A new beginning

Alone

FLASHBACK

6 boys stood in a practice room as trainees for Woollim entertainment. After passing the audition proper, they were finally trainees.

“So, first of all, congratulations to you guys.” Applaud filled the room. “Second, you are gathered here today because you passed the auditions.” Everyone in the room felt great. “And third, I assume you all know each other a bit more now?”

They nodded in agreement.

“Well, then I guess it’s time I told you what I really need to say. You’ll be having another member, the 7th person for Infinite.”

The other members exchanged glances.

“But, before that, let me do a recap. Sunggyu and Woohyun are the vocals, Hoya and Dongwoo are the rappers, Myungsoo is the visual, and Sungyeol is the sub vocals.”

“Aren’t we pretty much complete then?” Woohyun asked.

“Pretty much, yes. But our CEO was personally there when this person passed the auditions, and well, he thought the group would need it.”

“So, where is he?” Hoya asked, wanting to see the new member.

“I’ll go get him then.” Their manager left. They sat in silence with everyone deep in thought.

After a few minutes, their manager returned.

“So, here’s the new member.” They eyed the person next to him. They felt really confused now.

“I thought we were a boy group?” Sungyeol suddenly asked.

“You are.” Their manager said.

“Then why....” Sungyeol didn’t continue when he realized that the feminine figure was a boy.

“Oh, hello. My name is Lee Sungjong.” The person bowed.

“So he’ll be the maknae of the group.” Their manager smiled. “So you better take good care of him okay?”

“Yes!” They all shouted.

“Now, I’ll be back after 20 minutes okay? I need to see our boss first. Get to know him.” With that, their manager left again.

When they realized how awkward it is for Sungjong, they decided to sit.

“So, Sungjong, I guess I’ll introduce us first.” Woohyun stood up.

“This is Sunggyu, he’s the oldest.” Sunggyu waved at him. Sungjong gave a light smile.

‘Why is this boy smiling like this?’

“I’m Woohyun.” Woohyun walked to Sungjong and hugged him.

“This is Dongwoo, he’s a dinosaur.” Sungjong giggled.

“This is Hoya, he’s a quiet person.” Hoya couldn’t react. The person in front of him was gorgeous.

“This is Sungyeol. He’s a big choding.” Sungjong giggled again.

“Hey! I am not!” Sungyeol pouted.

“And last, this is Myungsoo.” Just like Hoya, Myungsoo felt a little shocked with how beautiful Sungjong is.

“It’s nice to meet all of you.” Sungjong stood up and gave a bow.

‘He’s too thin, he looks weak, and he looks like a girl. Why does that piss me off?’ Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

‘But his smile....’ Sunggyu shook his head and erased the thought.

‘I think I’m in love.’ Hoya thought as he admired Sungjong in awe.

‘I wish I have a camera right now.’ Myungsoo blushed when they made eye contact.

“Just don’t go bringing the group down okay?” Sunggyu suddenly said. He rushed out of the practice room, leaving everyone in shock.

End of flashback.

“Hyung.” Sungjong was about to interrupt when Sunggyu continued talking.

“It’s just that...” Sunggyu bit his bottom lip.

“What is it hyung?” Sungjong asked.

“I....”

Sunggyu froze for a second, contemplating if he should confess to Sungjong.

“I...”

“Hyung? Are you okay?” Sungjong said.

“Sungjong, I....” Sunggyu was at lost for words.

I like you.

“It’s nothing.” Sunggyu sighed. “It’s really nothing.”

“Are you sure hyung?” Sungjong asked, inching closer to him. Sunggyu felt a bit nervous.

“Yes.” Sunggyu stood up. “So, can we start again?” Sunggyu asked. Sungjong smiled.

‘That damn smile every time.’ Sunggyu blushed.

“Of course hyung.” Sungjong walked up to Sunggyu and gave him a hug. “I’m sorry too hyung, for being a burden.”

Sunggyu froze.

You’re not a burden. You never were one. I was just stupid.

“I’m really sorry for making your life harder.” Sunggyu could hear Sungjong sniffling.

Stop, please. You never did anything wrong. I was just in denial.

“Thanks for being a good leader hyung.” Sunggyu felt his heart break.

Is that what he thinks?

Pushing his feelings aside, he hugged Sungjong back.

“Never, ever say that ever again okay? You never did anything wrong! I was the one who kept hurting you.” Sunggyu hugged the maknae tighter. “You were always a fast learner Sungjong, you never brought the group down, and you were never a burden.”

“Hyung, I.”

“No! Shut up! Never say anything bad about yourself ever again, or else I’ll kick your !” Sunggyu shouted, closing his eyes as tears streamed down his cheek. “I’m sorry Sungjong, I was stupid back then, but I finally learned my lesson.”

“Thank you hyung.” Sungjong burrowed his face on Sunggyu’s chest.

“I’ll try my best to be the best hyung ever.” Sunggyu sniffled.

I love you.

“Thanks hyung.”

For a moment, they just stood there. Little that they know, someone was eavesdropping to their conversation.

All these years, it was just a big facade. The person suddenly entered the room, making the two jump in surprise.

 

 

 

 

 

So here's the update! I wanted to make Sunggyu confess, but I thought of other way on how he can find out!! Lol, about the flashback, well, that's how Hoya, Myungsoo, and Sunggyu sorf of started to like Sungjong!

So please leave your comments okay? Saranghae! <3

 

 

BTW, the song for ths day is Love Letter by VIXX. You should try listening to that song while you read chapter 34 and 35!! Thank you!