We'll Always Be With You

{HIATUS} Through My Lens
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Saengil chukha hamnida Ailee!" 

I turn around and see both of my parents smiling at me as they stood at the doorway of my bedroom. Today was finally the day. My seventeenth birthday. Huh it feels nice to think that I'm practically an adult now. Maybe I'll finally get the car now kekekeke....

"Thanks Umma, Baba" I say smiling at them.

Baba walks over to me and places his hand on my shoulder.

"Today is the day you become a young woman Ailee, I'm so proud of you."  he says. The edges of his eyes crinkle and the eye smile, that I love so much, forms.

My mother sneaks past me and grabs my camera from it's place on my desk and quickly snaps a photo. The flash temporarily blinds me, but not long enough for my umma to escape my tackle hug.

"Umma, what did i say about touching my camera?" I ask while putting a hand on my hip.

"H-Honestly Ailee I don't see what the big deal is. I just wanted to capture your first moments as a seventeen year old." she protests.

"Well....since you did bring me into this world, I'll let it slide this time" I say and kiss her on the cheek. 

She laughs and pinches my cheek in return.

"That's my girl! Now your father and I have to run some errands before we head to the cabin today, so take as much time you need to get ready okay?" she asks.

"Yeah sure umma, have a nice trip." I say as we all head downstairs to the front door.

I wave goodbye as my parents pulled out of our driveway and drove down the winding streets of our quaint neighborhood. I couldn't wait to get to the cabin again. It's where we spent each of my birthdays every year on December 21st. Snow covered the ground seeing that it was almost Christmas. The houses looked like they were covered in sweet white powder and the trees looked like they were shimmering. We never needed much other than our small 4 bedroom house, but I preferred it that way. It was rather comforting.

As I got ready in my room, a cold chill ran down my spine and caused my body to start shivering. "Why do i suddenly have the feeling that something terrible is going to happen today?" I wonder. I slowly shrug it off and went back to getting ready. I changed into my favorite red dress, the one my umma so dilligently made even though she is a horrible seamstress, and brushed my long brown hair so it would be nice and shiny for today. I look at my reflection in the floor length mirror that's sitting in the corner of  my bedroom. The girl staring back doesn't seem like me at all. She has white porcelain, small pink lips, thick brown hair that tumbles in waves down the middle of her back, and bright shiny eyes.

"Well..... I'm finally growing up I guess" I say as I grab my camera and make my way downstairs.

I sit by the window sill and stare at the endless amount of snow that falls from the sky. Hours begin to pass by and I being to worry. I grab my cellphone and dial both of their numbers. Both of them go straight to voice mail.

"Where's umma and baba? They should be home by now!" I think as I begin to panic. 

I curl up on the couch and just keep staring out the window. Waiting for my parents. Waiting for them to celebrate this day with me. Waiting for their comfort and warmth. Before I know it I drift into a sleep as deep as the snow that covers my neighborhood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Kim Jaejoong- All Alone

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13VKZnEm8ZE

*knock knock*

I slowly open my eyes and groan. I sit up on my couch and look outside. The sky is black and the Christmas lights that cover my neighborhood are twinkling with life. I glance at the clock hanging in the living room and the electronic numbers read 6:17 pm. The knocking at my door grows louder and louder. A wave of relief washes over me as I run to answer it.

"Umma! Baba! I'm so glad you are b-" I begin to say as I open up the door.

It wasn't my parents who stood on my door step though. I take in the mans navy blue uniform, gold and silver badge, and serious expression. It was a police officer.

"Um good evening officer. Is there something I can help you with?" I ask nervously, not sure what to make of this.

"Good Evening Miss, are you Min Ailee? The daughter of Charles and Alyssa Min? he asks with a firm voice.

"Yes I am. Um did something happen to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter