Control

Yakuza's Rapunzel

a/n: warning! there is a little implied rated part. you don't have to worry though because i don't really know how to write rated things.

so... enjoy!!!!


Kris watched the video over and over, looking for a sign of any other person approaching the scene. Still, after sitting on his father’s desk for almost two hours, he found nothing.
 

“Hey! Your still here? It’s late.” Joonmyun said as he dropped some documents on the desk. Go home already. Seirin is all alone.”
 

Kris sighed before shutting the computer off. “How can you be so sure that she isn’t the one who killed those three Japanese?” he asked bluntly.
 

Joonmyun gave him a look, “Besides the fact that those three had a big advantage over her since she’s a girl?”
 

“She can easily overpower me, dad. I mean, you hadn’t seen her fighting. If you have, then you’d be amazed. I heard that she spars with Tao at work and they’re almost at the same level.”
 

“You know that Sehun tends to exaggerate things when it comes to Seirin.”
 

“That’s besides the point, dad. She’s strong and knows multiple martial arts styles. She can easily kill those three men.”
 

“And you believe she would have done so?” Joonmyun asked.
 

Kris couldn’t answer right away. Of course he doesn’t think so. But he can’t dismiss the fact that Seirin could have and the fact that there was no other person to be caught on the CCTV is another proof that she could have done the crime.
 

“You see Kris, there’s one thing that I’ve learned when I was still new in the system, just like you. Not because you see something as reality means that it’s the truth.”
 

“So you mean that Seirin is innocent. And you believe it?” Kris inquired.
 

“All I’m saying is I believe her. I believe that she’s not lying to me.” Joonmyun replied calmly.
 

“But you barely know her!”
 

“You can know someone for your whole life and yet that doesn’t mean you can trust them.” a strange look of sorrow crossed Joonmyun’s eyes.
 

Kris was about to ask what his father meant but Joonmyun shooed him out of the office, sending him home to take care of Seirin. He reluctantly complied and made his way to his car after saying goodbye to the other officers.
 

It’s not that Kris doesn’t believe Seirin; he does. He just want to find a concrete evidence that would lead the crime away from Seirin. And he’s kind of frustrated that he had been coming up empty.
 

He arrived home after a few minutes, the short ride giving him enough time to clear his head from the frustrations lest he wanted to lash out on the first person he sees. There was only Seirin in the house and he didn’t want them to drift from each other even more. He knows it’s mostly his fault but he just can’t help it. Their lives are already in enough jumble, and he can’t complicate it even more with the butterflies fluttering in his stomach when she as much as smiles at him.
 

Kris is a master when it comes to controlling his feelings and expressions and everything he puts his hands into. But he’s just another person who is flawed and could sometimes forget about being in control. So that’s why he opts to avoid those situation that would render him to lose control.
 

“Hey! You’re back.” Seirin greeted. “I was making some food. Want to eat with me?”
 

Kris shook his head, “I’m fine. Thanks anyway.” he went for the stairs, ready to spend he rest of the day in his room until his parents and Sehun arrives.
 

Seirin nodded her head dejectedly. The girl was still covered in bandages in some parts, the bruises only two days old and were still looking as ugly as they had been the first day. The glum look on her face made Kris guilty. He’s sure that she notices how he avoids to be around her alone and just doesn’t say anything.
 

With a sigh, he stopped on the first step and turned to Seirin’s retreating back. “If you put egg on that ramen I’m sure you’re referring as food, I’ll be down in two minutes.” he announced. He didn’t stay long enough to see the surprised look on Seirin’s face, but he’s pretty sure he saw the sweet smile that followed as he disappears up the stairs.
 

He muttered under his breath as he changed clothes. He’s being stupid. For feeling jittery around her. For avoiding her. For wanting to be around her anyway even if he felt like melting when she’s near. He hates the fact that he’s got Hyoyeon’s soft heart and that even though he acts tough and always plaster that stoic look of authority on his face, his heart is easily bent.
 

He managed not to stomp down the stairs as he descended, he didn’t want Seirin to think that he was forcing himself to join her. Well, he is in a way. But he’s doing himself a favor really, so he can’t complain.
 

Seirin grinned as she brought two servings of ramen and gave one to Kris. They sat on the couch, a gag show on the television. For a moment, Kris let himself be immersed on the funny show, forgetting how he felt so awkward being alone with Seirin.
 

Seirin was laughing now and again as she watched the show, she couldn’t understand most of what the characters where saying but the actions were so funny that she needed to clutch her side once in while.
 

A few minutes into the companionable silence and Seirin suddenly handed something towards Kris.
 

“What’s that?” he raised a brow.
 

