Clash

Yakuza's Rapunzel

 

a/n: UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY HEECHUL!!! YOU ARE OLD! hahaha! BUT I STILL LOVE YOU!!! *waiting for your comeback from the military*


 

“Kurosaki-sama wants to talk to you.” the man said with that irritating stoic look on his face. It’s somehow different from Chen’s, and more annoying.
 
“No.” Seirin answered. “I don’t want to talk to him. I ran away for a reason.”
 
Kris tightened his arms around her as they both stood up. The man in front of them didn’t even flinch as Kris towered over him, in fact, it was as if he doesn’t give a damn. Well, there were at least four people surrounding the booth so there was a reason why he was confident.
 
“If you don’t mind, I’m taking my girlfriend home.” Kris growled lowly. He caught Tao and Sehun’s eyes and they immediately knew that there was trouble brewing.
 
Kris is quite thankful that they had told Tao about the circumstances that had brought Seirin to them, because if they had not, then it would be hard to answer Tao’s questions right now. The kid could sometimes be too curious for his own good.
 
“I’m afraid that I can’t let Kurosaki-san leave with you. She’s coming with me.” the man stated. “Now, if you please, Kurosaki-san. The car is waiting outside.” he bowed once again and held a hand towards the general direction of the exit.
 
Seirin tightened her hold on Kris’ hand. “I choose who to go with. And it’s definitely not you. Now leave me alone.”
 
“Please, Kurosaki-san. Do not make us do something rash.” the man said with, retaining his position. His words were clearly a warning.
 
“Yah, leave my noona alone, ahjussi. She doesn’t want to go with you.” Sehun’s baritone voice came in a grave tone. He eyed the other men surrounding the booth. “Honestly, noona, they are all here just to get you? Talk about high security.”
 
Kris rolled his eyes mentally at his brother’s antics. How could the kid still crack a joke in this situation?
 
“This is none of your business. Now if you would just leave quietly then everything will be alright. No one will get hurt.” the man answered, straightening up as his other minions advanced in.
 
Kris could see how Tao changed in demeanor, the usually calm and soft look in his eyes getting darker. He must admit that he is somehow intimidated by this side of Tao. He had only seen it once but he had decided that he doesn’t like it nor did he ever wished that he’d be the subject of such look on the younger one’s face.
 
“Make me.” Sehun hissed.
 
There was a tense silence on the booth, the booming music around them seemed to have drowned as the tension escalated. It only took for the man in suit to say ‘Get her.’ to have Kris, Sehun and Tao get in action. 
 
Tao grabbed the nearest thug to him and hurled him towards the dancing crowd, before grabbing another one, ready to show how badass he can get. Sehun, who was not good with hand-to-hand combat whatsoever, picked up some beer bottles and threw them as hard as he could at the advancing thugs, the bottles breaking as they made contact. The crowd immediately noticed the commotion and started making a tumult of their own, the drunks fighting each other for no reason at all while those who were sober enough were scampering to away to avoid being hit.
 
Kris used the confused uproar to drag Seirin away. He pushed the man in suit when the latter blocked them and ran for the exit, shouting for Sehun and Tao to follow. It was hard to squeeze himself and Seirin with the crowd who were in an uproar, but he managed to get them out somehow unscathed.
 
“Where’s Sehun? Tao? We need to get them out of there!” Seirin stated frantically.
 
“I know. But we can’t just barge back in. Where’s that friend of yours anyways? We kind of need some help right now!” Kris panted. He watched as the club’s patrons poured out of the door, planning to go back in to get his brother and Tao once there were no people in the way.
 
“I don’t know. I haven’t seem him after he got off the stage. But I know him and he can take care of himself. We need to help Sehun and Tao.” Seirin insisted.
 
They didn’t have to worry that long though because Tao and Sehun came bursting out of the door along with some of the last people to get stuck inside. Both were panting and Sehun had a broken lip while Tao was unmarked, at least his face wasn’t. 
 
“Are you okay?” Seirin hovered over the two, checking them for any fatal damage.
 
