King vs Prince

MARELAND

Chapter 5 – King vs Prince

Seunghyun’s POV

The sweat was running down from his temples and he was breathing hard.  His beautiful blonde locks were all wet with sweat now. I could see that his legs were trembling slightly because of the tiredness.

Beautiful demon prince held tightly his wound on his right hand that I have newly made and hissed in pain. Both of his hands were covered with scratches and I knew he was in pain more than normal because these wounds were made by my sword; an elf sword. But he was so stubborn so he took his sword back from the ground and attacked me again.

With my only one move I made his sword fly to air again and he was on his knees this time trying so hard to breathe.

It was really breaking my heart to see him like this. Actually I would like Daesung to give his sword lessons but since Jiyong was so inexperienced Taeyang suggested that I should do this. Everybody was afraid to hurt him so this unpleasant task was given to me.

I was trying my best not to hurt him but unavoidable things could be happen. After every single scratch I made, I asked him if we could heal him. But he always rejected and insisted to fight with his wounds.

Taeyang was almost dying from worrying about the prince while he was watching us from the corner. He was jumping from his seat and running towards to the prince every time I make Jiyong to lose his sword.

He was too stubborn; he was not good at sword but he was attacking me like I was his enemy. He was so fierce today; I could see the anger burning like a fire in his blue eyes.

I know Jiyong was taking its toll on me; this forced marriage. Even if he knows that he is doing the right thing he is still too angry. I am not blaming him; I can understand him. He is too young and it will take time for him to accept these new things. He is a young boy after all and he was forced to marry with another man. Even if I am a king, I am still a stranger to him but he has to marry with me.

I put my sword back to its case and kneeled down in front of the prince who was still on his knees.

“Let’s take care of your wounds first, your highness then we can continue if you wish,” I said gently and trying not to touch and get too close to him.

“NO!” he hissed between from his teeth but I could see that he was about faint from tiredness.

“I am just suggesting this because you know that they won’t heal soon. If they were normal scratches I wouldn’t even suggest this.”

If I want to beat his stubbornness I shouldn’t insist. I just had to make him believe that I was not thinking him as weak. I shouldn’t break his proud.

Suddenly Seungri run towards us; it seems like he also couldn’t handle with his friend’s pain.

“Jiyong! Please let sir Taeyang take care of your wounds,” he said but it sounded more like a plea.

Jiyong’s eyes were softened when he heard his friend. Finally, he seemed like to give in. I am so glad to Seungri. Then I took this opportunity.

“Daesung watched our fight so he can say your faults and lacks. During the healing spell you can talk with Daesung too so after that we can have another round. What do you think?” I asked smiling at him.

He just nodded without looking at me but I smiled more. I was so relieved; I don’t like him to suffer.

It is not because of that Jaejoong told me to protect him or he is a demon prince. Even if he was just a boy I would protect him. This is how I feel; I was already attached to this beautiful yet fierce boy.

We chose to train him about sword fighting first. Since he still couldn’t use his fire powers when I am around we decided to leave it for later. I think we should wait until he get used to me around; he should balance his powers and mine.

On the other hand we should plan the wedding; it has been 6 days since we arrived in Calima but Jaejoong has already said that we should get marry as soon as it’s possible but I… just can’t. Jiyong is not ready. I know maybe he would never ever be ready but I just at least should wait for him to get used to live in Calima. I should give him a chance to know about me more.

Just like his father said he has a big hunger to learn. Taeyang would be his teacher for history and for the other basic things about Calima but he then decided that Jiyong should have learn about Anarnore history first so Jaejoong is his teacher for now. After Anarnore, he would take lessons about Calima.

Except from his combat and history lessons he usually spends his time in the library reading. We barely see each other; only at combat lessons and dinners. Actually sometimes I also don’t have so much spare time but I would like to see him more. But I am afraid to scare him and I bet he is also escaping from me so I just see him when it is necessary not to disturb him. But that doesn’t mean I sometimes watch him from afar when he was reading in the garden.

The smell thing also didn’t go away; I can still understand his presence from his amazing smell even if I don’t see him. I guess he doesn’t smell anything from me. I didn’t ask him but I could guess. We talked about this with Taeyang and I asked him why my feelings were always one sided. He could only say that I was older and experienced; I should be the one who guide in this relationship. He believes that Jiyong will also feel this way soon.