“It’s my gift for you.” Seirin replied with a smile. “Your graduation is the day after tomorrow, right?”
 

Kris hesitantly reached out and received the gift. The box holding it was simple enough and he wonders what was inside but he restrained himself. “Well, you could have given it to me on the day of graduation. Why so early?”
 

Seirin just smiled and turned back to the television. “You know I can’t go out of the house until the case is solved. I can’t go to your graduation and congratulate you personally so I’m giving it now.”
 

“You do know that I’d be coming back after the ceremony.” Kris retorted.
 

Seirin turned towards him again with a pout, “If you don’t want it, just say so. Give it back then.” she huffed and reached for the box.
 

Kris stopped himself from laughing out loud at the childish scowl on the girl's face. He stretched his hand up above him, keeping the box away effectively. “Who said I don’t want it?” he chuckled as Seirin kept on reaching out.
 

Seirin didn’t relent and still asked for the box back, Kris was actually enjoying teasing the girl. There was just something about the gentle smile on Seirin’s lips beneath scowling face that fascinates Kris, and he wants to see it more, longer.
 

He remembers that day she told him she likes his smile. He's not a smiley person in general, but ever since then, he had been smiling a little bit more everyday. And it’s all because of the one comment.
 

Seirin suddenly stopped and grimaced, clutching a hand on her left rib side. Kris immediately placed his bowl on the table and hovered over the girl.
“Are you okay? Does it hurt that bad? You’re such an idiot! I told you not to strain yourself!” he nagged.

 

The grimace on Seirin’s face suddenly disappeared as she snatched the box from the unsuspecting Kris. She started giggling as she inched away.
 

“Gotcha!” she teased.
 

Kris chortled, disbelieving. He had just been tricked. With a playful devilish smile, he lunged for the box, laughing heartily. He forgets about fluttering butterflies in his stomach and indescribable feelings for the moment, drowning his ears on Seirin’s shrieks of laughter. He tickles her sides and playfully grabbed her hands for the box. She was laughing and he could see tears b her eyes as she started using both hands and feet to drive him away and stop the tickling attacks.
 

At their little fight, Kris managed to get hold of her wrist and immobilize one of her hands, smirking triumphantly. “Give it. It’s my gift.” he demanded childishly and reached out.
 

Seirin was not the one to easily give up, using Kris’ momentary distraction, she pushed herself off the couch to tackle Kris, planning to bolt once he loosened up his hold on her. But the position they were in was precarious enough, and when Seirin pushed Kris, the latter lost his balance and fell off. He landed with a loud ‘off’, back on the floor.
 

“Why you little-” Kris groaned, trying to sit up.
 

He froze however when he noticed that something heavy as sitting on top of him. When he opened his eyes, Seirin’s face was an inch from him, her eyes wide with surprise. Apparently, Kris had dragged her with him when he fell, that’s why she ended up on top of him.
 

They stayed like that for a few seconds, just staring at each other, breathless from the sudden fall and the laughter earlier. Kris was the one to blink and scrambled to get up after. Only, his rash actions had caused for their forehead to collide as he sat up.
 

Groaning even louder, Kris held his head, Seirin not faring any better.
 

“Ow.” Seirin muttered. She scowled at Kris, handing him the box. “Here. I don’t want to get injured more over it.” she sighed.
 

Kris took the gift into his hands, briefly noting that they were sitting on the floor facing each other, they were so close that he could feel her warmth.
Seirin let out a sigh and stood, low as her injuries throbbed. She help out a hand to Kris and helped him up.

 

The awkward tension was back on the air once again and Kris was lost for words. He just stood there, a hand clutched on the small box. Seirin started cleaning up their mess and announced silently that she was going to wash the dishes.
 

“Thank you.” Kris called out before Seirin disappears to the kitchen.
 

Seirin turned, not quite meeting his eyes. “For pushing you?” she was clearly teasing.
 

Kris huffed lightheartedly, holding out the box. “For this, idiot.”
 

Seirin smirked lightly bad nodded her head before continuing towards the kitchen.
 

Kris closed his eyes tightly, chastising himself for letting himself lose control like that. He should be avoiding being close to her that way so whatever strange feelings that was blossoming inside him would disappear and go away. But there he went, let himself be distracted by that soft smile and ringing laughter once again. He needs to do better.
 

And by doing better, he went on avoiding Seirin once again inconspicuously. He would be spending quite an amount of time home after graduation before he started his formal training. He needed to regain full control of himself before then.
 

Remember, Kris. She’s supposedly your sister, he reminded himself.
 