“Ecstatic, noona.” Sehun grinned, but the smile was immediately replaced by a scowl because of the split lip. “Ow. Dang, it stings. Mom’s going to kill me.”
 
“We can worry about that later. For now we should run. You’re minions are after our heads!” Tao panted, looking at Seirin.
 
“I parked the car at the end of the block. Let’s go.” Kris tugged at Seirin’s hand and soon they were running for the car.
 
The streets were crowded since it‘s vacation time and everybody has got nothing do specially during weekend nights like these, and maneuvering around the thick mass of people proved to be hard.
 
“Hyung, where is your car?” Sehun whined as they half jog half walk through the horde of people.
 
“We’re almost there. Just a bit more.” Kris reassured.
 
“Well, we better get there soon because I can see them right on our tail.” Sehun growled.
 
Kris squinted and saw that familiar hood of his car, the new one he got after the other car was shredded with bullet holes almost two months ago. Relief washed over him. They can make it out. Once they got away from here, they’d go straight to his father to settle things out. They would hide Seirin until her grandfather had calmed down, or, as they hope the old man would, until he stopped chasing Seirin around. That was the plan, it had been the plan ever since they had decided help Seirin.
 
The car was only a few feet away when someone had blocked them, instantly making them halt on their tracks. It was a burly man with a mean-looking face. The ones chasing them had caught up and was blocking their way back too.
 
What to do now?
 
Kris gripped Seirin’s hand a little bit tighter. He saw Tao and Sehun flank him on either side, the three of them making a lose barrier around Seirin. He’s pretty sure that they all had the same thing on their minds, not to let these hooligans get Seirin.
 
“I’m giving you one last chance, Kurosaki-san. Leave with us now and none of your friends get hurt.” the same man in the black suit said.
 
“I am not going with you.” Seirin hissed.
 
“Then you give us no choice.” the man replied. “Get them!” he snapped.
 
It felt like déjà vu. Come to think of it, they were in Myeogndong too when they were chased around by those hoodlums because of Seirin. The only difference now is that they know why these men were after Seirin.
 
Thug after thug came charging at them, and frankly, after the third guy that Kris had brawled with, he had lost feelings from both of his knuckles, he’s not even sure if it was his knuckles that has broke with yet another hard punch he had delivered, or it was the guy’s nose. One thing he was sure though, it’s that he can’t back down. That would mean that he’d lose Seirin.
 
Sehun and Tao weren’t faring any better either. Tao is good at martial arts and Sehun knows a thing or two about defending himself, but their enemies proved to use their number as an advantage. Sehun’s lips weren’t the only thing busted, so was Kris and Tao’s faces.
 
Even Seirin was a little roughed up. She was still holding her ground but she’s just a girl, she can only endure so much.
 
“Seirin! Run! We can handle them! Run while you still can.” Kris shouted as he delivered yet another blow to the thug he was facing.
 
“There’s no way I’m leaving you, Kris!” Seirin argued.
 
“Listen to me, goddamnit!” it’s rare for Kris to swear, and he wasn’t really fond with it, but he needs Seirin to understand. “They are after you. If they got you then this would be useless. So listen to me and run!” he yelled.
 
“Listen to him, noona! We can keep them long enough for you to run away!” Sehun agreed. One thug managed to punch him in the gut as he was distracted, he got back up with a growl and kicked the man in the groin. “That hurts, you crap!”
 
Seirin was not listening, the stubborn girl she is. Kris admires that a lot but what was more important now is her safety. The thugs were fighting them hand-to-hand and somehow Kris felt something wrong with it. Aren’t they part of the yakuza? It’s not that he wished they had, but why isn’t someone carrying a gun? Something is really wrong with the scene. And that’s what was disturbing.
 
And as if reading Kris’ thoughts, the man in the black suit whipped up a gun out of his inner pocket, pointing it up and no one in particular. It was clear that he was avoiding shooting someone.
 
