Complications

Alone

Myungsoo woke up by the squirming of the person next to him. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled.

“Jongie-ah” Myungsoo whispered.

“Good morning sleepy hyung.” Sungjong playfully poked Myungsoo’s cheek. The visual giggled at the maknae’s cuteness. Sungjong smiled, but for some reason, Myungsoo felt something was wrong.

“Is there anything wrong?” Sungjong flinched.

“No, hyung. I’m okay” Sungjong smiled again and stood up. “Well, come on. Let’s have some breakfast, or should I say lunch.” Myungsoo just nodded. He stood up and hugged Sungjong.

“If there is anything wrong, you can tell me okay? I love you.” Myungsoo kissed Sungjong’s cheek.

“Thanks hyung, I love you too.” With that, both of them went to the kitchen.

“Well it was about time you two woke up.” Woohyun cocked an eyebrow at Myungsoo.

“Sorry hyung” Woohyun just shook his head.

“Come on, lunch is ready.” The three of them entered the dining area. Sungjong sat next to Hoya, while Myungsoo had no choice but to sit next to Sunggyu.

“Here you go Jongie.” Woohyun happily handed the bowl to the maknae. Sungjong just gave him a faint smile.

“Thanks hyung” Sungjong said, almost in a whisper. Sungjong took a spoonful and ate it.

“So?” Woohyun carefully asked. “Is it good?” Sungjong couldn’t lie, it was good.

“I missed your cooking Woohyun hyung.” Sungjong smiled at the other. Woohyun felt happy with what the maknae said. He stood up and hugged the maknae.

“Awwwwww, thanks Jongie!! I missed you too.” After finishing the meal quickly, Sungjong stood up.

“Thanks for the meal Woohyun hyung, please excuse me.” Sungjong slightly bowed and went back to his room.

“What’s his problem?” Sungyeol asked.

All eyes were now on Myungsoo.

“What? I didn’t do anything!” Myungsoo defensively said.

“Whatever it is, leave it. It’s none of our business. Maybe he’s just tired.” Sunggyu said without looking at anyone.

***

Sungjong threw himself to bed. He has been sighing for the nth time now since he entered his room.

Why am I even feeling angry at them at the first place? I should get angry at Sunggyu hyung only right? Sungjong shook his head.

They didn’t even do anything wrong, but why am I feeling angry at all of them? Sungjong sighed again.

After minutes of thinking, Sungjong finally remembered something.

Now I remember. They never appreciated me. Sungjong heavily sighed. He took the pillow and covered it with his face.

Just be strong Jongie. Let’s make them realize how talented you are! Fighting! Sungjong balled up his fist.

***

Night time came, and most of the members were out. Myungsoo and Sungyeol went to the mall to watch a movie. Sungjong didn’t mind, he trusts Myungsoo not to cheat on him.

Sunggyu, Woohyun and Dongwoo also went out. Only Hoya and Sungjong were home.

“Hey Jongie” Hoya suddenly appeared at the maknae’s door. “Someone’s here for you” Hoya smiled and disappeared. Sungjong knew who it was and quickly rushed out of his room.

“Hey” The person waved, holding a small box in his hand.

“Guk hyung” Sungjong slowly walked to him.

“I’m here, as usual.” Sungjong smiled. “Do you want to eat these in your room?” Sungjong nodded.

Yongguk took a seat at Sungjong’s bed. For the past three months, Yongguk and Sungjong had been very close, up to the point where Yongguk fell for the maknae.

FLASHBACK

“Jongie-ah” Sungjong hummed. They have been cuddling at Sungjong’s bed for a while now. “I need to tell you something.”

Sungjong tilted his head upward. “What is it hyung?”

Yongguk took a deep breath.

“I’m falling for you Sungjong.” Sungjong sat up and back faced Yongguk. When Sungjong didn’t respond, Yongguk sighed. “Just....forget about it Sungjong. Never mind”

“I’m sorry hyung” Yongguk sat up. “I’m in love with Myungsoo hyung.”

“Even though they hurt you?” Sungjong nodded.

“I love him hyung, no matter what happens. I’m sorry I can’t accept your feelings.” Yongguk just sighed. Sungjong suddenly felt a pair of arms around his waist.

“It’s okay. I understand you. Just don’t push me away okay?” Sungjong nodded. As Yongguk faced down, a tear escaped his eye.

End of flashback

“So, did you miss me?” Yongguk teased. Sungjong chuckled.

“You’ve been going here for the past three months hyung. Of course I missed you.” Sungjong said in a sarcastic tone. Yongguk chuckled.

“Here, I bought these on my way here.” Yongguk handed a box of red velvet cupcakes to Sungjong.

“Awwww, thanks hyung!!” Sungjong hugged Yongguk by his neck. Sungjong took the small cupcake and ate it in one bite.

“Is it good?” Sungjong smiled like a happy kid. Yongguk ruffled Sungjong’s hair.

“I’m glad you like it then.” Sungjong playfully pushed Yongguk.

“Aish, hyung! Stop treating me like a kid.” Sungjong circled the room while Yongguk chased him.

“Aish, if I catch you!” Yongguk laughed as he ran. After minutes of running, Yongguk finally caught Sungjong. Both of them panted hard.

“Yah!” A voice suddenly shouted from the door. “What do you think you’re doing?” Myungsoo pulled Sungjong away from Yongguk.

“Hyung, stop. We were just playing.” Sungjong stood in between them.

“Playing? He obviously likes you Jongie. He looks at you the way I look at you!” Myungsoo shouted.

“So what if I like him?” Yongguk cocked an eyebrow.

“Well, you need to stop with what you’re trying to do because me and Sungjong are finally a couple.” Myungsoo glared at Yongguk. The rapper flinched.

“I-I-Is this true?” Yongguk faced Sungjong. Sungjong’s head faced the floor and nodded. “Oh” He took his bag “Well, I guess I’ll leave then.” Yongguk bowed and rushed out the door.

“Hyung wait!” Sungjong cried out, but the rapper didn’t stop.

Yongguk ran, not bothering to look back. He knew this all along.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. Why did I ever get my hopes up? Why am I even acting this way? I don’t have the right to feel jealous.

“Why are you being like this hyung?” Sungjong asked in a furious tone towards the visual. Myungsoo sighed.

“Because I know he likes you and you know how much I get jealous.” Sungjong sighed.

“I know” Myungsoo’s eyes widened.

“You knew and you just let him be like that?” Sungjong looked away. Myungsoo scoffed. “Are you playing with me?” A tear escaped Sungjong’s eye.

“Do you really think I would do that to you hyung?” Myungsoo looked away. “Did you know that he confessed to me before, but I told him that I couldn’t accept his feelings, because I told him I have feelings for you.”

Myungsoo flinched.

 “And he has respected that decision of mine. You know why he still stays even after I rejected him? Because he was the one I had to lean on the most, because he was here when I needed someone the most. I just wish that you would trust me.”

“I want to have some time alone hyung.” Sungjong faced the floor. Myungsoo wanted to say something but he just sighed and shook his head.

“We’ll talk tomorrow okay?” With that, Myungsoo left the room.

Sungjong sat on his bed.

Why are things so complicated?

 

 

 

 

So here's the update! I'm sorry if it took so long! So about this chapter, well, Sungjong and Yongguk moments, and a bit of the angst part!! Lol, so please leave your comments okay? Saranghaeyo!! <3