Can I be your friend?

My Best Friend

So I have decided to go to school especially early every day.

For a morning run.

I wanted to go early because I don’t want to do exercise when people are around. Because you know, people are too judgemental. They will go like, “hey look that fat girl running on the track! She’s the joke of the day! HA HA HA”

I have pretty much given up on my lunch box diet because Myungsoo will always switch my lunchbox with his if he sees that I’m eating some veggie or fruity .

And it took me a long time to “explain” to Myungsoo why I am not going to school with him anymore.

“Yah Dasom ah! Why are you going to school so early every day?”

“Uhh.. umm I have project meetings with my group mates every morning.”

“Huh?! So early?”

“Yes of course! We are all hardworking people!”

“But who the hell wakes up so early in the morning to do project discussion? That’s just insane!”

“No, 6:30am in the morning isn’t very early.”

It was obviously a lie. 6:30am is hell damn early. It’s practically pitch dark when I walk to school every morning. But for my diet’s sake, I have to do it!! (determined) Anyway, after a long explanation, Myungsoo finally believed my words. I really cannot let him find out that I am doing secret exercises in the morning. I don’t even know why he is so against me going on a diet!

 He really doesn’t understand. I know he adores the chubby me (he says that almost every day), because we grew up looking like this, and he really loves me for it (as a friend). But ever since he became tall, slim, good looking, and everything has obviously changed. He is probably still stuck in the time when people called him “fatty Myungsoo”, “Myungsoo the grease pig”, he just never thought that his change would become such a great difference in my life. He said he never wanted me to go on a diet or change or whatsoever. He even told me to love myself for who I am! It is not exactly a problem of me doubting my self-worth. But you know, I am a girl too. My heart flutters too, everytime I see cute young couples everywhere.

Yes, apparently it seems like the whole world is attached while I am still stuck in my own potato world. Yoohoo.

I want to be loved too, in the romantic way. I want a guy to notice me. I want a guy to look into my eyes.  I want a guy to hold my hands like I am his most precious princess. I want a guy to give me small little kisses on my forehead. I want to be loved.

Sighs. I do wish the guy could be Myungsoo. But I know that is impossible.

I know guys won’t even spare a second to look at me. They won’t like fat girls. I have concluded. I would even be pretty thankful if they don’t despise me.

But Myungsoo just doesn’t seem to get it.

“A guy who loves you wouldn’t care about how you look.”

He would say.

I shrugged and laughed weakly, “that’s one in a million.”

“If I don’t find a man and die an old , you have to be responsible.”

“No problem, I will marry you.”

WHAT???

He just never fails to give me jitters.

“Yah! Don’t joke around!” I punched his shoulders lightly and laughed his “joke” away. I do hope I look natural enough to cover my true feelings. Still, I inwardly hoped that joke held some truth.

Speaking of Myungsoo, I haven’t been spending a lot of time with him these days. Apparently the basketball team has decided to extend their practice hours till late in the evening, so I have no choice but to go home alone. The only time we have together is during dinner time. He would talk to me a while more after dinner, but it won’t be long till he tries to stifle yet another yawn. I swear there were a few times he doze off on the sofa while watching TV.

My heart is kind of aching, seeing Myungsoo work so hard.

But he is determined, very determined to win the championships. And I believe he can. He is something who never fails to achieve something which he has put in his all to accomplish. And for that, I really admire him. At the end, it would all be worth it.

 

The next morning is the same as any other day. I went to school especially early for a morning run. However, this time round, someone reached the school even earlier than me.

He is Lee Sungyeol, the captain of the basketball team.

If Myungsoo is the most handsome guy in the school, then Sungyeol would be the second.

That’s just my opinion though. Both of them have their fanclubs, and they are equally popular in school. Sungyeol is a year older than us, and Myungsoo really respects him.

Initially, Myungsoo wasn’t chosen to be in the basketball team because the coach thought that he wasn’t good enough, and it would take him a long time to catch up with the rest of the teammates. But Sungyeol saw a lot of potential in Myungsoo during the basketball trials, so he went up to their coach and tried to persuade him to let Myungsoo join the team. After much persuasion, the coach finally agreed.

Sungyeol didn’t just give up right then. In order to make sure Myungsoo catches up with the rest of team, he gave him personal training almost everyday after school. And there Myungsoo is, the star player of their team now.

Myungsoo respected him so much, and everytime after training he would tell me the wonderful things he did. When Sungyeol was appointed the captain, Myungsoo was so happy and touched that he called me and talked to me and talked about it for almost 3 hours.

This man that Myungsoo respects so deeply had been arriving to school earlier than I am everyday. He wouldn’t do anything on the track, instead he would just sit at the table near the track and do nothing. Whenever I run past him, he would stare at me, and sometimes when he catches me looking at me, he would even wave at me.

Okay so he is kind of creepy.

But I really wonder why, why he always stares at me.  Did I do anything wrong? Did I happen to run on his favorite lane? Or did I wear anything weird? Why is he doing nothing but staring at me?!

Creeper.

“Hello,” I heard a voice behind me as I was running.

“AH! You shocked me…. Umm hi?” I turned around, realizing the guy is Sungyeol. What is he doing here…

“Are you running?”

ISN’T IT OBVIOUS?

“Y-yeahh,” I was panting hard. It is just my third round on the track but I am already panting like a cow. And the fact that he had to make me answer such a you-don’t-say question is making me annoyed. What is he trying to do?

“I want to be your friend.”

I stopped running and turned around upon hearing him say. He looked at me, his eyes spoke nothing but sincerity. WHAT IS GOING ON? The school basketball team captain actually wants to be my friend?

I have never had this kind of experience before. No one has approached me in such a manner before, let alone wanting to befriend me. This is just weird.

I shot him a skeptical look, and he said it once again, “Can I be your friend?”

Millions of question marks are running through my mind. And the very next moment, I asked, “why?”

 

A/N:

SISTAR’S GIVE IT TO ME TEASER PHOTOS ARE STUNNING <333333

INFINITE AND SISTAR COMEBACK THIS MONTH!!! (secretly hoping to see some SISFINITE interaction on screen)