The graduation day came faster than what Kris had expected. The whole family was there as Kris went up the podium to receive his diploma, that little piece of paper finally freeing him the prison people calls college. As he walked off the stage, his eyes scanned the cheering crowd below him. He could see his family, his friends, his classmates, and even some officers he had been working with in the past two years. It was indeed a happy occasion. But he couldn’t help but wish that another person was present as he run his fingers over the charm bracelet on his wrist.
 

Hyoyeon tackled him with a bear hug when the ceremony was finally over. Joonmyun and Sehun patted him on the back and were laughing as his mother suffocated him with a hug.
 

“Well, this means we celebrate!” Sehun announced. “Dad, I want some meat.”
 

Joonmyun laughed. “Yeah, yeah. Let’s go then.”
 

“Hey, wait. How about Seirin? She’s all alone at home, isn’t she? Shouldn’t we have invited her or something?” Kris stated. “How about we get takeouts and eat home instead?”
 

A strange grin split Sehun’s lips. “Aw, someone is missing someone.”
 

Kris glared. “Shut up. I just feel bad for the brat. She’s all alone while we’re celebrating my awesomeness.”
 

Sehun smirked. “Yeah, yeah. Whatever you say, brother. She’s probably dying in the car with this heat.” he stated nonchalantly and squeezed himself through the crowd.
 

It took a few seconds for Sehun’s words to register on Kris’ head. But when it did, he looked at his parents with surprise. “You brought her? She wasn’t supposed to leave the house, right?”
 

Hyoyeon just smiled. “She said she wanted to come and see you. And she’s family already, there’s no sense on leaving her home.”
 

Kris could only smile softly as they all made their way to the car. Sure enough, Seirin was there and she congratulated him with a big smile. Kris thanked her and though that maybe he could control himself. As Hyoyeon had said, she’s practically family. He just need to keep that in mind.
 

 

 

But keeping in mind that Seirin is just family is quite hard.
 

Not when Lay was laughing and standing so close to her as they talk on one corner of the bar. Kris and some of his friends decided to celebrate their graduation at some bar. He had expected much, but the bar being the one that Lay owns was far from his mind. Sehun and Tao invited themselves since they were pretty close with Kris and his friends anyways. And of course, Sehun would not go celebrate without his precious noona, so even if Seirin declined at first, she had no choice but to get dragged too. Besides, who can say no to Tao and Sehun’s combined aegyo?
 

“Kris, you’re drinking a little too fast, dude. Slow down. The night is young.” one of his friends clapped him on the back.
 

Kris ignored him and continued downing beer after beer until he felt a little lightheaded. He doesn’t care if he gets drunk, he just wanted to forget about Seirin and her stupid captivating smiles for the night.
 

A little into his seventh bottle, Kris’ vision is a little blurry, everyone seemed to be swaying in front of him. He kept his straight face though, keeping the cool façade. When he glanced back to where Seirin was sitting with Lay, he felt something in him snap.
 

Lay seemed to be sitting just a little bit closer to Seirin, closer than earlier anyways. Seirin was listening intently to whatever crap Lay’s mouth was spouting, the two of them giggling now and again. Kris couldn’t take it anymore and made his way towards the table. Where was Sehun and Tao anyway? Weren’t the two supposed to be taking care of Seirin and keeping her from this dimpled bane of Kris’ existence?
 

“Hey, Kris!” Lay grinned at him as he approached. “Are you okay? You seem to be swaying a bit there, buddy.”
 

“I’m fine.” Kris growled. He reached for Seirin‘s hand, making her stand next to him.
 

“What’s wrong, Kris?” Seirin inquired, concern seeping through her gentle voice.
 

Kris wanted to suffocate her with a hug right that instant, the alcohol in his system meddling his brain function. Control. He needs control, dammit. Lay had stood too and seemed to lend a hand but Kris brushed him away with another growl.
 

“Stay away from her.” Kris glared, clearly somewhat inebriated. “Mine.” he hissed and put a possessive arm on Seirin’s waist.
 

Lay held up his hand, giving Seirin a look. “Are you going to be okay to bring him home? He’s had a little too much of alcohol, I think.”
 

“He’s fine with me. I‘m not drunk enough anyways. I can get us a taxi just fine.” Seirin replied and started dragging Kris towards the exit. “Come on, Kris. Let’s go home.”
 

Kris let himself be guided towards the door but he stopped abruptly and pulled Seirin to a hug. His brain kept screaming ‘control’. He shooed the annoying voice away.
 

“What are you doing?” Seirin’s muffled gasp went nearly unheard over the loud booming music inside the club.
 

“I honestly don’t know.” Kris replied. He released Seirin from the hug but kept her in his arms. “You just… I don’t have control when you’re around. I can’t seem to control my thoughts when it comes to you.” he admitted. Later when he’s sober, he’d blame his loose tongue on the alcohol.
 

