my hesitation Taeyang tried to calm me down.

“If it won’t work and our Tari couldn’t heal himself, I will make a spell so you don’t need to worry, your majesty.”

I just nodded and looked at Jiyong and waited some harsh words and expected some rants about not being weak but he just blushed slightly and turned his head.

I smiled and then made a little cut on his palm. All three of us looked at his hand in excitement and waited. Seconds were like minutes to me while waiting for the process. Then I saw the blood drained and I sighed in relief. The same process with mine was happened and he was healed completely in the end.

I held his hand and kissed. Then I jumped to my feet in happiness.

“It worked!”

Taeyang smiled, “Yes! It worked!”

Jiyong was just looking at his hand in shock. I couldn’t help myself and I just held him under his arms and took him into my arms. Then I turned him around cutting his feet from the ground.

“It is a miracle my Tari! And we made it! Our union made it!” I said in happiness.

But he didn’t hug me back. He didn’t even seem to be happy.

I put him down and he took a step back from me. His head was bent and he was squeezing his fists.

“Now I know why I am here… why I was chosen to be your mate,” he said and turned his back at us.

Oh my little Tari…Why are you thinking like that?

I took a step towards him but Taeyang signaled me to stop. Then I just sighed heavily.

“We are waiting for you at breakfast, Tari,” I said and left the room.

I love him. Ever passing single day my love for him was growing. But he was… always sad and angry. It was killing me to see him like this.

Now I know we really meant to be but… Why can’t he see this? Or… is he in denial? What will I do with my little Tari?

Jiyong’s POV

I woke up alone again in our large bed. It has been three days since our wedding but we never slept together.

Seunghyun never came to our room after that day we tested my ability to heal. We only saw each other at meal times and we barely talked with each other.

I turned the other side and put my hand on the other pillow that was supposed to belong to my king. I wished him to lay down with me there on our bed; I would like to inhale his scent.

No more hugs and kisses since three days and I even couldn’t remember his scent. My eyes started to feel teary with the thought of how much I missed him.

Is it my punishment? It is not that I don’t deserve this! I didn’t even apologize… I… I am really just a bad Tari. I know he would listen to me, I know he would make me relax but… but why I don’t have courage to talk with him?

I know it is my fault. How could he come to our room after I slapped him at our first night? He thought that I didn’t want him anymore… Yes. He thought like that, right? And it is my fault…

I did many mistakes recently but unfortunately I always realized my mistakes after I did them. Seungri even yelled at me after he learned what happened. He was right. I was Tari now and I should think before act but… It was really a hard task for me to take. A careless and free soul like me. Now I had to carry a very heavy task on my shoulders.

I got up from the bed slowly. Today we will go to see the unicorns at the forest outside of Calima Castle.

Taeyang said that at this time of year, a unicorn flock had visited this forest, Elenil Forest. So we could have a chance to see them. Seunghyun was also coming with us and I was really happy about this.

Forest was just behind of the castle so we were really close to castle but Seunghyun was still worried, as always. 10 soldiers, my male maid Dakho and Daesung were also with us.

We wondered around for a long time but we could see none. So we just decided to take a break and have a picnic.

During the meal Seunghyun said his warnings; we should never act on our own. He said that we would get excited when we saw them so no running away to follow unicorns without any soldier.

He even said that there were hunters in this forest so there would be traps. We should always let a soldier or Seunghyun to lead us.

Finally we decided to keep searching after the meal break. There were two soldiers in front of me and Seunghyun was by my side.

Then we saw them! Two beautiful unicorns were in front us! But suddenly they started to run away after they realized our presence.

I got excited and made my horse run after them. Seunghyun shouted behind me but before I could realize my mistake I found myself on the ground with a great pain on my ankle.

My horse had been caught on a hunter trap and I fell down from him. I looked at my ankle and closed my eyes at the sight of it.

It was twisted with a really strange angle and the sight of it made me afraid. And the pain was incredibly strong.

Suddenly I felt strong hands grabbed me by my arms. When I opened my eyes I saw Seunghyun’s angry face in front of me.

“What did I say to you? What did I say?!” he was shouting and scolding me while he was shaking me holding my arms tightly.

I have never seen him angry like this before. He had never treated me like this.

It doesn’t mean that I don’t feel any pain even if I have an ability to heal. My ankle was hurting so much and his strong fingers were almost digging into my flesh.

“Let me go!” I shouted finally.

“Let you go? You lost all of your chances little queen! You are not going anywhere from now on!” he shouted back.

Taeyang, Seungri and the other soldiers were coming around. Seungri and Taeyang immediately ran to look at my ankle.