When I talk to Jaejoong or when I just listen to my heart I can feel that demon boy is my other half. But he is just so neutral against me; actually he doesn’t even like me at all. So sometimes I just think like he is the wrong person. But it can’t be. Aina never makes mistakes and… I can feel him. But it is really hard and I really wonder how we will end up marrying.

I sat down and watched him from afar. I am even afraid to go near my future bride and it was so sad.

Daesung was describing him things while one of the students of Taeyang from healing department was cleaning Jiyong’s wounds. After Taeyang give the young student the information of the spell he stood up and came near me.

“What do you think?” he asked.

“He is really bad at sword fighting,” I said smiling.

He laughed, “Yeah, I could see this. I just asked what you were thinking looking at him.”

“How beautiful he is,” I said without taking my eyes away from him.

“Apart from this?”

I sighed, “This beauty will be my bride but I am still so miserable.”

Taeyang started to laugh and I joined him. It was the truth; I was so miserable… hopeless.

“A few days later, when he get used to swords, I will hand over him to Daesung. He will be more relaxed with him.”

“You shouldn’t do this,” said Taeyang firmly.

I turned and looked at Taeyang frowning; I was surprised.

“You are hiding from him; it is not good for him.”

“Are you serious? He gets nervous when I am around.”

“Exactly! That’s why you should spend more time and he should get used to you.”

“I decided to give him some space for a while.”

“Great! Seunghyun, you will have to share the same bed soon.”

I palmed myself and sighed, “Please Taeyang, not now.”

Taeyang lowered his voice and leaned into my ear, “After the wedding you know what you have to do, Seunghyun. Jaejoong especially specified this, it is important. You should get closer to the boy even if he is nervous.”

I gulped down hard. I never thought about this. I was only focusing how to make Jiyong relax but… Even if I run now, wedding will be happen eventually.

“You should know that, you are not helping him right now,” said Taeyang before leaving my side.

I looked at Jiyong again who was now slowly standing up. Taeyang was looking at his hands to check if the student made the spell right.

I thought about what Taeyang said but it really seems so impossible for me with Jiyong. He will marry with me right but… Do you really believe he will just come and give himself to me? I don’t think so! I felt the cold sweats running down my spine when I thought about our first night with Jiyong. It will be the hardest night ever for sure.

First somebody should talk about the wedding and the first night with Jiyong; he should learn about the customs and requirements. He should get ready for the wedding; maybe I should also ask help from Jaejoong. He already became like a mother of Jiyong! It’s not that I am jealous; I am glad Jiyong get along well with everybody here in Calima. It is just so sad that I am the only person who he despises.

I sighed heavily and stood up from my seat and slowly approached to him. He has already stood up and he was waiting for me with his sword. I suddenly wondered if we only got together to fight. Then I smiled to myself and waited for him to make the first attack.

He was still tired for sure so I didn’t force him much; I just dodged his attacks. I can say that he was a little bit much better than the first time. I guess Daesung’s advices helped him to progress. But still he was using his power unstable so he got tired quickly.

His attacks became weaker and weaker so I was not even moving my sword at all. But as much as he got weaker he got angrier. I guess it was time to finish this so I made him drop his sword and pointed mine to his chest.

Surprisingly I realized that he didn’t get angry and he didn’t even move. He was just standing breathing hard looking at the ground. Something was wrong.

I saw his eyes closed slowly so I understood that he would faint. I caught him just in time before he hit the ground and took him into my arms.

“Your highness!” yelled Taeyang and run to us.

I could hear Seungri and the others yelling but right now I only cared Jiyong lying pale and unconscious in my arms.

“Jiyong! What happened to him?” said Seungri in panic. Then I heard Daesung tried to calm him down.

His body felt so warm between my arms. Even if I was worried about him, strangely I enjoyed him being in my arms; it felt so right and so wonderful. I knew they would take him from my arms soon because Jiyong’s personal maids were coming towards us. Even if we are engaged now, they didn’t want me to touch him much but right now I was just so hypnotized and didn’t want to let him go from my embrace.

I tried to surpass the urge to caress his blonde locks. He was just lying here in my arms so innocent and so… pretty. Even feeling his little head’s light weight on my arm felt so great.

Suddenly I realized that how I need to be close to him; I somehow need him. When I was close to him like this I felt that almost all of my worries and fear have gone and I felt relaxed. I wondered actually if Jiyong also felt like that.

