Weigh the Love

My Best Friend

Dasom’s POV

“Come on, just do it!”

“No…. I don’t have the courage to do it…”

“All you need is to do is to take the first step!”

“No…”

“Come on Dasom!”

“I don’t want to!!”

This conversation ain’t going anywhere.

So both Sungyeol and I went to a nearby shopping mall to we walked around and we somehow ended up at this electrical appliances shop. And Sungyeol was trying to get me on the weighing scale.

Yes, the weighing scale, my eternal enemy. I avoid it as much as possible (yes I do know that I am escaping from reality).

Speaking of which, lately I’ve been really close to Sungyeol. Well, news of Myungsoo and Hana spreaded like wild fire, and the picture of the two of them kissing was being circulated for the past few weeks. I was surprisingly calm about Myungsoo and his girlfriend. I thought I would cry again and again. But I guess I have gone past that phase, all thanks to Sungyeol. He kept me occupied for most of time, such that I don’t have any time to think about the sad stuffs.

“That’s what friends are for,” he said. 

 

 

I gently placed one leg on the bathroom scale and I swear I saw the numbers skyrocketing. I immediately removed my feet from the bathroom scale and calmed my racing heartbeat. Oh my god, I can’t. I just can’t.

“Why are you so afraid of it?”

“You don’t know, you won’t ever know because you’re not fat!” I snapped.

Feeling quite bad, I quickly composed myself and apologized to Sungyeol.

“Well… if you’re so afraid of it, why not the both of us stand on it?”

I scoffed at his suggestion, “so you’re still gonna know about my digits.”

“But it’s going to make you less self-aware, isn’t it?” He shot me a cheeky grin that is obviously too adorable for me to reject.

Sungyeol’s right though. I am certainly comfortable enough to let him know about my weight, considering we’ve gotten really close for the past few weeks. I was more afraid of what others will think about. Like you know, some curious shoppers that will just look in your direction and check out the numbers.

He was very well aware of my self-consciousness.

He held onto my hand and led me to the seemingly inviting bathroom scale. The bathroom scale was quite big, well not big enough to hold two people of course.

And this is when I realize my face is dangerously close to Sungyeol’s. I could literally feel his breath on my now reddened cheeks. But this tallie seemed to be oblivious of the closeness and kept closing up the invisible gap in between us.

“Umm… Sungyeol oppa, I think you’re a bit too close,” by the time I said this, the left side of my cheek was already glued on his chest.

“Huh wha-" he seems to be shocked at the closeness of our bodies that he immediately jumped off the bathroom scale.

“Oh… umm, I’m sorry,” said Sungyeol.

AWKWARD. 

 

 

I returned home late, only to find out that I am the only one at home. Myungsoo’s parents came back from their business trip and therefore he is spending lesser time at our house. As for MY parents, they booked a trip and decided to go without me.

“It’s less crowded when it’s not during the holidays.”

 I bet they just wanted some private time to themselves.

 

I went on to take a shower, and the scene from afternoon kept replaying in my mind. Sure I didn’t have a crush on Sungyeol, but I can’t help but to blush whenever I think about how close the both of us stood next to each other. And I bet right now I am smiling to myself like an idiot.

Am I?

Yes I am.

 

But unfortunately I have to pop this bubble of fantasy. How is it possible between Sungyeol and me!! No way can that happen. I don’t want history to repeat itself anymore. 

And just when I was engrossed in my own thinking, the lights and water suddenly went off. Could… could this be a blackout?

 

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~~~ 

 

I have absolutely no idea what to do about a blackout because I have never experienced it before. Moreover, I suffer from night blindness, which means right now I am practically blind and I can’t see anything in this pitch darkness.

 

And I am… . 

 

. I can’t possibly ask for help in this state right? 

 

A/N:

Hey readers! Sorry for this really short chapter and my apologies for not being able to update as promised. I am really really busy with school work. Sighs life of a students :( Nonetheless, thank you for all your support!! I am halfway through my next chapter and hopefully I'll be able to complete it soon! 

DESTINY IS A REALLY REALLY GOOD SONG!!!! (And omg Sungyeol became so hot!!!)