“Maybe you can keep us distracted long enough to run, but listen, Kurosaki-san. You can run, but there is nowhere you can hide. It would only be matter of time for us to find you. And trust me, you don’t want us getting rough with you. You know what we are capable of.” he warned.
 
Kris gritted his teeth at the sight of the gun. Crap. Everything is just getting merrier by the minute. Now he’s pretty sure that someone’s going to get really hurt.
 
Seirin glared defiantly at the man in suit, giving the gun a cold look. Kris briefly wonders if she was even afraid a bit but the look in her eyes made him realize that she wasn’t. If they weren’t in such a dire situation, he would have been awestricken by his girlfriend’s bravery.
 
“I dare you try. I don’t care if you shoot me right now. I’d rather be shot than go with you!” Seirin spat.
 
“Who said I was going to shoot you, Kurosaki-san?” the man smirked, slowly lowering the gun and pointing it an unsuspecting Tao who was engrossed with hurling his fists at the thugs surrounding him.
 
“NO!” both Kris and Seirin shouted.
 
BANG!
 
 
 
 

Tao: Noona, did you just.... kill me?? *lips quivers with tears appearing*

Kris: You are one sadistic writer, you know? *glares at author while pulling Tao for a hug*

A/n: *glares at Kris*  Psssh..., such an overacting drama queen. The chapter's not even finished! Read the rest!


 

It seemed the world had stopped when the loud bang erupted. Kris watched as Tao fell to the ground. In rush of adrenaline, he kicked thug blocking him, hard enough to send the man into a crumpled heap on the dirty ground. Sprinting to Tao’s side, Kris cradled Tao’s head on his lap, calling out the younger’s name.
 
“Huang Zitao! Wake up! Don’t you dare die on me, you !” Kris yelled while shaking Tao’s head. It reminded him of that time that Seirin got shot. Honestly, how many times does he have to go through this kind of thing? How many times must he watch as one of the people he cares for get shot?
 
He shook Tao a few more times before the younger one managed to open his eyes.
 
“Are you okay? We are going to call an ambulance, Tao. Just hang in there!” Kris stated frantically, ignoring the ongoing brawl around him.
 
“Hyung, stop shaking me! Or else I’m going to throw up.” Tao groaned, trying to get up.
 
Kris stopped Tao from moving. “What the hell do you think you’re doing? You’ve just been shot! Stop moving around!”
 
“Shot? Hyung, what are you talking about? I ache all over but I don’t think I’ve been shot.” Tao frowned, hissing as he pushed himself to a sitting position.
 
“What? But the guy shot you! That’s why you fell.” Kris looked at Tao’s frail and bruised form. “Right?”
 
Tao huffed as he used Kris as leverage to stand up. “No. That guy kicked me in the chest, and it damned hurt a lot. I’m so spent that’s why I fell. I didn’t get shot, hyung.” he explained, holding a hand on his chest. “Ow, I’m going to be sore for days.”
 
“You didn’t? But that guy-” Kris swiftly turned around to look at the guy in suit.
 
His eyes widened when he saw a familiar pale face looking down at the unconscious man in suit. Another person was standing with him, and even if his face was partially covered by a handkerchief fashioned to mask his look, Kris can tell who he was; Chen. And the former was Lay. He wonders how long it had been since the two arrived to help. Well, he can’t complain that much, but it was about goddamn time they came. An earlier entrance would have been more appreciated though.
 
 With the five of them fighting side by side, defeating the rest of the thugs became easier. As soon as they had finished, Kris immediately enveloped Seirin in a hug, relieved that she wasn’t hurt that much, or worse, taken away. 
 
Lay and Chen went to join their little reprieve.
 
“Hey, I thought you were supposed to be neutral.” Kris told Lay.
 
Lay just smiled that dimple smile of his. “Well, my club is. But that doesn’t mean I can’t go into fights if I want to. Besides, if I hadn’t come in time, Tao would have been shot.” 
 
Kris raised a brow. So Lay had been the one to save Tao? 
 
“Hey, don’t look at me like that! You’re lucky I’m good at throwing things and hit that ugly ’s hand before he pulled the trigger. Chen did the rest of -kicking. He’s an expert.”
 
