My world collapsed

My Best Friend

Rrrrrrrrrrriing!~

The annoying alarm went off and I unwillingly stretch out my arms to press the sound away.

It was just but another start of a new school year.

I pulled myself out of bed reluctantly and walked towards the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and look at myself in the mirror.

“When will I be able to lose all these weight?”

I squeezed out a thick layer of fats near my tummy area and sighed. Everyday I’ll look into the mirror and ask myself this. I wasn’t obsessed about my weight, but I just thought, I will definitely look better if I shed off all these fats right?

Standing at 167cm tall, I weigh 78kg. I wasn’t THAT fat actually, but I’m certainly fat enough for people to notice my obesity.

Me being fat was the probably reason why I didn’t have much friends. Oh well, because I didn’t look cool, I am not skinny enough to look good in the school uniform…

BLAH BLAH BLAH

I have concluded, humans are just superficial. But oh well, there are definitely some people out there who wouldn’t judge you for how you look. Just like Myungsoo.

Myungsoo is my childhood friend, and he is also my best friend. I could still vividly remember both of us were being ostracized by all our classmates when we were in 1st grade, because we are both fat. No one wanted to be friends with the both of us because they thought we looked like “freaks”, and they don’t even dare to touch the crayons we used after art lessons because they thought they are greasy.

Disgusting, judgemental and childish big bullies.

There was once the big bully in my class, Yunho, threw my lunchbox away and told me to eat lesser. I was so mad that I cried, and everyone in class laughed at my stupidity. But Myungsoo was the only one who stood up for me and fought back against Yunho.

Well of course he lost because Yunho had so much support from the rest of the class. But at that moment I swear Myungsoo was the coolest guy ever. He was the only one who didn’t mind how I looked and stood up for me against those big bullies. Since then, we became the best of friends. Although we were being laughed at by others, we didn’t mind.

“At least I have a true friend,” I murmured under my breath whenever they talked nasty things about us.

That’s true, and that’s what I believe. I’d rather have one true friend than have 1000+ virtual and fake friends (or followers).

“Let’s stay fat forever!” Myungsoo innocently blurted out on our way home during one of the schooldays.

That sounded really silly, but to me, to us, at that moment it was the most sincere promise made ever.

“Pinky promise!” I stuck out my chubby pinky at him and made this childhood promise.

 

But oh well now Myungsoo has pretty much broke the promise. As we underwent puberty, Myungsoo slimed down real fast and he became really tall. He has also taken a liking for basketball and he started playing the sport since middle school. But that’s not the most important point.

Myungsoo became really, really good looking. Good looking would be an understatement in fact. He is breathtakingly handsome. His originally sharp features were being further accentuated after he lost weight. His soft gaze, sharp nose, kissable, cherry-like lips… everything about him was perfect. Aha, screw all of you who insulted him in the past. He’s one handsome-looking lad now. And of course, girls in our school and other neighboring school fell head over heels in love with him.

And yes, I’m just one of the hundreds of them.

I knew he would never treat me as anything more than a friend. But I was happy, happy enough to have the status of being Kim Myungsoo’s best friend. Call me insecure or what, I was very glad when he still decides to be good friend with me even after he became good looking. I’ve heard people saying bad things about me, like “why is she his friend?”, “she doesn’t deserve to be his best friend!”, “she is fat and greasy and disgusting, so why is he her friend?” But I have pretty much grown immune to such comments. I have been living with them ever since young, so I don’t get affected no matter how harsh the comment is.

Furthermore, I have a true best friend who wouldn’t judge me for whoever I am.

But sometimes, you know, it really hurts to like him. Because I clearly know that he won’t reciprocate to my feelings. I didn’t confess to him, and I probably won’t. I do not want the both of us to become awkward. I am fine with how things are now, just that it brings occasional heartaches.

 

I put on my ironed school uniform and proceeded to the dining table to have my breakfast. Bacon and hams and eggs. I love my mum for making such hearty breakfast for me even though it’s not really helping me to reduce my weight.

“Aigooo our Myungsoo ah, eat more. I prepared a bit more food this morning because you’re coming, so you need to eat more, arrasso?”

“Yes Aunt Kim!”

Myungsoo’s parents went overseas for a business trip and therefore he decided to join my family for breakfast every morning. He didn’t live very far away either, he stays directly opposite my family and our parents are on really good terms.

I was staring at him as he continued his conversation with my parents. He is one disgustingly good looking fellow. His side profile is so mesmerizing. He didn’t even need to style his hairstyle in any funky style to make himself look good. He has a very simple hairstyle, just like how his personality is like.

Damn, if only he knew how difficult it was for me to stay compose when he is near me.

“Good morning Dasomie~” he greeted me with his sweet voice.

“Good morning Myungie,” I diverted my gaze away slightly. I might just melt away if I stare into his eyes straight.

“Did you sleep very late last night? Your lights were still on at 1am.” Well I was glad he actually bothered to find me before bedtime.

“Oh I was too caught up with a book,” I calmly replied.

“Hmm I see, quickly finish up your food, we’ll take the bus together!”

“Okay!”

I quickly gobbled down my food and walked towards Myungsoo who was backfacing me while waiting.

“Myungsoo ah, let’s go!” I chirped happily as I grabbed his elbow and tugged him along.  

“Dasom ah, I have something to tell you,” he stuttered.

I have a bad feeling about this.  

“I have a girlfriend.”

My world just collapsed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Yay first chapter posted! I was feeling so excited about this story! Was experiencing a bit of writer’s block today though >( I hope you guys like the story! I promised myself to write this story after my tests! Please continue to subscribe and comment! I love you guys! <3 Please also support the other story of mine, “Apartment”. Thanks!