Will she come to the dance?

"I Guess"

 

            It was already 9pm. Lei went inside Claraine’s room.

            “Rain your godmother gave you this… she wants you to use it tomorrow…”

            Claraine receives the box and placed it on her bed.  She went near her separated closet, she opened it and saw two beautiful long gowns that was sent to her during her freshman and sophomore year, it was also for the dance but she wasn’t able to make use of it because she chose not to attend… *Too bad… I think you’ll have a new closet mate…*

            Lei was just staring at her. “Are you not going again…?”

            “I guess not…”

            “How about Chunji… your friend… is he not expecting you…?”  

            Claraine smiled cynically. “I think he’s not…”

            “Okay, just sleep now… goodnight…”

            “Goodnight too nanny…” she smiled resentfully.

            Claraine opened the box and was so astonished to see how beautiful the dress was. All of a sudden, her phone rang.

            “Hello… Claraine speaking…”

            “Oh hi Rain… it’s me… Chunji… are you going tomorrow…?”

            “No…”

            “Are you really sure about that…?”

            “Yes… I guess…”

            “But if in case you changed you mind… I’ll be waiting for you outside the school gate tomorrow… see you there… and one more thing…”

            “What…?”

            “I’m planning to tell you something…”

            He hanged up the phone.

            “Say something…? Maybe you’ll say that I was foolish to believe you…”

            She lies down and thinks. “But he already saw who I really am, so probably… Victoria’s story was not true at all…”

            “So now, you will go…?” discreetly, Lei was listening to her outside her room.

            “Nanny… you were listening…?!”

            “Yup… and I’m glad you formulated that idea.” Lei smiled.

            Claraine gave her the sweetest smile she could possibly offer. “Thanks nanny…”

            “Attack your bed now… goodnight…”

            Claraine sleeps with a smile on her face.

 

 

The next day…

            The party was about to start in just twenty-five minutes. The party will begin at exactly 8pm.

            All the excited people were already there, and that includes Victoria.

 

 

            Chunji was waiting outside the gate.

            “Hey man, don’t wait for her… she won’t come…” L.joe said.

            “No… I know she will come… she said maybe…”

            “Okay… if that’s what you believe… I’ll leave you now here…”

            Chunji gave him a smile.

            “Where are you…?” Chunji whispered to himself.

            He was shilling, standing outside… it was cold there but still he waits… “I don’t want to have an idea that you really are not coming…”

            *ChungAe… please… come…* he prayed.

 

 

            Inside, he can already hear all of them counting down.

            “10… 9… 8… 7… 6… 5… 4… 3… 2… and 1…!!!” the MC shouted. “We’re now officially announcing the start of our grand finale…!”

            “WHOO…!!” everybody cheered.

            “Hey, you’re missing all the fun… come inside now… she’s not coming…” L.joe gave Chunji a several taps on the shoulder.

            Chunji was waiting there for almost an hour. He’s losing his hope…

            He was silently sitting beside his club members… the pop music began occupying everyone’s ears… they were dancing and dancing… smiles and laughter are present in their happy faces.

            “Chunji my dear… cheer up…! Come and dance with me…” it was the annoying Victoria.

            “I don’t want to…”

            “But why…?” she was rolling her hands at Chunji’s face down to his shoulders.

            “Please don’t touch me… You’re the reason why Rain’s not here…!” Chunji exclaimed furiously.

             “How dare you accuse me…!”

            “I know… I know all… I heard you talking to her… and you were lying… all what you said was all lie…”

            Chunji makes her remember what that was about…

 

 

 

_____________________________

 

   ^_^  i hope you're liking it.. :D