“I am Tari! Tari of Calima! Don’t tell me what to do!” I shouted again. Now  we were openly fighting.

“You have not any right on ruling of Calima until you reach 21!”

“I am still Tari!”

“Then take some responsibly! A Tari never acts so careless like you! First you should earn the title of Tari!”

“I HATE YOU!”

Suddenly it felt like everything stopped around us. Everybody, even the animals stopped breathing. Even the wind stopped. Or I felt like this. My head started to feel dizzy. I closed my eyes.

How could I say these words? What have I done? …

Suddenly we heard a big thunder and after that a heavy rain started. I felt Seunghyun gently put my hood on my head. I opened my eyes and I saw his smiling face; a bitter smile. My tears started to came heavily from my eyes like the rain.

Slowly he started to put my bangs under my hood with his butterfly touches.

“I know… I know you hate me. I am so sorry my beautiful Tari… to hurt you… to make you carry such a heavy task.”

But it was not your fault my Aran… I don’t hate you… But my mouth was just locked and I just keep staring into his loving eyes without saying anything.

“How is his ankle?” he asked without looking at Taeyang. Seunghyun was just still fixing my bangs looking into my eyes.

I was still crying looking back into his eyes and I hoped he couldn’t understand since my tears were mixed with rain drops now.

“It is no good, your majesty. It was twisted so we should turn it to its original place. Then his healing ability will work and complete the process.”

“Then we should hurry and return the castle,” he said and stood up.

I just sat and waited since I didn’t have any chance to move by myself. Suddenly I saw him came near to me with his horse.

“Please help Tari to sit on my horse,” he said to Dakho.

Then Dakho and Seungri helped me to sit on Seunghyun’s horse. Even if they were so careful not to hurt me with every move my ankle was aching very bad.

I sat in front of Seunghyun with both of my legs on the same side and buried my face on his chest. He wrapped an arm around me to secure me and then I clenched my hands on his shirt and sobbed hard.

We reached to the castle very quickly since it was not far but I took my time between Seunghyun’s arms and inhaled his scent during the way.

They put me on our bed and Taeyang left to bring some elixir to reduce my pain before they adjust my ankle.

Seungri sat down near me on the bed and held my hand. I could see in his eyes that he really wanted to tell me lots of things but he was holding himself since I hurt myself.

Seunghyun was also in the room but he was looking at me from afar. It broke my heart. I would rather him to hold my hand instead of Seungri.

Then Taeyang came with his bag and took out a bright yellow elixir and made me drink it. Then he made Seungri to hold my leg and said him not to let it move. Then I felt his hands on my ankle.

I looked at Seunghyun. He had come closer to the bed and he was looking at my ankle.

“AHHH!” I screamed with an incredible pain and stood up on my elbows with a reflex.

Seunghyun run to me and he tried to make me lay down again.

“What is going on?! I thought that the elixir will reduce his pain!” he shouted at Taeyang.

I was in shock. I also thought that the elixir would help so I wasn’t expecting a pain like this. I was just looking at Seunghyun and lying down and then suddenly… It happened…  It was really a great pain. Maybe it was because I didn’t prepare myself to any pain so I uncontrollably screamed.

It was finally done. I put my head on the pillow again and but a groan escaped from my mouth because of the pain.

“All done! Now we have to wait for  the healing process but it will take more time since your ankle was broken your majesty, so maybe we have to wait until morning for a complete heal,” said Taeyang and walked to his bag and started to search for something in it.

Seunghyun walked after him and held his arm.

“I thought that he wouldn’t feel much pain,” he said in a low voice but I heard him.

Yes! I also thought that! And it was still hurting so much.

“It should have worked, but maybe it was because he is a demon. I should have changed the formula maybe,” answered Taeyang.

“I thought that I was going crazy when I heard him scream, please be careful next time Taeyang.”

“Ask me about it… I am so sorry. I will always search for more before I do something like this.”

“How about a spell? Can you heal him quickly with a spell?”

“Spell will take more time, I am sorry.”

Seunghyun just nodded. Then Taeyang came near me with another elixir.

“You should get some sleep now your majesty; it will help you to relax.”

I nodded and drank it. Then I saw Taeyang bowed in front of me.

“I am so sorry for the incident your majesty,” he said.

“It is okay! Please don’t be sorry Sir Taeyang!” I said trying get up.

Both Seunghyun and Taeyang stopped me, “You shouldn’t stand up now your majesty, like I said before the process will be slow. Please have some rest now,” said Taeyang.

I just nodded and put my head on the pillow again. All three of them gave me their farewells and prepared to leave.