“You know each other?” Seirin asked, looking mostly at Chen.
 
Well, well, well. Someone is hiding something from their best friend.
 
“You can say that.” Lay answered vaguely. He dismissed Seirin’s inquiries by telling them that he had already called the authorities and that they would soon arrive.
 
True enough, five minutes later, police mobiles started swarming the area. Kris wracked his brain for an explanation about the whole thing because he can’t just go and tell the officers that the thugs were after Seirin because her grandfather is the head of a yakuza clan. But luck seemed to deicide to be on their side. Joonmyun emerged from one of the vehicles and it only took one look at the bruised faces of his sons, Seirin, and the rest of their friends, for him to understand.
 
Half an hour later, Kris and the rest, sans Lay who had to go patch things up at his club, found themselves home. Joonmyun insisted for Chen to stay home with them for the night but Chen declined, saying that he had some urgent things to attend to. Chen only stayed a few minutes to talk to Seirin, assure her safety, before driving off. Tao had no choice but to stay since he lives alone and there was no one to take care of his wounds for him.
 
Hyoyeon was in near hysterics when they all arrived, but she had always been logical and calm about things like this to panic. She was nagging at them though as she helped them with fixing themselves. An hour after they had changed and their wounds tended to, Joonmyun sent them all to bed, opting to talk to them once they were all well-rested.
 
Tao had to share a room with Sehun, something he had already done a few times before. It only took for them to slip under the blanket and like a snap, it was lights-out for them. Kris, however, couldn’t sleep immediately. He kept on tossing and turning even if he was too exhausted to be awake.
With a huff, he got out of bed and padded silently out of his room. The hallways were dark and the house was silent; everybody but him was sleeping. Or so he thought. One look at Seirin’s bedroom door and he knows she weren’t sleeping yet. It was just a gut feeling, but he went to check on her either way.
 
He didn’t want to disturb anyone else, and frankly, knocking on Seirin’s room in the middle of the night would raise suspicions from his parents, not that he was afraid or something like that. It’s just that they hadn’t had the time to tell them about his and Seirin’s relationship status. As far as his parents are concerned, they are just friends, housemates even.
 
So he sent her a text message, asking if she was still awake and if she was, he was outside her door. He didn’t expect for anything, but a minute later, Seirin opened the door silently. One look on her face and Kris knows something was wrong, or she was distressed at the very least.
 
He wordlessly went to hug her, hoping that she would be comforted by the gesture. “Can’t sleep?” he asked softly. She nodded. “Do you want some milk or anything?” a headshake. “Do you want me to stay with you until you can sleep?” a moment before she nodded.
 
He led her to bed and tucked her in, sitting beside her in the dimly lit room. She huddled close to him as he sat atop the sheets, slipping an arm on top of his waist as she buried her face on the her pillow.
 
“Do you want to talk about what’s bothering you?” he asked after a long silence.
 
She didn’t answer for a long while, and when she did, her voice was almost a whisper. “What happens when I can’t run anymore? When I can’t escape?”
 
Kris ran his fingers on top of her hair that was always tied up even if she was going to sleep. “I don’t really know. But one thing’s for sure. I won’t let them get you without a fight. I’ll do everything, I promise.” he answered in the same silent manner, feeling her arm tighten around him.
 
“Please… just tonight. Stay with me. I don’t want to be alone.” the plea on her voice was evident even it was barely above a whisper.
 
Kris sighed a bit, knowing how scared she must be feeling that moment, now that her grandfather was close enough to imprison her again. He doesn’t know as to what extent he can bring himself to in order to protect her, but one thing is for sure, he would do everything to keep her by his side.
 
He gently pried her arm off of him so he can settle under the blanket with her. The bed is a bit small for his huge frame, and if he would just stretch properly, he’s pretty sure that his feet would go past the lower section of the bed. But he doesn’t really care how cramped up he’ll feel in the morning. Seirin needs him tonight, to keep her demons from away from her dreams. And tonight, he’d be there for her.
 
