Best Friends, Forever

My Best Friend

Myungsoo’s POV

“Hey,”

“Uuuh wha-?”

“Myungsoo I need some help…”

“Hmmmmm uuughhh” I continued to murmur some incoherent words sleepily despite the frantic voice over the phone. Hell man, I really needed my sleep. No one can ever pull my deeply rooted body out of bed when I’m in my deep slumber.

 

“I said, I need some help, I am Dasom!”

“Nah go away I need my sle- WHAT WAIT DASOM WHAT HAPPENED?”

 

I jolted up from my bed as I heard her sobbing  voice over the phone.

12AM. What could she possibly need now?

 

“There’s a blackout at my house,” she cried, “and I fell and sprained my ankle.”

what should I do? She’s crying!!

“Don’t cry Dasom ah, I’ll be there soon!”

 

 

 

 

I pressed the door bell furiously but there was no response. I banged the door bell even harder and then I realized, right, she couldn’t move, she sprained her ankle!!

Under this kind of situations, I’m more air-headed than usual.

 

Well, you can’t exactly blame me for this. Dasom doesn’y cry very often, or at least since the time I knew her.  She was never someone to break down even when someone teases her, let alone crying over small trivial matters. But I knew about her fears. She is afraid of the dark.

 

I reached my hands under the potted plants for the spare key. Only Dasom and I knew about the spare key. She had placed it there since we were young. Whenever I am throwing a tantrum, or when I get myself into some serious , I would sneak into Dasom’s house for “shelter”.

I fumbled with the keys as I attempted to open the door due to my nervousness. I needed to get to Dasom as fast as possible! The door opened with a click and I immediately dash towards the bathroom. Faint sobs were coming from behind the door.

 

“Dasom ah!” I kicked open the door and shone the torchlight on the feminine figure sitting on the wet bathroom tiles.

 

.

 

I felt like my world paused for a good 5 seconds until I hear Dasom’s infamous scream. “Yah! Stop staring and pass me my clothes!”

Well of course I didn’t see EVERYTHING. She was back facing me and I could only see her . I could feel the growing blush on my face and my heart was racing furiously. My hands trembled as I passed her the pile of clothes, “T-take it.”

 

Thank goodness for the dark, if not I would have given myself away with that lobster-red blush plastered over my face.

 

Yes, I am very aware that she is my best friend. But any hot-blooded male teenage would have reacted the same way as I did. I can’t possibly stop myself from acting this.

 

 

“Hey are you done?” I quickly composed myself.

“Yeah I am done, but I can’t get up.”

“Okay sure, open the door first.”

 

I shone the torchlight on her swollen ankle and she immediately winced in pain when I tried to press it.

“OOOOOOOUCH! Be gentle Kim Myungsoo!”

“I am just trying to help….”

 

Dasom’s POV

Well… that was really awkward.

I didn’t expect Myungsoo to immediately barge into the bathroom. I mean, I expected at least some sort of knocking.

And he saw me .

It wasn’t as if he had never seen me before. We grew up together since young and we have practically seen everything of each other before. Well… it’s weird because we’re all grown-ups now. We can’t possibly picture ourselves as how we did when we were young. My body knew shame, and he probably felt the awkwardness that was radiating from my side.

Things have changed, so so much.

 

He lowered his body and turned and back faced me, “get on my back, I’ll carry you to your bedroom.”

Myungsoo said it coolly, but I can’t, I just can’t!

 

“Are you out of your mind?? I am FAT! F-A-T”

I felt his stare even in the dark, “I play basketball and I have strong arms,” he retorted.

“But still…”

“Do you want to stay in the bathroom forever or do you want to get to bed as soon as possible?”

“But I,”

“Hurry before I change my mind.”

This is a once in a lifetime experience! Kim Dasom you should feel proud about it!! Girls would kill to get on Kim Myungsoo’s back!

 

I cautiously drape my arms over his shoulders while he bent down to let me get onto his back. His back muscles are firm, and his strong arms secured me tightly on the thighs.

He was right. Carrying me on his back wasn’t a difficult chore at all. He did it so effortlessly that I can’t help but to wonder if I am really THAT light.

Obviously I’m not.

Meanwhile, let me just enjoy this moment of being a princess, being protected in my knight’s arms.

 

THUMP.

Obviously the wonderful and dreamy moment didn’t last that long. The next moment I was being thrown onto the bed by my so-called “knight”.

“That hurts.”

“Sorry. My arm kind of gave in towards the end.”

“It’s okay…”

“Errr… I am going to get you some ice for the ankle.”

 

 

“So… since your parents aren’t at home tonight, do you want me to stay around with you?”

“Umm… I think it’s okay, I’ll be fine by myself.”

“Okay… since you said so…”

He turned his back around in some sort of dejection, perhaps he really wanted to stay?

 

“Umm but we guess we can talk for a bit!” Myungsoo immediately turned over and shot his famous grin at me.

“In your bed?”

“In my bed.”

And the next moment I felt shuffling of blankets and Myungsoo comfortably tucked himself in my bed.

 

 

“Wow it has been such a long time since we slept on the same bed.”

I chuckled at his remark. Indeed it has been really long ever since the both of us slept on the same bed. We used to do that all the time when we were young, but our mothers forbid us to do so ever since we were thirteen. Reason being, “we’re afraid something might happen.”

Well of course we both didn’t know what that mean at that time, but I remembered we were really sad about it.

Good old times.

“Our mummies would probably be burning in anger if they saw us.”

 

“So how’s life now? Getting along well with Hana?”

“Hmm fine I guess? We are still in the process of getting to know each other well though. She is gorgeous. Whenever I am with her, I just can’t take my eyes off her.”

My heart cringed a little upon hearing Myungsoo say that.

“Hmm well, good for you then,” I said as I stifled a yawn.

“But it’s just that… somehow I don’t really feel very natural around her,” he paused for a short while before continuing. “I feel like, I’m not being my real self when I am with her. Because she is so gorgeous and perfect, I keep having this feeling that I should act like I am perfect whenever I am with her… Do you understand?”

“Hmm I guess I do,” I mumbled, “but you’ll be okay. Afterall the both of you are just in the early stage of your relationship, so it should be fine to feel this way, I think.” Who knew the mighty Kim Myungsoo would have such insecurities too.

“I guess so, but I feel so much more carefree and happy whenever I am with you.”

 

 

 

“Yah Dasom, are you asleep?”

“I am about to. Why?” I stifled some sleepy murmurs.

“We’ll be best friends forever right?”

 

Best friends, forever. Three simple words, but all of a sudden they are such a huge burden to my heart. 

 

“Yes, we will be. Why the sudden thought?”

“I want us to be best friends forever, no matter what comes along.”

“Sure, we’ll be best friends forever.”

 

My heart sank a little at that thought.

Best friends, nothing more than that.

 

“Good night, I am going home.”

“Good night too.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And, was that his lips that I felt on my cheek?

 

 

 

A/N:

I am back my lovely readers! EXAMS ARE FINALLY OVER! Sorry for MIA-ing. Sighs being a student is difficult L I am extremely sorry for my lack of updates. I am in high school and these two years will be extremely crucial. Sorry if I am unable to update but please understand! Thank you for commenting and reading my stories (and not giving up me), you guys are really the best and all of you are my motivation to continue writing! Will update “Apartment” next so please look forward to my update! Thank you!

P.S. “Stupid in Love” by Soyou and Mad Clown is SO FREAKING GOOD.