“Your majesty, you should hand over your highness to his helpers.”

I came to my senses with Taeyang’s voice. I looked at the sleeping beauty in my arms again. I just… really don’t want to give him to anyone; I tried to buy some time.

“I can carry him to his chambers,” I said and attempt to stand up with Jiyong in my arms but Taeyang stopped me.

“Please, your presence is not good for him when he is weak like this,” whispered Taeyang to me.

That’s it. I just got angry. I tried my best not to hurt him, not to even get closer to him but this time… This time it is different; I feel him. I feel that he… needs me.

“Why am I always so bad for him?! He will be my queen soon and I am not bad for him!” I yelled and then looked at him. His eyes were closed but there was deep frown in his face.

Maybe Taeyang was right; I shouldn’t be around him when he was weak like this. Even if it seems to right thing to hold him like this I guess I should let him go.

I sighed heavily. All of the people around us were frozen in their spots with my yell. I tried calmed myself down and looked at the maids.

“Please, take him,” I said calmly.

But suddenly with the weak and warm touch on my chest, I stopped. I almost forgot to breathe while I was looking down at Jiyong’s little hand clenching on my shirt.

“Please,” he just whispered softly without opening his eyes.

He wants me too. He needs me too. Even if he was not aware of this now I guess his instincts and his needs took the control of him. Deep inside of him there is something like me; we are meant to be with each other.

I smiled widely and stood up with him in my arms and carried him to his chambers.

I just sat down on his bed with him in my arms; I didn’t let him go because he was still holding my shirt not letting me go. I just sat there looking down at his pretty face.

Slowly I felt that he relaxed and I guess he fell asleep. I gently brushed his blonde locks from his face.

“I guess he is changing; he feels you, too,” said Taeyang coming closer and looking down at Jiyong with sympathy.

“I hope so,” I whispered and then I gently put Jiyong down on the bed.

His maids came and took his shoes off and covered him with a light blanked. He was now sleeping peacefully like a child as if nothing happened. I smiled and then left the room.

Then Taeyang and I made a meeting with the soldiers from the south borders. We were having some problems at Isilnore border, so we had meeting some soldiers that came from the south border.

I took a walk before the dinner and thought about Jiyong again. I got informed about he was okay. They said that he had slept almost 3 hours but then he had woken up and went to Jaejoong.

I saw Daesung was also giving sword lessons to Seungri. I smiled to myself; Calima castle became livelier with these two boys, Seungri and Jiyong. Everybody loves them. You know; Jiyong is too kind and warm towards people, except from me. He especially gets along well with children. I am really getting into him more and more each day; he is too charming.

Finally I saw him at the dinner. He looked good now; his eyes were livelier before. I was so glad that he is healthy again; everybody was so worried, especially me.

“How are you your highness?” asked Taeyang first.

“I am fine, thank you sir Taeyang,” he answered politely.

He loves Taeyang too. He even smiled at him. If only he shows some affection towards me.

“I am glad you are okay, your highness. We were so worried,” I said finally.

“I am sorry to make you worried,” he said looking at me. But he didn’t smile.

I sighed. Then I wondered if he remembers how he wanted me to stay by his side and he fell asleep in my arms.

“I started to study Anarnore history today with Jaejoong,” said Jiyong suddenly.

“This is very good,” said Taeyang.

“Then we talked about dragons,” continued Jiyong.

I looked at him in interest and waited for him to go on.

“Can we go to see dragons?” he asked looking at me with almost begging eyes.

“Sure, it would be great,” I said without even thinking and looking back at him.

“But… your majesty, a trip can be dangerous for his highness right now,” said Taeyang with worry.

I didn’t look at Taeyang; I kept looking at Jiyong who was looking back at me with shinning eyes with excitement.

“How come it can be dangerous? Jiyong is a dragon master, Taeyang, you know it.”

Then I finally looked at Taeyang who was throwing me angry glares. He was like “I know what you are trying to do.” Yes, I am doing this to make Jiyong happy… To make him like me more, maybe. Besides he is a dragon master and it is really good for him to finally meet with dragons.

“Thank you!” said Jiyong.

I turned to look at him when I heard his lovely voice. Then I met the most amazing scene that I have always been dreaming of. Jiyong… smiled at me.