Seirin looked up at him confusedly. “You know what? You’re drunk. Let’s go home.”
 

Kris took hold of her right hand and pressed her palm over his heart. “Do you feel that? Whenever you’re around, that beats very fast I’m afraid you would hear it. It leaps thousands of miles when you smile. And I feel like drowning in anger whenever I see the bruises those jerks had given you. I lose myself being near you.” he confessed. “What are you doing to me?”
 

Seirin gaped at him for a few moments and  then started giggling. “I didn’t know you have a loose tongue when you’re drunk, Kris. And you’re such a sap too.”
 

Kris frowned. Why is Seirin making fun of him? He was pouring his anxieties, and not to mention his heart, on her. And she’s calling him a sap? Is she taking his words that lightly? Does she not understand?
 

Seirin continued giggling, shaking her head even more.
 

Well, I just have to make her understand, Kris thought.
 

The next thing Kris realized, he was pushing Seirin gently (or so he thought) to the wall near the door. Seirin’s eyes widened with surprise but Kris barely noticed it. He was busy pressing his lips into that warm full ones. He braced Seirin with an arm against the wall, his other hand still clutching her palm over his chest.
 

His heart was racing and he’s sure that Seirin can feel it through his shirt. He parted their lips but kept their faces close, so close that they were breathing the same air. He asked himself what he had just done and he came up with no answer. All he knew is that those pair of lips is so addicting. So sweet and soft and he wants more. So he took more.
 

He leaned in once again and claimed Seirin’s lips, pressing himself into her smaller frame, close enough to feel her warmth, but gentle so that he wasn’t crushing her into the wall. He didn’t realize how it happened but Seirin was responding to his kisses, her free hand clutching at his waist.
 

So it’s okay. He could let go of his control because it’s okay. Seirin wasn’t pushing him away. It’s okay. These words were running through his head as he kissed her even further, slipping his tongue inside and tasting more of that sweet cavern.
 

He had expected fireworks and all that jazz people say when you kiss someone. Of course his first kiss had been unforgettable, but he couldn’t compare that to this kiss. Seirin’s lips molded with his perfectly, responding in sync to his every move. The kiss was far from perfect, it was a bit messy at some point, just the two of them carelessly pressing their mouths together, seemingly not tired of tasting the other. But even if it wasn’t near the perfect kiss, something inside Kris feels so light. It felt right. Kissing her felt right. And he can’t get enough.
 

Or maybe it’s just the alcohol in his brain talking.
 

The two of them stopped once the need for air became unbearable. Kris laid his forehead on hers, the two of them panting for oxygen. He stared at her lips, now full and swollen, and so much more inviting.
 

“Kris…” she breathed out, a little dazed.
 

“Let’s go home.” Kris simply said, his lips brushing with hers lightly.
 

That was the last thing he remembered of that night.
 

The next morning, Kris found himself tangled in his sheets, the familiar softness of his bed beckoning him back to sleep. He felt like he had forgotten something important but sleep was still clogging his brains. Maybe he’ll remember in an hour or two.
 

A movement beside him had Kris opening his eyes. He’s still half inebriated with sleep but aware enough to notice that something was unusual around him. That’s when the warmth of another person on his bed registered. He slowly turned his head.
 

Messy dark locks, pale skin, a familiar face. She was huddled against his side under his blue covers, a hand carelessly thrown across his waist. Her soft breath is ticklish against his bare chest and he could feel her shoulder slowly rising and falling along with her breathing.
 

He didn’t know how long he had been staring but eventually, she started waking up. He held his breath as she opened her eyes.
 

She seemed to not notice where she was at first, snuggling even closer. And then her hands started roaming his chest, her eyes were still closed and he figured she was wondering about the strange body she was hugging. Her eyes suddenly flew open and she looked up to him, blinking twice before realization hit her.
 

Kris had half a second to react before his muscles obeyed the screamed instructions of his brain. Seirin’s mouth opened to let out a shriek but he managed to cover it with a palm, effectively silencing her. He ended up hovering over her with the slight struggle.
 

Their precarious position dawned on him. He was on top of her, a palm over as she looked at him with big eyes full of confusion. They were both under the same sheets, in various states of undress. Well at least he’s sure he is.
 

Crap. What had he done.
 


a/n:  crap... what had I done??

Kris:  Did you just...

a/n:  *huddles in a corner and fiddles with fingers* I...

Kris: you better have a good explanation for this, young lady! Don't tell me you're starting to write smu- *groans*

a/n:  *stays quiet and averts eyes*

Lay: *pokes author* So... what really did happen?

Kris: ZHANG YIXING!