He doesn’t remember falling asleep, but it didn’t really matter. Not when he woke up facing the most beautiful thing he had ever laid eyes on.
 
The sun was already high up the sky judging from the view of the window, it’s probably around lunch time. He’s lucky that his mom didn’t wake them up in the mornings anymore like she used to, or else they’d be wondering why his bed was empty. And there’d be a huge ruckus if they found him on Seirin’s bed.
 
Seirin was still sleeping, her peaceful features clear in the midday light as they huddled under the covers. One of her hands was stuck under her chin while the other was draped over him. Her soft cheeks were a little pale, and there was an ugly bruise near her lips, but the soft fluttering of her eyelashes still managed to knock Kris’ breath away. 
 
He still remembers that day they first met. It was only more than a month ago but with everything they gone through so far, it seems like a lifetime had already passed. Back then, he just thought of her as an annoying tourist, and then he discovered her true identity and he somehow distanced himself away from her. They are far too different. But she’s like gravity, she keeps pulling him in. And now, as he lie in bed with her, it just seemed like she’s got him wounded up around her finger. And somehow, he can’t seem to find it in himself to mind.
 
He could have been staring for an hour but he wouldn’t have noticed. When she groggily opened her eyes, he greeted her with a smile. “Good morning.”
 
“Good morning.” the smile on her face lets him know that she was okay with the setup they were in at the moment. She closed her eyes once again and Kris thought that she might have fallen back to sleep. “Thank you for staying.”
 
He smiled. “You only have to ask.”
 
There was a peaceful silence as they stayed like that a little while longer, basking in each other’s warmth and the reprieve from the outside world that seemed to have set itself on trying to separate them.
 
“We should probably get up before someone realize that I slept here.” Kris droned, not making a move though.
 
“Yeah, probably. I should probably be kicking you out.” Seirin replied.
 
Neither made a move.
 
Then there was knock on the door. They both opened their eyes, stiffening. Was the door locked? No one knows Kris was in Seirin’s room, right?
 
“Are you awake? I need to talk to you.” Joonmyun’s voice wafted through the room, a little muffled. 
 
Kris let himself relax for a bit. Unlike his mom, his dad won’t just barge into someone‘s room, especially a girl’s. So he just need to stay put as Seirin goes out, make sure that his father won’t see him. They won‘t know he had spend the night there.
 
“Both of you.” Joonmyun added.
 
Crap.
 
Kris stumbled out of the bed  just as Seirin got up. They nearly fell in their haste but luckily, they both manage to fix themselves upright, ignoring the aching protests of their bodies due to the beating they had the night before.
 
With a deep breath and apprehensive looks towards each other, Kris opened the door with Seirin standing awkwardly by his side.
 
Joonmyun’s unnaturally blank face greeted them. He gave them a look but kept his mouth shut.
 
“Nothing happened, dad. I swear I can explain.” Kris gulped. It’s rare for his father to have this look on his face. The last Joonmyun had given him the cold look was when he had been caught with a pack of cigarette stuffed inside his backpack. It wasn’t his of course, it had been a prank by one of the kids who didn’t like him at school, but Joonmyun still gave him that intimidating look as he waited for Kris to explain himself.
“I’m sure you can.” Joonmyun answered. “But there’s something more important that needed to be tended to first.”
 
Huh? Kris couldn’t help but frown. “What is it?”
 
Joonmyun looked at Seirin who had been silent with her head bowed, cheeks tinged with pink. “Your grandfather dropped by. He wanted to speak to you.”
 
Seirin’s head snapped, surprise and confusion clear on her face. She looked mortified.
 
Kris couldn’t believe his ears. Raijin’s head came by their home? Really? And why is his father acting nonchalant? He used to work on a Raijin case before! 
 
What is happening?

a/n: oooohhhhh.... ^_^... comments are loved darlings!

Kris: We are going to be in the Philippines soon for a concert...

a/n: O.o ...really? I thought it's just the K members...

Kris: Really? O.o Why???

a/n: How would i know? You tell me!