“Your majesty!” suddenly I shouted from behind Seunghyun.

Seunghyun turned to look at me with a smile. I gulped down hard.

Come on newly Choi Jiyong! … Tari. You can say this! If you want something just say it!

“Could you please…stay with me?” I finally asked.

He nodded and walked back to bed again while the others were leaving the room. He sat down near me on the bed and caressed my hair.

“You should change your clothes first, Tari.”

I smiled at him, “Later… Can we lie down together for a while?”

He nodded and lay down near me. I crawled near him and put my head on his chest. Then I felt he wrapped his arms around me.

“Thank you,” I whispered.

Then I felt he put a kiss on my head. Slowly I felt my eye lids became heavy and I fell asleep.

When I woke up it was dark and Seunghyun was not with me. I was already dressed into my night dress. I couldn’t even remember it. I should have been in a really heavy sleep.

I slowly rose from the bed and made my position to sit. I tried to look at my ankle at the candle light. It was still swollen but it looked better.

I put my feet on the ground and slowly, not giving so much pressure to my wounded ankle, I walked.

It was still hurting while walking but it was not unbearable. So I put a cloak on my shoulders and walked to the door. I had to find Seunghyun.

My maids caught me in the way and tried to stop me but I walked to Seunghyun’s room. I knocked the door and waited. Then I heard his thick voice and entered.

He was with Taeyang and apparently they were discussing something important so I apologized first.

They were both in shock to see me. Seunghyun quickly came near me and took me into his arms and carried me to his bed.

“You shouldn’t walk, your majesty,” said Taeyang coming near me. He started to examine my ankle.

“I know; I am sorry. I just need to see his majesty,” I said looking at Seunghyun.

Seunghyun just put his warm palm on my head, “You should have just informed me, I would come to you.”

I bent my head in embarrassment. In these few days I hurt this man a lot but he was still behaving so loving against me.

“Now play time is over, Jiyong” I said to myself. I had to be honest against Seunghyun. This man was always honest with me and he even tolerated my spoiled behaviors. And he was right; if I want to carry the title of Tari, I should earn this. I should try my best; I should… grow up. And now I know I will start growing up from apologizing from my king.

Taeyang left the room saying his good night and reminding me not to step on my foot. Now we were alone with Seunghyun.

I reached to his hands and held them. Then I looked at his face.

“Your majesty,” I just said.

He smiled, “Please don’t call me like that when we are alone.”

I nodded, “Aran,” I whispered.

He kissed my forehead, “Yes my Tari.”

I tried to step on the floor, “Can you please help me?”

“No no… Don’t. I will carry you,” he said and tried to hold me.

But I don’t want to be carried; my intention was to get on my knees.

Then I got on my knees on the floor with taking some support holding Seunghyun’s arms. Before he couldn’t react I started to talk bending my head down.

“Please forgive me my king for my mistakes.”

Suddenly I felt Seunghyun kneeled down in front of me.

“Oh my! My Tari! Please don’t do this!” he said and tried to lift me up but I stopped him.

“Please my king, please let me tell my apology. I am so ashamed against you,” I said bending my head down and holding his hands tightly.

“My Tari…” he just whispered and squeezed my hands tightly.

“I was so disrespectful against you and sometimes I didn’t act like a prince or Tari. Please forgive me!”

“That’s okay my beautiful, I forgive you. Now please stand up,” he said with his loving voice. I felt a slight tremble in his voice. I still couldn’t look into his eyes but I felt his happiness.

I just shook my head and kept talking still keeping my head down, “I promise to try my best to be good Tari from now on. Please help me in this way. Warn me when I do mistakes and help me to fix them. Please… Let me grow up with you.”

He hugged me tightly into his chest, “I will always be with you, my little darling. Never forget this.”

I sighed in relief. I felt like a heavy burden was lifted from my shoulders. He forgave me! And he still likes me, right?

Without I knew it warm tears started to came from my eyes. I sobbed against his chest.

“Please… Come to our bed from now on. Please my Aran.”

“I will,” he whispered caressing my back.

Then he lifted me up and carried me to our room. He lay down with me and wiped my tears first. We just lay down there looking into each others’ eyes.

He was looking amazingly handsome under the moonlight. I reached out to caress his hair for the first time. He really had soft hair. It was so good to touch him freely. I slightly trembled. Then he covered our bodies with the blanked.

I crawled closer to him and buried my head into his chest where I loved the most; his broad, strong chest. While he was caressing my hair, I let the sleep take me over sweetly in the safe and loving arms of my Aran. I felt the happines before I fall asleep.